Jump to content

Olivia Rodrigo spends a second week at #1 in the UK


Recommended Posts

Update:

Second week at Number 1 in the UK!

 

Previous:

Rising star Olivia Rodrigo has officially arrived as Drivers License lands straight in at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart with record-breaking streaming numbers, the Official Charts Company can confirm.

Billed as the singer, songwriter, and actor’s debut original single, Drivers License enters at the summit with an impressive 95,000 chart sales, including 10.9 million streams across the week.

According to Official Charts Company data, the track sets an all-new Official Chart record, as it surpasses Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You to claim the UK’s highest number of streams ever in a single day for a non-Christmas song.

Drivers License racked up almost 2.407m streams in 24 hours on Tuesday 12 January. Shape of You previously held the 24-hour record in 2017 with 2.274m streams.

Meanwhile, last week’s Number 1, Little Mix’s Sweet Melody, drops to 2, and Ed Sheeran’s Afterglow slips a place to 3.

Source: Official Charts Company

I'm not familiar with her but fair play to her!

olivia-rodrigo-drivers-license-official-number-1-single-award.jpg.b281a941c6de60e742d684f246d4e76b.jpg

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gangnam Style, Old Town Road, Mambo N. 5, Macarena have entered the chat

I'm sorry, but who grew up with her? I'm 18 and I'd never heard of her until a few days ago.

The fact that nobody aside from her teenage stans even knew who she was 2 weeks ago and now suddenly she's storming the charts. I guess the check cleared. 

Posted Images

Thanks to Taylor Swift I bet. I mean, if Taylor didn't acknowledge her and didn't praise her, I doubt she would have gotten this much streams. She still would have gotten a lot but probably a bit fewer.

I mean an upcoming star getting praise from an A-list celeb with 2 #1 albums in 1 year MUST affect your career in a positive way.

I saw Swifties throwing streaming and buying parties on social media. They really have her back and I can yell you...Swifties aren't to be messed with lol.

As to me personally...I don't get the big hype about the song. It's definitely not bad but certainely not groundbreaking or anything to top Ed Sheeran's record.

However, I am curious to see how her career will develop and if she manages to achieve big things after this single.

  • Love 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
44 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Thanks to Taylor Swift I bet. I mean, if Taylor didn't acknowledge her and didn't praise her, I doubt she would have gotten this much streams. She still would have gotten a lot but probably a bit fewer.

 

the song is big on tiktok tho so ig that was a bigger impact

 

39 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

but if you were born some years after him, we grew up with her on Disney channel.

d-did we?:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

do i have to revoke my gen z card

  • Haha 3
Link to post
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Rising star Olivia Rodrigo has officially arrived as Drivers License lands straight in at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart with record-breaking streaming numbers, the Official Charts Company can confirm.

Billed as the singer, songwriter, and actor’s debut original single, Drivers License enters at the summit with an impressive 95,000 chart sales, including 10.9 million streams across the week.

According to Official Charts Company data, the track sets an all-new Official Chart record, as it surpasses Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You to claim the UK’s highest number of streams ever in a single day for a non-Christmas song.

Drivers License racked up almost 2.407m streams in 24 hours on Tuesday 12 January. Shape of You previously held the 24-hour record in 2017 with 2.274m streams.

Meanwhile, last week’s Number 1, Little Mix’s Sweet Melody, drops to 2, and Ed Sheeran’s Afterglow slips a place to 3.

Source: Official Charts Company

I'm not familiar with her but fair play to her!

olivia-rodrigo-drivers-license-official-number-1-single-award.jpg.b281a941c6de60e742d684f246d4e76b.jpg

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

  • Love 4
Link to post
  • Exhale+
3 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I find it funny how Jordan keeps writing about how surprised he is about her success, but if you were born some years after him, we grew up with her on Disney channel. Also the High School Musical show is huge. She has had the platform to be a star but waited until she was almost 18. 

:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: I'm sorry, but who grew up with her? I'm 18 and I'd never heard of her until a few days ago.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like 2

🌟They flicker, flicker, flicker, but they ain't gonna shine like us 🌟

Link to post
  • Exhale+

She was on Bizzardvarrk and on Disney + High school musical the Series..

 

She was gonna be huge. 

 

Apparently this is about sabrina carpenter and her HSM The TV show co star and catching them in the act

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: I'm sorry, but who grew up with her? I'm 18 and I'd never heard of her until a few days ago.

I'm under 15 and I've also never heard of her. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Maybe it's just me but I've never heard of this girl or this "hit song" in my life. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm under 15 and I've also never heard of her. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Maybe it's just me but I've never heard of this girl or this "hit song" in my life. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I don't know why but this whole time I thought you were like 18 or something. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: Nice to see a fellow Self Titled stan that also likes Sailor Moon and is from Gen Z though. :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

But yeah, she's not that famous and the song is mediocre at best. I tried listening to it yesterday and I could only get about 30 seconds in before the cringe became too much. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

  • Love 1
  • Like 2

🌟They flicker, flicker, flicker, but they ain't gonna shine like us 🌟

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block