Britney Spears' "Blackout" to receive it's own book

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't wait for Britney Jean's book. There's a lot to write about. 

Per Wikipedia, 33 1/3 is a series of books in which each volume is written about a single music album. 33 1/3 has, up until recently, tended towards albums that are deemed unimpeachably classic,

Is it like a coffee table book detailing the history behind the album? If so that’s exciting in the event we’ll get more stories about an otherwise really mysterious era   but at the end of

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Easy There said:

I don't think this type if releases have anything to do with her team. As far as I understood this is completely independent and only rare and impactful albums get this treatment.

does this includes new material like outtakes and new interviews or...?

• Like 3

wow ******* awesome

11 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

does this includes new material like outtakes and new interviews or...?

I'd assume it's a book that talks about its influence and how it came to be. Also it's a book, I don't understand how that would contain an outtake xd

• Like 2
  • Super Moderators

hmm, I'm seeing lots of mixed reviews from other releases of this series on Amazon. Mostly bad reviews. Apparently the author is very subjective, and not so professional, but I guess yay for giving Britney some recognition.

• Like 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

4 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

wow ******* awesome

I'd assume it's a book that talks about its influence and how it came to be. Also it's a book, I don't understand how that would contain an outtake xd

I mean I thought it had magazine-like paper and it could print some photos, but yeah, I guess not.

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

hmm, I'm seeing lots of mixed reviews from other releases of this series on Amazon. Mostly bad reviews. Apparently the author is very subjective, and not so professional, but I guess yay for giving Britney some recognition.

It seems like there's already ~150 books in the series and each of them have their own author who's artist/music critic/analyzer, so I'm interested who's writing this book. Blackout is definitely piece of pop culture history and I've saw a lot of music critics praising it even now over decade later.  :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

• Love 9
1 minute ago, CJMCH said:

I mean I thought it had magazine-like paper and it could print some photos, but yeah, I guess not.

sorry I thought you meant a song outtake. Probably won't contain anything of the sorts though

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Not a good sign. Let me look this book series up. 

One person said of the Neil Young book, "I really liked this one. The 33 1/3 series can be hit or miss but this is one I liked a lot. Had a lot of interesting info and insights into Young at the time, the album and the recording."

Sooo I'm not too sure based on that and what @PokemonSpearssaid of the reviews. :nopingout_meme:

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

It seems like there's already ~150 books in the series and each of them have their own author who's artist/music critic/analyzer, so I'm interested who's writing this book. Blackout is definitely piece of pop culture history and I've saw a lot of music critics praising it even now over decade later.  :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Poke is pressed bc Brianna Juanes wasnt even considered for it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Buffybot said:

The writer for Blackout. I hope she focus on the positive, not the perspective of Britney being a label puppet or whatever.

Since she mentioned Free Britney, maybe she'll be more sympathetic.

I hope it includes more about the making of the music. Everything about Blackout always tends to focus on Britney’s personal life at the time

• Love 2
  • Like 5
  • Exhale+

OMG YES! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: I think she is one of the only few pop artist whom is getting such treatment and respect and we are loving to see it :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I wished In The Zone was covered as well, since it is as influential as Blackout in todays pop scene, they are basically sibling albums. Regardless, I am super happy and cannot wait! Hopefully a PDF of it comes out since I cant buy the book :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

OMG YES! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: I think she is one of the only few pop artist whom is getting such treatment and respect and we are loving to see it :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I wished In The Zone was covered as well, since it is as influential as Blackout in todays pop scene, they are basically sibling albums. Regardless, I am super happy and cannot wait! Hopefully a PDF of it comes out since I cant buy the book :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I agree! Out of Britney's entire catalog, those are the two albums that I would be most interested in the details of how they were made :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

• Love 5