K-Pop Songs Distributed By Kakao M Have Been Removed From Spotify Worldwide

Spotify has launched in South Korea since February this year. However, there is already a streaming service provided by Melon that's owned by Kakao M.

None of the songs distributed by Kakao M was available on Spotify South Korea. And today, all the songs were removed internationally on Spotify.

The list of affected artists includes:

MAMAMOO

SEVENTEEN

IU

MONSTA X

GFRIEND

The Boyz

LOONA

Sunmi

(G)I-DLE

BtoB

Apink

P1Harmony

Dreamcatcher

Epik High

SISTAR

CRAVITY

Cosmic Girls

and many more

unnamed.jpg.c856eb3637760cc8fe5acd9bed5e19c5.jpg

• Love 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotify has launched in South Korea since February this year. However, there is already a streaming service provided by Melon that's owned by Kakao M. None of the songs distributed by Kakao M was

This is so petty.  Apple Music users stay winning, though. 

The control I have a feeling they'll eventually lift this ban - it just doesn't seem sustainable to me. 

Posted Images

• Exhale+

I still have all of those artists on Spotify. I think this ban is only for South Korean audience as to make sure not a lot of users switch to Spotify from the local services. For the international audience, it's still there :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

54 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I still have all of those artists on Spotify. I think this ban is only for South Korean audience as to make sure not a lot of users switch to Spotify from the local services. For the international audience, it's still there :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Nope, Reddit and Twitter are full of international fans losing their minds. You must be some weird outlier, idk... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Exhale+
13 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Nope, Reddit and Twitter are full of international fans losing their minds. You must be some weird outlier, idk... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Idk, im from Serbia (Europe). I wonder what it looks like for other Europeans on the forum? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Idk, im from Serbia (Europe). I wonder what it looks like for other Europeans on the forum? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

I just realized Hyuna's old discography owned by her previous label Cube is gone :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: The stuff she produced with P Nation is still there. She needs to buy rights to her music ASAP, this could kill her income :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Those who are not affected might have the songs downloaded prior the purged. Anyway, I was so furious when half of the songs on my playlist gone. I have no choice, and decided to terminate my subscription and jump to Apple Music. I heard that the negotiation has been started since 1.5 year ago but they didn't even get a closure for the licensing agreement. Kinda sad tho because I'm so obsessed with Spotify's algorithm when ir come's to music suggestion. But at the same time, I paid for my music, so I bye bye Spotify.