Unpopular Opinion: Christina deserved the Best New Artist award over Britney at the 2000 Grammy Awards.

I am sorry but Christina isn’t a Britney clone . Stripped, B2b and the rest of her albums sound nothing like Britney’s at all . The Grammys are about talent that’s why Britney didn’t win that Grammy for best new artist. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the documentary said, Britney made pop cool again.  And she was a girl.  Back then, it was all about boys and and boy bands.  I think Britney deserved it, especially with how successful BOMT and it

Jessica Simpson should have won

Thank God Britney didnt receive the BNA award. A lot of one hit wonders got it and where are they now? This award almost always works like a curse. When you think that Megahn Trainor got it and her re

Posted Images

Not even Xtina herself believed she won. Macy Gray won as "best new artist" even in the VMAs (the "COOL" award)!

But I kinda agree on xtina winning (thinking at THAT time). We didnt know Britney would be ACHIEVE SO MUCH MORE than xtina.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thats an overstatement. If there is anything she has ever hated, it was Myah Marie Jean but Britney has always cherished most of the records she has ever released and doesn't thrown them under the bus.

Doesn't she hate Sometimes tho?

+ it has been rumored she doesn't like HIAM though that's never been confirmed.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I really dislike Christina's first album apart from the singles. 

Britney deserved that award, like seriously her explosion and such was powerful for both the music industry and Britney in general. It made the public re-engage with the music shows, so yes Britney should of got it. Christina got the Grammy for Beautiful and that should of been her first Grammy.

That 70S Show Fez GIF

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

And honestly, even tho Xtina still had 2 successful eras post-new artist grammy era, the curse must have come around later considering that when she flopped she didnt just flopped, she actually FLOPPED below the flop standards :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

Yeah, it was THE flop. I think it was the first huge *** flop that started all the flop culture we have today (we cant count Nelly Furtado though, she wasnt a huge pop act). And it is kinda sad, Christina is very talented. She got flack for Bionic (amazing album btw) cause people compared her to Lady Gaga, and then in Lotus because of body shaming. Add that to her toxic diva personality and BOOM, she got roasted :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Newrie said:

WHAT?! Do you think music is about a technical song contest? No! It is about how you feel listening to it. Whitney Houston had a fantastic voice and it was because she had the ability to speak to your emotions when singing AND because her tone was beautiful AND because she technically was outstanding. Christina does not speak to anyone’s feelings when screaming, I can’t imagine that. I only see comments like this where people are basically saying “well she has a bigger range than Britney and can belt louder”. That’s not being a great singer, performer or artist. Secondly, Christina’s voice is ugly. I like everything from Joan Baez to Courtney Love to Janis Joplin to Britney, so it is not that I don’t appreciate a strong female voice like Janis’s or Courtney’s, but those two have voices that feels great to listen to, both aesthetically and emotionally. I actually can’t think of another female singer that I think sound ugly and like, honestly makes me sick when I hear it, I have never been able to bear hearing it, I had to change the channel/radio station/song etc. 

*Edit* 

I think Katy Perry has quite an unpleasant voice as well, and so know some others as well. Not as bad as Christina’s. 

And then, I can’t see any charisma in her. Like Whitney was captivating, so is Britney, Janis, Courtney, Shakira etc. She doesn’t have “it” and I really don’t think she would have been known today if it wasn’t that it was known that she knew Britney from childhood and because she was so jealous of her so the media could get juicy slandering from her about Britney. And her songs suck. Really. As a music lover and very sensitive to music I appreciate most genres, but Christina’s “songs” lack a soul. They are just written to tell about literal, trivial things and they are designed so she can scream-wail up and down with her ugly voice that sounds like a hedgehog roadkill.

Someone who does not have the greatest voice ever but still is a super star is Shakira. She evokes emotions, she is charismatic, she is unique, she has “it”. 

Awkward Mean Girls GIF

My boyfriend only listens to 50s through 70s music mostly (yeah, he is an old man in a younger adults body) and the voices he hates most out of the pop girls I have played are Christina Aguilera and Geri Halliwell. Lol I really don't like Leona Lewis' voice tbh. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I think I agree with you. Britney is a better performer without a doubt, but The Grammy's is a music awards show. When it comes to raw musical talent, Christina is better.

