Jump to content

Lawyers for Britney seems...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: Lawyers for Britney seems to have deactivated their twitter account.  Hmmm....wonder why...  Let's always keep asking questions.  Asking questions politely is not attacking or taking sides.  I

Can someone ban LawyersForBritney's account on here already?    They are obviously not "FOR" Britney, but for Jamie... or at least change their account names to "LawyersForJamie"...  Be

I'm sorry but LFB really seem to be exposing themselves so much lately...something just does not sit right with me at all with all their actions as of late.

7 hours ago, halfdressed said:

Even if you don’t agree with anything they do, they blatantly said they support Britney and want her free of the conservatorship, haven’t they? I never paid attention to any of the accounts until the drama started and I read there PSA and I wasn’t getting conservatorship support vibes from it. Maybe I’m lacking factual information…

If you read their instagram and twitter posts their main focus is on removing Jamie. Otherwise, they are suuuuuuper wishy washy about removing the conservatorship. That is suspicious. As lawyers they should know that a probate conservatorship for someone as young as Britney makes no sense

  • Love 8
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Super Administrators
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

because on court documents Sam Ingham said that the conservatorship was voluntary, though Britney had the freedom to terminate it in the future. They're not randomly "bringing up ideas".

Whether that's true or not, that's how it's being played on court, legally speaking, since Sam Ingham started to act like an actual lawyer last year.

 

I'm not saying that's right, even before this document was public, I had said many times in the past that even if at this point Britney is convinced she needs the conservatorship, or she's ok with it, it still doesn't make  it ok, because conservatorships aren't for that use, at least not for someone with Britney's capabilities. And I'm not defending Lawyersofbritney because I don't care about them, but ever since the drama started people have been acting as if this idea of Britney agreeing with the conservatoship once Jamie is gone comes out of nowhere, when it's literally there in one of the first documents that leaked last year.

If we're not going to believe that, then we shouldn't believe anything else that Ingham has said, like she wanting to remove her father, or her supporting the FreeBritney movement and the fans being informed of the process.

 

 

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

It's totally fair to wonder that maybe Britney doesn't care about the conservatorship, rather she cares that her dad is in power. 

However, I agree with Pokie, in that at this point they need to be dissolved and a different solution in its place. One that doesn't legally strip her of her rights. The conservatorship has been abused and keeping it in place imo puts her at risk for someone else to step in and control things. 

  • Love 1
  • Like 4

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

because on court documents Sam Ingham said that the conservatorship was voluntary, though Britney had the freedom to terminate it in the future. They're not randomly "bringing up ideas".

Whether that's true or not, that's how it's being played on court, legally speaking, since Sam Ingham started to act like an actual lawyer last year.

 

I'm not saying that's right, even before this document was public, I had said many times in the past that even if at this point Britney is convinced she needs the conservatorship, or she's ok with it, it still doesn't make  it ok, because conservatorships aren't for that use, at least not for someone with Britney's capabilities. And I'm not defending Lawyersofbritney because I don't care about them, but ever since the drama started people have been acting as if this idea of Britney agreeing with the conservatoship once Jamie is gone comes out of nowhere, when it's literally there in one of the first documents that leaked last year.

If we're not going to believe that, then we shouldn't believe anything else that Ingham has said, like she wanting to remove her father, or her supporting the FreeBritney movement and the fans being informed of the process.

 

 

Yes but as you mentioned this all came from Ingham, the very lawyer that caused Britney to be considered incapable to choose her own attorney and get stuck in this legal hell. So we should take that 'voluntary' idea with a huge grain of salt.

That being said I don't believe we have to take an all or nothing approach with Ingham. That is not helpful either. When he is doing things to help Britney get out of the conservatorship let's support. When he's acting sketch or covering his own butt, let's question.

And I totally agree. Conservatorships are not appropriate for someone like Britney

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
6 hours ago, ElenaB said:

why are we so quick to attack someone just bc they asked a question that differs from the usual narrative?

maybe they asked it bc of what Sam said about it being “voluntary”, or maybe they are just genuinely asking because some fans only want to push their narrative when we don’t know for sure if she wants the cship to stay and just wants Jamie out.

