Jump to content

Cardi B's "Up" barely misses Hot 100 No.1, debuts at No. 2


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that anything with Chris Brown is charting in 2021. 

To go from Lauryn Hill to Cardi B 

I don't really like any of these new artists, but at least I'm glad more female artists seem to be dominating the top spots after they've been out of it for a while 

Posted Images

  • Exhale+
58 minutes ago, popprison said:

Video has a lot of views on youtube like 44 million already. I think those might count as streams

Not to sound like “that” but for a song that is debuting at #2, you expect much more views like over 60 or 70+ million :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not to sound like “that” but for a song that is debuting at #2, you expect much more views like over 60 or 70+ million :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

The YouTube views have been significantly lower for a lot of the recent songs. I'm pretty sure there has been a rule change.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not to sound like “that” but for a song that is debuting at #2, you expect much more views like over 60 or 70+ million :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

The song is a banger but its nothing new from Cardi. IDK why u are hating on this song and its success so bad though :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Aren’t you the only fan on here that bought Smile :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

You should prolly worry bout that :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

*~Living Legend You Can Look But Don't Touch :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:~*

Link to post
  • Exhale+

Still earns her the hot shot debut, which is probably a record for female rap, And unlike Nicki. I've noticed Cardi never free falls, she lingers on the charts. 

 

You don't hear cardi going 40 to 50 spots down like Nicki got accustomed to. 

  • Haha 2

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
19 hours ago, Invitation said:

After a week of tracking, Cardi B's latest single debuts at No. 2 in the tightest No.1 race so far in 2021. However, it still poses a very impressive record - "Up" is the highest debuting solo track by a female rapper on the Hot 100 this century, since Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)".EuX7XjEXEAcLFOS.thumb.jpg.fa92c83ad67f756c31edee2e9bc2be61.jpg

"Up" tops the Streaming Songs Chart (31.2 million streams) and Digital Song Sales Chart (34k sold + 3k physical copies). However, it's radio airplays and @Style.'s prayer that count the most.

Olivia Rodrigo's "drivers license" is staying strong at No.1 for the 5th week.

The Top 10 songs this week are:

1. drivers license, Olivia Rodrigo

2. Up, Cardi B

3. Blinding Lights, The Weeknd

4. Save Your Tears, The Weeknd

5. Mood, 24kGoldn feat. iann dior

6. 34+35, Ariana Grande

7. Go Crazy, Chris Brown & Young Thug

8. Levitating, Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby

9. positions, Ariana Grande

10. What You Know Bout Love, Pop Smoke

Next week's No.1 will again be a battle between Olivia, Cardi B, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande (+ Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion).

:trash_throw_away_recycle:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
48 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Still earns her the hot shot debut, which is probably a record for female rap, And unlike Nicki. I've noticed Cardi never free falls, she lingers on the charts. 

 

You don't hear cardi going 40 to 50 spots down like Nicki got accustomed to. 

I respect her for being grateful about a #2 when some people like Bieber would say #2 debut is for losers.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I respect her for being grateful about a #2 when some people like Bieber would say #2 debut is for losers.

I think people need to accept the fact Cardi is here to stay, she has her fan base, and invasion of privacy is the biggest female rap album in the streaming era.  

 

Hell, even nicki's cried about debuting at #2. 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think people need to accept the fact Cardi is here to stay, she has her fan base, and invasion of privacy is the biggest female rap album in the streaming era.  

 

Hell, even nicki's cried about debuting at #2. 

Did Nicki though?

I don’t remember she did. 
I think the fact That Cardi doesn’t release a lot of songs and features gives people anticipation. And her visuals are really solid, even since Bodak Yellow.

Link to post
  • Exhale+
10 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Did Nicki though?

I don’t remember she did. 
I think the fact That Cardi doesn’t release a lot of songs and features gives people anticipation. And her visuals are really solid, even since Bodak Yellow.

She cried when queen debuted at #2, went after Travis's daughter Stormie. 

 

Yiu forgot the queen fiasco 

  • Haha 2

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
  • Exhale+
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

The song is a banger but its nothing new from Cardi. IDK why u are hating on this song and its success so bad though :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Aren’t you the only fan on here that bought Smile :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

You should prolly worry bout that :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Is there a problem in hating songs gettin positions they dont deserve because of streaming and second of all, I never even bought the SMILE album and yr coming for me? Gurl bye :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

  • Haha 3

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Is there a problem in hating songs gettin positions they dont deserve because of streaming and second of all, I never even bought the SMILE album and yr coming for me? Gurl bye :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

What? You didn’t even buy it after all the work to hype Katy up?:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Link to post
On 2/17/2021 at 10:24 AM, Invitation said:

The YouTube views have been significantly lower for a lot of the recent songs. I'm pretty sure there has been a rule change.

Youtube isn't as popular as it was a few years ago since spotify is more mainstream now

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block