1. Music award’s show, not a talent show with judges judging ”talent”

2. Britney is lightyears more talented than Christina. Music is, as many of us Have pointed out, not about screaming the loudest. It is about How good the songs are, how moving the music and performance is (most important!), how unique someone/a band is. It isn’t an audition for the school choir. 

• Like 1

hahahah How brave to create this topic in a Britney forum. Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Im fan of both, and i think "Christina Aguilera" have more quality and i like more (all the songs) but its my personal opinion and yes Christina its more a "grammys artist".

In Britney was better the visuals.

But its only and Award, who cares.

Was too much worst in Britney case not won a VMAS until 2008, i mean im not sure if in the begining of the 00's the VMAS was selected by they or by the fans in internet but... Britney was the video artist. Baby, Sometimes, Oops, Stronger, Slave (the winner was Get The Party Started) and Toxic (Naughty Girl was the winner... What?) deserved a VMAS.

Another thing its in the 2000 VMAS, in the video of the year category all the singers were Males...:

5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

My boyfriend only listens to 50s through 70s music mostly (yeah, he is an old man in a younger adults body) and the voices he hates most out of the pop girls I have played are Christina Aguilera and Geri Halliwell. Lol I really don't like Leona Lewis' voice tbh. 

Yes! I hate her voice! It is hideous!! Not that I have enjoyed watching her perform or seeing her videos either, would never watch her perform/scream live and I left the room or switched the channel when any of her songs came on on MTV. I seriously doubt that anyone who says Christina is a “talented singer” has a musical ear. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Newrie said:

Yes! I hate her voice! It is hideous!! Not that I have enjoyed watching her perform or seeing her videos either, would never watch her perform/scream live and I left the room or switched the channel when any of her songs came on on MTV. I seriously doubt that anyone who says Christina is a “talented singer” has a musical ear. 

I like Christina in most songs, I just think she has bad musical taste lol She needs to let other people steer her a little. 

6 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

Thank God Britney didnt receive the BNA award. A lot of one hit wonders got it and where are they now? This award almost always works like a curse. When you think that Megahn Trainor got it and her relevance nowadays is zero, none, nada, niente, rien, ничего, 何もない, 아무것도.... :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

okay but y’all sleep on some of Meghan bops :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, descg said:

hahahah How brave to create this topic in a Britney forum. Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Im fan of both, and i think "Christina Aguilera" have more quality and i like more (all the songs) but its my personal opinion and yes Christina its more a "grammys artist".

In Britney was better the visuals.

But its only and Award, who cares.

Was too much worst in Britney case not won a VMAS until 2008, i mean im not sure if in the begining of the 00's the VMAS was selected by they or by the fans in internet but... Britney was the video artist. Baby, Sometimes, Oops, Stronger, Slave (the winner was Get The Party Started) and Toxic (Naughty Girl was the winner... What?) deserved a VMAS.

Another thing its in the 2000 VMAS, in the video of the year category all the singers were Males...:

No, you are wrong. Objectively. 
this artist is a mega star 👇Britney live Sometimes This voice is actually gold because her tone is so unique. No one sings like Britney. That is exactly what a singer need. Dolly Parton also has a unique voice and so did Janis Joplin and Whitney Houston. It is just not about “the visual”, it is everything! 

Compare with this lack of charisma and ear-torture; 👇

Genie in a bottle live

This voice is NOT better than Britney’s. And as an “artist” she looks like a local “talent” on a mall from the local high school, one of those that dream but lack the charisma and also the ability to move people’s feelings with music. She tries really hard but she radiates nothing. Sorry.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

I like Christina in most songs, I just think she has bad musical taste lol She needs to let other people steer her a little. 

U can say whatever about Xtina, but not that she has bad musical taste...

And she likes some cool people before others like: Le Tigre, Ladytron, M.I.A., Nicki Minaj, Sia, Rosalia, etc.