This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Circus' album in 2008 (November 28)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On November 28, 2008 Britney Spears released Circus, her sixth studio album, in several European countries. It was released in the United States on December 02 that year, on her birthday. Executive pr

Totally agree that Unusual You and Kill the Lights would have been great, and Radar felt like a letdown after the Womanizer and Circus videos where Britney seemed back in her prime. I also though

Posted Images

I love this album so much, I was so excited when it came out even if I had to wait a whole month until christmas to listen to it !! 

It was really a great album and then the tour, her best one imo. 

There was some things that were not perfect, like having only 4 singles (she could have done 6 I think), the radar video that could have been waaaaay better (it feels like it was designed for the clothes commercial). And we could have had amazing videos for unusual you, mannequin,... 

I also regret that the pictures are so much photoshopped, she looks just perfect in the making of video. (still waiting for the unphotoshopped pictures to leak).

But as a whole, I LOOOOOOVE this album and era. It was awesome !!! 

• Love 2
I'll never understand why her best tracks are always put on the deluxe editions or are hard to find, and I hate myself to like always these tracks over the standard version of the album. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I mean, HOW in the world they put "Trouble" and "Quicksand" in some random **** editions in some selected countries?... Ugh!. These two tracks are WAY better than "Mmm Papi" or "Radar" which don't even belongs here.. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

One of her most solid full body pieces of work!

I loved most of the songs expect Unusual You but it was a good filler. Quicksand should of replaced either Unusual You or MMM Papi.

Circus is STILL one of her best songs and her video for it was a true return to form!

GIF music video britney spears circus - animated GIF on GIFER

• Love 1

One of my dads fave Britney songs was Amnesia lol I learned to drive to this album and my dad would reference this song as being good/unique. He also liked brave new girl and I feel like they are actually kinda similar? 

my husbands fave Britney song is phonography. Circus causally making straight men bop. Both songs should’ve been on the standard edition. Quicksand and trouble also slaughtered. 

I remember in first year uni residence we booked the lounge to watch “for the record” ....what a time to be alive 

• Love 2