How did you interpret Britney shaving her head at the time and has your opinion changed?

I think I was 7/8 at the time, so I didn't fully grasp what was going on. I remember constantly seeing her on the news. Although I never really thought she was "crazy", but I remember feeling the sense that this woman is in some sort of distress and needed help. It sucks looking back because if I could've felt that as a child, why couldn't the media see that as well?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At that time, Britney was dying her hair/adding extensions/taking them back off multiple times a week.    I thought she shaved it to ‘start again’ as her hair was extremely damaged (It honestly

I was like naaaa no way  then, omg she did it  And then  then  then... leave her alone idiots     I WAS SCARED (not for the actual shave her hair thing, more about she need

The world was watching her through a lens and judging her every thought. Having the train of thought of shaving your head as something done for liberation must've seemed like something no one would un

It was a way of killing Britney Spears the Brand. Britney Spears the Brand was perfect, no blemishes, and had the perfect appearance, always to be tidy and with make up on.

Britney the human was hurting, was feeling suffocated, was being ignored, mocked, was being denied her artistry, her voice and was not perfect in any means - especially appearance wise - so the brand had to go.

Maybe that's why I was excited about the Gimme More concept of Dark Haired Britney murdering Blonde Britney

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I knew from the start that she wanted to destroy the Britney Spears brand because Britney's children were being taken away. She wanted to harm everyone who makes money with her. I think she knew exactly what she was doing and why. it was their form of rebellion. Surely their greedy people were shocked.

• Love 1

Obviously i knew she was going through something emotionally/mentally but i didn't think she was CRAZY like the media was trying to make her out to be. i figured she needed to do something drastic, something to change her life at the moment and try and relieve some sort of trauma.

In August last year, the Jack Black actor shaved his own head and posted this video on Instagram. People were very supportive of this, wrote him kind comments. But some of course wrote about Britney Spears and did it in an offensive manner. I liked only one comment, in which a person wrote that for some reason when Britney shaved bald, everyone began to call her crazy, and other people can shave and for them it is normal. These are the double standards.

• Love 2

I was 10. I remember seeing it on TV and of course I was shocked (because I've loved her since I was little) but couldn't understand what was going on.

I don't remember ever making fun of it. 

But I understand people who did and feel sorry about it now. 

Well, thanks to cship I guess we don't know what was she really going through. They never let her explain or write that mystery book she said she WANTS to write one day. Yes there was For The Record, but I think it was too early for her to tell her story. 2021, maybe?...

• Love 2

I was 17 with a son only a couple months younger than jj... I remember coming home and my brother in law racing down the stairs as fast as he could with a huge smile on his face to tell me britney was bald

I think I was in disbelief at first and then a bit shocked

I didn't understand it. I thought she needed help. I felt so sad for her. Never thought she was crazy but almost everyone I knew did

Looking back, I believe the drug story, to a certain degree. I think it was also a bit of a **** you to everyone too

• Exhale+
7 hours ago, Goten21 said:

I was with my brother and sister (who were in their 20s at the time). My brother said he'd want to name his daughter Britney, and I said will you shave her head too when she reaches her 30s?

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I was 18 and I decided I'm not gonna collect clippings from magazines or newspapers about this (I have a scrapbook). I bought a old magazine 3 years ago her there is pics shaving her head ,it was something that toke me years to process without feeling guilty for having pics of that moment LOL.

:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

I was 17 the time and thought it was a really bad *** way to flip off all of her critics, which I guess it was. She was taking ownership of her image and her body, which I love. I never really interpreted it as a sign of mental illness and even if it was (which Britney herself denies),  the narrative that she was insane and the resulting mockery of it, which continues today, was disgusting.

I honestly thought it was no big deal, just a hair style.I still think it's no big deal.The media loves to blow everything out of proportion when it comes to Britney to keep up with their "crazy" narrative.Like the time she was photographed barefoot leaving court because her feet were prob. killing her being in heels all day.Also,when she couldn't remember what car she arrived in, which was perfectly logical, given that her bodyguards usually drive her around and paps were hounding her.The comment section was filled with statements about how Britney snapped and Britney is going off the rails again.

• Like 1

I found out on the internet, i was 16 not sure if it was Breatheheavy or Hey Britney forum. I was shocked but i thought she was angry at the family and team/record company and wanted to sabotage her image. As I recall, she had pressure to finish an album in a certain period of time and i think she just wanted to quit her career.

i had just turned 6 so i don't remember her shaving her head but i DO remember the umbrella incident. that is the very first pop culture moment i can recall. i don't think i had any specific thoughts on it (because i was 6 lol) i think i was just like "oh okay" because it was just on tv in the background

She was a mother of 2 who was shaving her hair in front of dozens of cameras, and the world, she had totally snapped! Not criticizing Britney, but it was obviously a sign that she had had it. 

Years later, I retain the same opinion, but with some changes! I think that she was also in rebellion mode, as well as wanted to take a break from her career, at the time!

I thought she was doing it to change her image. The way she was looking at the window, went after paparazzi. I took it as a big "eff you". Then, when we saw her with her mom and the blond wig, I saw the change in her demeanor. I think what her mom thinks about her rules her perception of herself. So, Britney is isolated and alone, her mother doesn't brag on her on social media as much as she used to - I bet this affects her self-esteem. 

ugh i remember it vividly.....

I was 11 or 12 and would wake up before school every day to feast my eyes on TMZ & X17's videos of her. There was literally new news/pics of her almost every day.

When I saw the head shaving pics, I honestly thought it was fake. Remember when there'd be crazy tabloids about celebrities like, "MICHAEL JACKSON MARRIES PET MONKEY"

When I realized it was true, I thought it made her pretty bad***.

I think she looks beautiful in those pics, they are so powerful. 

I was in high school and I can honestly say that I didn’t think she was crazy because of it but I moreso thought she was in a bad place mentally. I definitely got the shock factor though since her hair was such a big part of her image, I understood why people were so shocked. She looked really relieved when she shaved it off too in the barbershop pics.

It was like a Hollywood mystery moment.

• Like 1