Jump to content

Would You Like Electro-Pop To Come Back?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting 2007, electronic music made a big appearance in the pop world when a lot of pop artists started incorporating it into their music (e.g. Gaga, Britney, Rihanna etc.) Personally, I enjoyed this

I think PCD already brougth electro-pop back with React somewhat, and the overall reaction to it was quite good  

Oh, for sure! I think once the covid dies down, the sad, mid-tempo and dark music will take a decline and we will see genres like electro-pop, hyperpop, disco, and dance music rule the charts since pe

Posted Images

  • Community Curators

I'd love for it to make a comeback at some point, but I love the fact that electronic music, in general, whether it's retro, or not, is making a comeback. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: Dua with 70's style music, The Weeknd with 80's style music, and Gaga with 90's style music.

  • Love 4
Link to post
  • Community Super Mods

Only if it can be done in a modern way that sounds fresh. The thing that I've been missing most from that era is just the anthems that get you hyped up, make you want to dance, give you energy, and feel happy. 

I feel like back then, songs were overly upbeat and happy to where there was no moodiness, depth, or emotion to pop songs. But now, it seems like there are very few upbeat, happy pop songs and now every pop songs is moody and mid tempo. I don't dislike the trend, I actually like it a lot. I just wish there were a good happy medium instead of it being all at one extreme or the other.

I feel like 2015-2018 was a golden era in pop music where it blended the late 2000s-early 2010s trends of electropop + EDM + anthems with the new moodiness, depth, and emotion that was a new, fresh, modern take on pop music. I'm thinking of songs like Let Me Love You by DJ Snake/Justin Bieber, Slumber Party, Needed Me by Rihanna, Side to Side, Gold by Kiiara, Closer by The Chainsmokers, Wolves by Selena Gomez/Marshmello, etc.

  • Love 4
  • Like 2

#FreeBritney

Link to post
  • Exhale+
13 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Only if it can be done in a modern way that sounds fresh. The thing that I've been missing most from that era is just the anthems that get you hyped up, make you want to dance, give you energy, and feel happy. 

I feel like back then, songs were overly upbeat and happy to where there was no moodiness, depth, or emotion to pop songs. But now, it seems like there are very few upbeat, happy pop songs and now every pop songs is moody and mid tempo. I don't dislike the trend, I actually like it a lot. I just wish there were a good happy medium instead of it being all at one extreme or the other.

I feel like 2015-2018 was a golden era in pop music where it blended the late 2000s-early 2010s trends of electropop + EDM + anthems with the new moodiness, depth, and emotion that was a new, fresh, modern take on pop music. I'm thinking of songs like Let Me Love You by DJ Snake/Justin Bieber, Slumber Party, Needed Me by Rihanna, Side to Side, Gold by Kiiara, Closer by The Chainsmokers, Wolves by Selena Gomez/Marshmello, etc.

I actually agree with you. I would also like for it to come back but in a fresh kind of way, that's why I think React by PCD is the perfect example. It has their signature sound of the 2000s, yet it still sounds very fresh and modern :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:I am not gonna lie, current music atmosphere is making me bored (except for Dua Lipa and Kylie who came out with upbeat songs,) I just find it all very bland and more or less the same; all the songs are starting to sound like extentions of one another. And like you said, bring in some diversity tbh, its always either one or the other, never a mix of the two for everybody's taste buds, so it gets quite irritating :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Edit: Ava Max did a great job with this song:
 

 

  • Love 3
Link to post
  • Exhale+
48 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

I'd love for it to make a comeback at some point, but I love the fact that electronic music, in general, whether it's retro, or not, is making a comeback. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: Dua with 70's style music, The Weeknd with 80's style music, and Gaga with 90's style music.

I agree, thank god for Dua, Kylie and Wekknd for bringing some BEAT into their music :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: Ava Max is honestly producing some good classic pop bops, I love her for it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

  • Love 2
Link to post
  • Community Curators
40 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I agree, thank god for Dua, Kylie and Wekknd for bringing some BEAT into their music :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: Ava Max is honestly producing some good classic pop bops, I love her for it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

This! It's nice to hear upbeat, happy music again. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Dua, Kylie, Gaga, The Weeknd, and Ava did that

  • Love 2
Link to post
  • Exhale+

Oh, for sure! I think once the covid dies down, the sad, mid-tempo and dark music will take a decline and we will see genres like electro-pop, hyperpop, disco, and dance music rule the charts since people will be coming back to the clubs and people in general would want a more optimistic future ahead of them. Hopefully, with this rise will come the death of modern hip-hop :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

  • Love 6

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Starting 2007, electronic music made a big appearance in the pop world when a lot of pop artists started incorporating it into their music (e.g. Gaga, Britney, Rihanna etc.) Personally, I enjoyed this pop trend the most as it gave us amazing bops and actual club music to dance to. So once this entire pandemic craziness is over, would you like electro-pop to re-appear? Here are some of the best songs from the era:

 

 

How are feeling exhale, do we want it back or not? :)electro.jpg.e93dd4a627fffc547b0b3d25d76d8c56.jpg

YES!!!!

Link to post
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Starting 2007, electronic music made a big appearance in the pop world when a lot of pop artists started incorporating it into their music (e.g. Gaga, Britney, Rihanna etc.) Personally, I enjoyed this pop trend the most as it gave us amazing bops and actual club music to dance to. So once this entire pandemic craziness is over, would you like electro-pop to re-appear? Here are some of the best songs from the era:

 

 

How are feeling exhale, do we want it back or not? :)electro.jpg.e93dd4a627fffc547b0b3d25d76d8c56.jpg

not really agreeing with the examples. but absolutely fing yes!

Link to post
  • Exhale+
54 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh, for sure! I think once the covid dies down, the sad, mid-tempo and dark music will take a decline and we will see genres like electro-pop, hyperpop, disco, and dance music rule the charts since people will be coming back to the clubs and people in general would want a more optimistic future ahead of them. Hopefully, with this rise will come the death of modern hip-hop :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

God I hope you're true :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I need some positivity in my life :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

  • Love 3
Link to post
  • Exhale+
2 minutes ago, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

not really agreeing with the examples. but absolutely fing yes!

That's legit, what songs do you believe were the best from the electro pop? :) I'd love to hear em :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block