i am so exhausted with my anxiety. its becoming a daily battle. i go through things in my head again and again. i think im a bad person. i think im dangerous. all of theese thoughts i no are not true but i feel it. i cry almost every day. i have not left my house. i just want to feel better 

I know that feeling well and I know that choosing better, relieving thoughts about whole world really helps. It helps me with a lot of things like with being depressed because of remembering someone's death or with being nervous. I just think thoughts like ''Death is such a normal thing and it doesn't have to be sad'', ''I'm calm'', ''I'm confident'', ''I'm fine'', ''Everything is fine :)'' etc. It even helps me fall asleep when I'm thinking ''I'm sleeping, I'm sleeping (...)'' and I'm literally falling asleep in like two minutes because of it. Just thoughts that feel good and relieving to you. Your brain literally takes your every thought seriously so it literally should make u feel better. You'll believe it's true. And STOP overthinking because it cause depression. It's your body so you choose how to feel, you choose your thoughts. It is really that simple. 

I understand, it’s totally crippling when it takes over. 

It doesn’t always work but I do find that breathing exercises such as holding one side of your nose and inhaling & exhaling to the count of 4 really helpful sometimes. 

Sending you positive energy ❤️

• Love 1
  • Exhale+

While I studied psychology (it was my minor though) I learned an important thing about anxiety and most other states of mind - identification. The point where anxiety or depression become crippling is when we let this identify us. Once you start firmly repeating to yourself that you're anxious or depressed, it becomes a very strong part of your identity, and once it becomes a part of your identity, it is very hard to get rid off because our brain perceives this in the same way it perceives a characteristic of ours, or an emotion.

The first and most important step is for you to stop identifying with it, YOU ARE NOT IT. Yes you're anxious, but thats not the only thing you are. You're smart, you're brave, you're emotional, you're loveable etc. Google it, it will help, I promise :)

• Love 3
On 1/4/2021 at 3:04 AM, Britney-fan12332143 said:

i am so exhausted with my anxiety. its becoming a daily battle. i go through things in my head again and again. i think im a bad person. i think im dangerous. all of theese thoughts i no are not true but i feel it. i cry almost every day. i have not left my house. i just want to feel better 

Hey there!

It's not uncommon to be this situation, especially right now, with everything that is going on. Know you are not the only one. 

By saying you know that these negative thoughts are not true, means you are already half way to "feeling" better.

An important aspect of being happier is to know the difference between a “feeling” and a “thought”.  As well as, understanding that your feelings or thoughts do not define you. Right now, they are just trained reactions to the situation you find yourself in. 

Observing yourself isolated in your house, the mind feels compelled to narrate what it sees and feels. Therein lies the problem. Your mind adds its own narrative to everyday events which we accept as normal This narrative is often negative. Distorted. Feral. 

On top of that, you sound like you might be an empath (many of Britney's fans are). When you continue to think about the situation you find your self in, do you then let your feelings overwhelm you and cry because of the futility of it all? If yes, then you shouldn't. Of course that is easier said than done.

Try not to feel sorry for your self. Try not to think about the situation you are in. Instead, when you find yourself doing just that, imagine/think of yourself as a happier individual, using a memory or an imagined future, thus creating a positive feeling that you can latch onto. Build on that. Do it when ever you start to feel sad or think sad thoughts.

The fact that you have not left your house is only going to make things worse for you in the long run. If you can muster even the smallest bit of energy and do some exercise (inside or outside, stretching, walking whatever you can), you will be doing yourself a big favour. Exercise will make you feel better, which will help you manage your crying. And calm and focus the brain which will stop you over analysing.

Finally, have you ever tried cold water therapy or cold showers?  Sounds ridiculous, but in reality, it can really help, by putting your feelings in check. Wim Hof, a dutch extreme athlete noted for his ability to withstand freezing temperatures, discovered cold water therapy as a coping mechanism after his wife died (by suicide) leaving him behind with their 6 children to raise alone. In a way cold water therapy shock the body, and suicides your feelings  just enough so they don't overwhelm you.  I take a cold shower (you can try lukewarm or cool first if you cant deal with cold) when I am in a funk to awaken the spirt, and quell an insular over active mind. It really works. You will come out of your self.

You can do this. It's a lot easier than you think or feel.

Awwh, honey. I feel for you. Try your best to “live in the now”. The past and future are ONLY thoughts. All you really have is NOW. try mediation! Guided meditation is the best. I suggest the headspace app. 

Have you tried kratom (it’s natural)or 5-http amino acid? Has worked WONDERS for my depression and anxiety. 

You’ve gotta get out of your head! Keep yourself busy. Guided mediation will give you the skills. Just give it 5-10 minutes a day.

One more piece of advice: simply let thoughts and negative emotions “pass by” you don’t have to attach yourself to them and start thinking about them.  Just let me go and live in the now.

so much love sent your way. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

Awwh, honey. I feel for you. Try your best to “live in the now”. The past and future are ONLY thoughts. All you really have is NOW. try mediation! Guided meditation is the best. I suggest the headspace app. 

Have you tried kratom (it’s natural)or 5-http amino acid? Has worked WONDERS for my depression and anxiety. 

You’ve gotta get out of your head! Keep yourself busy. Guided mediation will give you the skills. Just give it 5-10 minutes a day.

One more piece of advice: simply let thoughts and negative emotions “pass by” you don’t have to attach yourself to them and start thinking about them.  Just let me go and live in the now.

so much love sent your way. 

I have never heard of kratom. I read it is from a plant/tree in the coffee family. How do you prepare it? An infusion of pure raw cocoa power and fresh mint leaves also works wonders to enliven the spirit (smell is a great awakener).

About meditation, don't you find that if you are being insular and isolated, alone, living inside yourself, in your head a lot. Certain kinds of meditation only further lock you in. If you can find a way to come out of yourself, by interacting with people, or nature, or perhaps a good one is to laugh or sing, it can create a way to release what is keeping you inside yourself.

Meditation (and yoga) is a great tool to use daily in the craziness of the world, but in the quiet isolation of nothing but you and yourself, it might be better to include humming, singing or chanting i.e mantra type of meditation (along with some yoga e.g. Hatha) to get you going.To get you out into the open.

A very wise (and successful) person gave me a great piece of advice once, it was along the lines of...."living in the now" works if you are actually living, but if you are doing nothing, then the now is only making you sadder. Get creative, get ***ual, get active, do something, anything at all, anything, and use what is inside, around you, available to you, to create your now. Then you will be really living in the now. Act. Don't react. was their mantra.