I’m getting tired of this stan war tbh. I’m not team LOB or BG i think both parties helped the movement. I don’t think this post by them necessarily means they’re team con, and the sudden allegations from BG on NYE weren’t backed up with any proof. 

I'm not on either side either.  I am asking questions based on their specific tweets.  We have to ask why they are testing these theories on fans.  It makes you question their objectives.

And more importantly, it is very concerning for alleged lawyers  to say with any certainty that Britney signing a declaration while remaining in a conservatorship is any indication of her free will.  We all are better informed now and know that while a person is in a conservatorship they can easily be silenced and pressured.  It is very very odd to suggest Britney could sign such a declaration.

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, godneyjspears said:

I'm not saying I support LFB but..

I do think we have to acknowledge that there is a chance Britney would be happy to remain under a conservatorship under HER PREFERRED TERMS with no colons involved 

 

But that's the thing....as long as she remains in a conservatorship we will never know what she really wants or what makes her happy.  Conservators have to much power

  • Love 3
Link to post
41 minutes ago, Easy There said:

If anything I am starting to believe James when it comes to some claims against Sam.

Don't go that far.  James is a horrible drunk that needs to get away from Britney's finances.  Britney just needs a good team of accountants, not a conservatorship under her father or anyone

  • Love 2
Link to post
17 minutes ago, feo said:

given that we know how much control and power conservators have it is ridiculous that Lawyers for Britney suggests that Britney signing a declaration while under a conservatorship is any indication of her free will . She can still be pressured

For sure! But I don’t think that automatically means they aren’t supportive. I compare this largely to the political tragedy in our country right now in that the majority of people are decent. But we get caught up in the semantics and personal, objective opinions that everyone forgets to fight on the same side against the conservatorship PERIOD and begins fighting against each other. I think 99% of the people involved in the internet war against the conservatorship want Britney to be happy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+

I dont even think there is a such thing as a voluntary conservatorship thats an oxymoron. You can't just speak with a lawyer and put yourself in one. I think for the purpose of taking it step by step they are working to dismantle it piece by piece but ultimately I dont believe its what she truly wants. Of course I dont know her personally so I could be wrong but we do have evidence of how much she has tried to fight it in the past. 

 I get legally why they are doing it that way but I dont understand the need to continue to push that narrative as much as LFB have. So I also understand why people are questioning their motives. Tbh i think with everything going on we should just move forward taking what these account are saying with a grain of salt. Look to courts documents for facts. What these ig accounts are doing is all Circumstantial and scenario based.

  • Love 6

You'll never see it my way because you're not me -Britney 

Link to post
3 hours ago, Elvira_fr said:

I think they were only talking about the conservatorship of the state, not of the person. I would not find it strange if Britney wants a conservatorship of the state once she is free. I don't know if this can happen.

But if i am not mistaken, this would mean that she cannot be sued by a third party regarding her state and also if there are any problems with taxes it is not her responsibility. For example, i recall some soccer players were accused of tax evasion, even though they said their finances were managed by a third party. But they were brought to justice, had to testify, were sentenced by the judge. I think a conservatorship of the state could prevent that. But i am not 100% sure how it works in the US. I am only making assumptions.

There are other less restrictive ways of doing this. Most people set up trusts and put their assets under corporations.  Corporations have a veil that protects shareholders from being sued unless certain exceptions have been met.

And yes, they are talking about a conservatorship of the estate, but are you surprised?  That is Britney's millions.  Caching!  This conservatorship was fraudulent from the start suggesting it is not necessary.

  • Love 4
Link to post
29 minutes ago, STJ said:

Yall need to watch the movies, "Girl Interrupted", "Girl with the dragon tattoo" & "American Horror Story: Asylum" before saying anyone wants to be in a conservatorship...

 

As someone who has been held involuntarily at a mental institution before, I know how corrupted the judges and doctors are. All they want is bodies to fill up the bed so they can get $$. I was abused and forced to take medications against my will!

