Beyonce recorded 6 songs in one 40-hour long session for '4'

• Community Leader

Beyonce's recording engineer, DJ Swivel, says Beyonce was so focused on recording 4 at the time that she drank tons of energy drinks to stay focused - so much so that she would get sick - and recorded six songs in one session that lasted 40 hours.

We love a hard working queen :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

4 is also my fav Beyonce album so this was a gem to learn. 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

beyonce-4.jpg.4d44e51bdd0da3b7a9742b3074d5a9a8.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do understand that many appreciate her work ethic. She's hardworking female artist, she's a embodied definition of a machine. Yet this is so unnecessary to me. Like drinking many energy drinks for w

she cant produce a hit  does it really matter how many hours she spends recording her boring music? 

I’d be more impressed if she actually wrote a single word on any of those songs.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

I do understand that many appreciate her work ethic. She's hardworking female artist, she's a embodied definition of machine. Yet this is so unnecessary to me. Like drinking many energy drinks for what? This reminds me of student who have the whole semester to do their project, however, they usually do everything 5 ours before the given deadline. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

This. Especially with an artist like Beyonce, the pressure is off. I'd get it if you're new on the block and have to prove yourself to the label and the world but Beyonce could take yearssss and her label wouldn't push her because she's like one of the biggest artists out here...so why pressuring yourself? Like...it's really unhealthy and not something that should be promoted at all. 

Besides. 40h sessions are really badddd for the vocal chords....like treat your body better.

But yeah...cool I guess...

• Love 5
  • Community Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

I do understand that many appreciate her work ethic. She's hardworking female artist, she's a embodied definition of machine. Yet this is so unnecessary to me. Like drinking many energy drinks for what? This reminds me of student who have the whole semester to do their project, however, they usually do everything 5 ours before the given deadline. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

unless those 6 songs were included on the album, yeah, it seems a bit of an exaggeration. 

As you say, many people appreciate that. But I bet some others would also love to have someone like Britney who just goes, does her job and leaves, instead of making people wait at the studio until she finishes her appointments, have lunch, pick up the kids from school, etc. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Beyonce's recording engineer, DJ Swivel, says Beyonce was so focused on recording 4 at the time that she drank tons of energy drinks to stay focused - so much so that she would get sick - and recorded six songs in one session that lasted 40 hours.

We love a hard working queen :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

4 is also my fav Beyonce album so this was a gem to learn. 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

beyonce-4.jpg.4d44e51bdd0da3b7a9742b3074d5a9a8.jpg

I’m tired of this stories “She did the álbum in 16 days...”, “She recorded 6 songs in 40 hours...”, “She always sing live...”, “It was her belly, not a cushion...”.

Pretend Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 9

Is this a marketing scheme to reboot 4 ten years after its release since it is her least successful album?

it was a solid album but the 40 hours of recording is not humanly possible and sounds exaggerated af. But I guess that’s the goal; to show that Beyoncé is beyond human. 

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
17 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

at least she show up in the recording studio :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Ei11siEU4AIqoT8.jpg

you did not just shade Britney who is literally a legal modern slave :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: Like she even had a choice.

19 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

at least she show up in the recording studio :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Ei11siEU4AIqoT8.jpg

Oh please... I can’t with this photograph... Some of us sleep 8 hours and got a full time job. 6 hours per day plus the time we spend in the way, home duties and gym. And we do it six or even seven days per week. And all that with a basic salary, paying a rent, with no assistants...

So what are they waiting from us? To stand and clap???

This kind of popstars earn millions and spend the summer at The Hamptons... So if I had that luxury, I’d work a 40 hours session too...

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF