This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Circus' album in 2008 (November 28)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On November 28, 2008 Britney Spears released Circus, her sixth studio album, in several European countries. It was released in the United States on December 02 that year, on her birthday. Executive pr

Totally agree that Unusual You and Kill the Lights would have been great, and Radar felt like a letdown after the Womanizer and Circus videos where Britney seemed back in her prime. I also though

Posted Images

‘Unusual You’ is a personal favorite. 

‘Womanizer’ ‘Circus’, and ‘Kill The Lights’ are certified bops.

’Out From Under’ is gorgeous.

‘Blur’ and ‘Lace and Leather’ are hot.

’Amnesia’ and ‘Trouble’ are underrated bops. 

I sort of outgrew ‘If U Seek Amy’ and ‘Shattered Glass’

Don’t hate me for not hating ‘Mmm Papi’

’Radar’ belongs in Blackout.

Edit: I wrote Radar belongs in Circus, I feel so stupid. 

• Love 5

It is kinda crazy how much they hyped the album when it was kinda like BJ in a sense that they kinda didn’t end up using most of the material and was honestly just promo for the tour, looking back now. Unusual you and kill the lights should’ve made the set list tbh. Also radar should’ve had a better video that song had potential tbh. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+

Such an amazing album! Its crazy to think how the predictions were that the album will sell around 300k (10k more units than Blackout) units, but then it debuts with 505k units sold in the US alone :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The Third Greatest Pop Comeback of All Time :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Under my Umbrella-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

22 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Such an amazing album! Its crazy to think how the predictions were that the album will sell around 300k (10k more units than Blackout) units, but then it debuts with 505k units sold in the US alone :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The Third Greatest Pop Comeback of All Time :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

What are the first 2 greatest comebacks?

just curious

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Confessions On A Dancefloor/Ray of Light by Madonna and The Emancipitation of Mimi by Mariah Carey! :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

The Emancipation of Mimi? Sure, I cannot not say that was not the greatest comeback of all time. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

But Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor? There's like 1 memorable single from those because the singles that were hits were huge hits. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Circus outsold with two memorable singles. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Keep in mind, not saying Circus is better than those 3 albums. Ray of Light and The Emancipation of Mimi outsold. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Haha 3
  • Exhale+
6 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The Emancipation of Mimi? Sure, I cannot not say that was not the greatest comeback of all time. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

But Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor? There's like 1 memorable single from those because the singles that were hits were huge hits. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Circus outsold with two memorable singles. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Keep in mind, not saying Circus is better than those 3 albums. Ray of Light and The Emancipation of Mimi outsold. :typing_keyboard_computer:

Ya but they changed Madonna's career tajectory and made her a critic-fave, because before that, Madonna was seen as a manufactured "shameless" popstar, so thats why it was such a monumental era :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Also, TEOM and ROL outsold Circus :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 2

Under my Umbrella-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Super Moderators
48 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

The return of a LEGEND!
This album and era will always be iconic!

Btw wasnt this album released on her bday?

I distinctly remember watching this on Good Morning America they said they released it Dec 2.

yes it was :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: in the United States

but in Austria, Germany and Switzerland was released on November 28. Then in the UK on December 01.

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean