Jump to content

Was 'Blackout' too overproduced and one-dimensional?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jordan lock this thread and throw it in the trash with 2020. How dare anyone question Blackouts amazingness. 

Chileee... can someone lock and delete this thread?? Blasphemy 

Blackout is flawless sonically and artistically. The discarded demos, some of which could have made the album, are perfectly fine in their obscurity, and only add to the mystery, lore, and brilliance 

People only like this album because it was released in 2007. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Imagine having the audacity to think In The Zone, Britney (2001), and Oops!...I Did It Again are inferior to this album when they are the three greatest pop albums of all time while Blackout doesn't even make the top 1000. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

People only like this album because it was released in 2007. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Imagine having the audacity to think In The Zone, Britney (2001), and Oops!...I Did It Again are inferior to this album when they are the three greatest pop albums of all time while Blackout doesn't even make the top 1000. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

People like it because yes, while it was perfect for 2007 it's a bigger story than just that.  It's the only album that she did her way and her way only.  It's pure Britney, *****!  It absolutely slayed and she did that with no pushing, guiding, encouraging or forcing particular tracks or a sound on her.  Her most personal album, which isn't said enough.

 Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

  • Love 5
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

People only like this album because it was released in 2007. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

So whats so special about 2007 :clown_meme__makeup_green:

6 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Imagine having the audacity to think In The Zone, Britney (2001), and Oops!...I Did It Again are inferior to this album when they are the three greatest pop albums of all time while Blackout doesn't even make the top 1000. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

In The Zone i understand why one would feel is better to Blackout, but Britney and O!...IDIA? No :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Its an opinion to find these albums better than Blackout but subjectively, critics praise Blackout as her best record and we commonly see Britney and OIDIA very low in their list as well :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

How funny of you to say it isnt worthy enough to be in the top 1000 of best albums when it was named as the 446th greatest album of all time :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

  • Like 2

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Deepheat01Deepheat01 said:

Her most personal album, which isn't said enough.

 Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

That is In The Zone, we been knew. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I didn't know songs about partying are more personal than songs about trying to move on from the hurt of a lover while also apologizing to them for the hurt they caused them. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

In The Zone's songs about partying and dancing are sophisticated, too. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
  • Exhale+
3 minutes ago, Deepheat01Deepheat01 said:

People like it because yes, while it was perfect for 2007 it's a bigger story than just that.  It's the only album that she did her way and her way only.  It's pure Britney, *****!  It absolutely slayed and she did that with no pushing, guiding, encouraging or forcing particular tracks or a sound on her.  Her most personal album, which isn't said enough.

 Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

Oops!...You Spilled It Again :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

  • Love 1

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

In The Zone i understand why one would feel is better to Blackout, but Britney and O!...IDIA? No :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Its an opinion to find these albums better than Blackout but subjectively, critics praise Blackout as her best record and we commonly see Britney and OIDIA very low in their list as well :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

 

I didn't know you were a critic, Oops!...I Did It Again is her most critically acclaimed album so receipts? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Link to post
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

So whats so special about 2007 :clown_meme__makeup_green:

13 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It's the illusion of being like "Oh my god, she released this album in 2007, your faves could never!". People had low expectations so when delivered a decent album it was praised by the fandom as her best. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

@GODNEY IS A QUEEN and @Lemon_Drop can explain this phenomena better. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Link to post
  • Exhale+

Honestly, Britney was always artistically progressing from her first album till Blackout. Each album was better than one another and In The Zone and Blackout were the artistic pinnacles of Britney's career but it would have been great if Britney took 1-year off for herself and came back with a record that could have been her own Ray of Light but we instead got Circus (its an amazing album, its extremely great and well produced but it isnt better than Blackout or an artistic venture for Britney lol), Femme Fatale and Trashna Jeanulupus :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

  • Like 1

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

In The Zone i understand why one would feel is better to Blackout, but Britney and O!...IDIA? No :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Its an opinion to find these albums better than Blackout but subjectively, critics praise Blackout as her best record and we commonly see Britney and OIDIA very low in their list as well :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

 

Critics praise Oops!...I Did It Again as her best album, Metacritic don't lie. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

What even is special about Blackout? No versatility, sounds exactly like 2006's pop music minus R&B influences during that time, lyricism is average, the only thing it has going for it is that it's cohesive. Oops!...I Did It Again is cleverly though-out with call backs to tracks on the album, references to her debut album, cohesive, versatile, catchy lyrics, and the perfect fusion of R&B, Rock 'N' Roll, and Pop. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I didn't know you were a critic, Oops!...I Did It Again is her most critically acclaimed album so receipts? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

https://www.pulp-usu.com/pulp-ranked/2019/10/14/pulp-ranked-britney-spears-albums

This is just one example out of the 10s and 100s of reviews that have named Blackout her best album over OIDIA and Britney :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

How funny of you to say it isnt worthy enough to be in the top 1000 of best albums when it was named as the 446th greatest album of all time :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

By a list which is infamous for its stereotypical rankings and a list which was highly scrutinized by Britney fans. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

t's the illusion of being like "Oh my god, she released this album in 2007, your faves could never!". People had low expectations so when delivered a decent album it was praised by the fandom as her best. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I totally understand. But no :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Britney had come back with an extremely delicious dance-pop record that went on to influence pop music to this day and it definetley was something very different from Britneys discography :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Funny because Oops!...I Did It Again still is an overall more critically acclaimed album. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Both were released in different times of her careers :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

OIDIA came out when it was still fine to like her music and was at the height of teen-pop, so critics decided to listen to the music and actually judge it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Blackout didnt have that privilege, because it came out at a time when you would be shamed for being a fan of hers and wasnt cool to like anything she did :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Honestly, Britney was always artistically progressing from her first album till Blackout. Each album was better than one another and In The Zone and Blackout were the artistic pinnacles of Britney's career but it would have been great if Britney took 1-year off for herself and came back with a record that could have been her own Ray of Light but we instead got Circus (its an amazing album, its extremely great and well produced but it isnt better than Blackout or an artistic venture for Britney lol), Femme Fatale and Trashna Jeanulupus :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Oops!...I Did It Again IS her own version of Ray of Light but it's masqueraded behind all the Rock 'N' Roll chord progressions, teen-pop lyrics and R&B-fusion, lies songs about vulnerability and mental health. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Both were released in different times of her careers :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

OIDIA came out when it was still fine to like her music and was at the height of teen-pop, so critics decided to listen to the music and actually judge it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Blackout didnt have that privilege, because it came out at a time when you would be shamed for being a fan of hers and wasnt cool to like anything she did :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Girl, multiple people will explain to you how Britney was NEVER respected during her career by most critics, critics disliked Britney in 2000 too. She was disliked much more in 2007 but talking about that makes no sense. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Also, you'd think that now that it's cool to like Blackout and there are so many reviews parading it as her album that it would receive that score? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

  • Love 1
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Both were released in different times of her careers :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

OIDIA came out when it was still fine to like her music and was at the height of teen-pop, so critics decided to listen to the music and actually judge it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Blackout didnt have that privilege, because it came out at a time when you would be shamed for being a fan of hers and wasnt cool to like anything she did :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Also generalizing all criticism as only being because of 2007 is a generalization. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block