 

So I take this very personally, and I truly believe Britney and no one on this Earth would want to place themselves under a conservatorship where they can be forced to do anything at any time, including ***ual abuse, blackmails, threats etc. 

 

That's all I have to say regarding this matter, I hate you lawyersforjamie.

 

EXACTLY.  Sorry to hear about this horrible situation.  You are a strong person and I admire you.

If it's ok with you you should tell your story on twitter so groups like this don't make it seem like Britney will be totally free and dandy in a conservatorship.  Even if it is for the estate only she will never control her money like that.

  • Love 2
Link to post
24 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

It's totally fair to wonder that maybe Britney doesn't care about the conservatorship, rather she cares that her dad is in power. 

However, I agree with Pokie, in that at this point they need to be dissolved and a different solution in its place. One that doesn't legally strip her of her rights. The conservatorship has been abused and keeping it in place imo puts her at risk for someone else to step in and control things. 

But we can't think of all of this in a vacuum.  We have to consider that Britney is also a victim of terrible abuse for an extended amount of time (almost 13 years!).  Like any other victims/survivors she may think that a conservatorship is the only option.  Like victims of Stockholm syndrome.  She needs to have good and independent advisors to point her to other options, and maybe even try some of those other options.  But that can only happen once the conservatorship is dissolved and she has no undue influences and pressures. 

Once the conservatorship is dissolved completely we can actually have a much better idea of what Britney 'wants'.

And to echo what others have said, we know from Bryan Spears that Britney has always wanted out of the conservatorship.  And as fans we know Britney has always been fiercely independent.  It is highly doubtful she wants any conservatorship to continue in place.  Totally agree with you Jordan that at this point she is at risk of someone else stepping in and controlling/abusing her again.

  • Love 5
Link to post
11 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

For sure! But I don’t think that automatically means they aren’t supportive. I compare this largely to the political tragedy in our country right now in that the majority of people are decent. But we get caught up in the semantics and personal, objective opinions that everyone forgets to fight on the same side against the conservatorship PERIOD and begins fighting against each other. I think 99% of the people involved in the internet war against the conservatorship want Britney to be happy. 

I agree with you to the extent that LFB has been very helpful to the movement.  But I think we also have to consider how corrupt all these players on the conservatorship are, and based on their tweets alone LFB are starting to sound like they have some special interests in here.  They have even previously stated that the fraudulent conservatorship may have been a good thing to begin with.  That should be a huge red flag.  They seem very anti-Jamie, very pro Ingham/Jodi.

Just like Ingham we should use LFB's posts and work when they are serving Britney's freedom, but question them when they are working against it.

  • Love 7
Link to post
19 minutes ago, feo said:

I'm not on either side either.  I am asking questions based on their specific tweets.  We have to ask why they are testing these theories on fans.  It makes you question their objectives.

And more importantly, it is very concerning for alleged lawyers  to say with any certainty that Britney signing a declaration while remaining in a conservatorship is any indication of her free will.  We all are better informed now and know that while a person is in a conservatorship they can easily be silenced and pressured.  It is very very odd to suggest Britney could sign such a declaration.

they only asked what would us think if Britney signed a declaration, not that she already did. a couple of months ago we started discussing this on this forum, like what if she wants to stay this way and just remove James and we are wrong by thinking she wants out? Idk, i think we should stop assuming everyone is team con only bc they don’t repeat the same things over and over. this is starting to feel like a cult and i don’t like it.

Link to post
  • Super Administrators
5 minutes ago, feo said:

But we can't think of all of this in a vacuum.  We have to consider that Britney is also a victim of terrible abuse for an extended amount of time (almost 13 years!).  Like any other victims/survivors she may think that a conservatorship is the only option.  Like victims of Stockholm syndrome.  She needs to have good and independent advisors to point her to other options, and maybe even try some of those other options.  But that can only happen once the conservatorship is dissolved and she has no undue influences and pressures. 

Once the conservatorship is dissolved completely we can actually have a much better idea of what Britney 'wants'.

And to echo what others have said, we know from Bryan Spears that Britney has always wanted out of the conservatorship.  And as fans we know Britney has always been fiercely independent.  It is highly doubtful she wants any conservatorship to continue in place.  Totally agree with you Jordan that at this point she is at risk of someone else stepping in and controlling/abusing her again.

I hear you. You make a lot of valid points. I'd like to add this: LFB are going off court documents and nothing else (it appears). No where in court docs right now does it state she wants out of the conservatorship - the opposite - that it's voluntary. Now we don't know if that's what she really wants or not. It's just what is in court docs, so they're going off that. 🙏 

I just think it's important we don't shame someone/people for their point of view because it might differ with ours (generally speaking). I'm with you, I thin the cons. has been abused and it's time for a change, but I also understand others might have a different perspective and I respect that. Ultimately, it's my opinion LFB does care for Britney the person and that's why they're in this in the first place. They are not team con nor are they secretly on the other side. My two cents :-] 

  • Love 2
  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
14 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

they only asked what would us think if Britney signed a declaration, not that she already did. a couple of months ago we started discussing this on this forum, like what if she wants to stay this way and just remove James and we are wrong by thinking she wants out? Idk, i think we should stop assuming everyone is team con only bc they don’t repeat the same things over and over. this is starting to feel like a cult and i don’t like it.

See what I wrote to Jordan the second time above =).  That is where I am coming from

Link to post
  • Super Administrators
5 minutes ago, feo said:

I totally agree with you on not shaming others for different ideas.  The ONLY difference with Lawyers for Britney is that as they refer to themselves as lawyers I think we can hold them to a slightly different standard than a non-lawyer fan.  I say this as a lawyer myself.  Furthermore, until all their drama with the Britney Gram Girls (which I don't care about) LFB was the main 'legal' voice in the movement.  Because of their greater influence and legal experience I think we can and should hold them to a different standard.

I just find it extremely odd that any lawyer would say that a conservatee can sign a declaration and that is clear proof of their wishes.  Especially if that declaration is just so the conservatorship of the estate can stay in place (so where all the money is...hmmm.).  In my legal experience that is a big red flag.  Lawyers would only do or say such things when they are representing someone with special interests in the case.  Here it seems it might be someone that wants a conservatorship of the estate to remain in place. 

I just say keep asking questions (politely) so that we can understand things better.  There are a lot of players here with special interests.  We just have to make sure nobody is steering the discourse away from a Britney free from any conservatorships.

Maybe @lawyersforbritney can chime in here heh. 

I think it's worth mentioning I wrote a story for Medium about Britney's conservatorships and LFB helped me with some fact checking. In my article (which is the best thing I've ever written tbh), I clearly say the conservatorships need to go, and nowhere did they ever try and dispute that or change my mind. 

Hopefully fans don't drag me for collaborating with them on fact checking with my new article. There are SO many facts about what's gone down that I really was grateful they helped me clarify some things so that when I release the story, it's accurate. 

There were some things in my article that they basically said, 'well, that's not technically in any of the court docs,' so I ended up taking it out. An example was that I said Britney can't get married or have more kids. Because that's not in any court docs it was taken out. 

Hope that sheds some light on things. 

  • Love 2
  • Like 3

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post

Ok so I think Britney is being manipulated. We all know she was pictured with her father around Easter of last year. I believe they are making her believe that she cannot handle her life without a conservatorship handling her affairs. It's the fact that because she is who she is, she will always have all her bases covered if she wanted to without the need of a conservatorship. Other A-list celebrities have accountants, financial advisors, securities, drivers, etc and can still access their millions when they want to. Britney is not some frivolous spender when it comes to money so I'm not sure what they are afraid of. She's far from the person she was in 2007 and she's obviously learned her lesson from letting vultures in. The real vultures now are her father and lawyers who are pushing to keep this c-ship going. 

Anyway, LFB is workin' my nerve. 

  • Love 7
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block