Why Britney is not done yet ?

• Super Moderators

I don't think nobody is really done, until, well, you're done like for real, if you know what I mean...

I think in Britney's case she's yet to be able to release what she truly wants, without the pressure of following a label's desires, or without the pressure of it having to be a commercial success.

It's not like she has nothing to prove to anyone, but it's more about having that artistic freedom to do as she pleases, that other artists at the same point in their careers already have.

We sometimes get carried away with the whole thing that she was a product manufactured by some executives at an office, and after the conservatorship, that she was only doing what her handlers dictated, and forget that she IS an artist actually, before any of that. She had that desire and that passion at some point, and I don't think that's something you ever lose. They didn't force her into doing something completely different than what she wanted, but all the opposite, they took that drive and those wishes and needs of making art, that she used to have, and used it to exploit her.

So it's time for her to finally do and create whatever is in her mind.

• Love 5
  • Like 3

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

even if she decides to retire, I think the big corporate record companies will always find a way to make money based on her brand/legacy, today there are virtual tours on the internet, there are hologram tours , we are even able to clone the voice of people with technologies such as vocaloid. we're living in a dystopian world. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I think that if she wants to, she can dominate the music industry again, but I wonder (even though she was on c-ship at the time), did she not try to do it with the album Glory? She said it was her baby, the album was what she wanted and what she could do, vocally and physically speaking, she gave us one of her best performances at award shows in years with the medley at BBMA 2016, the album Glory is considered one of her best works, she was incredibly beautiful considering how she was in previous eras, physically she was fine and she hadn't been for a long time, she released the album a lot and even so she didn't dominate the charts .. it will be because it wasn't what does the general public expect from her? She came with a more mature album, the sound she used on the album at the time was what was at the top and even then it didn't work... and that may have discouraged her. I know that some will say that it's because the Make me video is bad and that the first version should have been released, but was that just the cause?

She is kind of fading away but is seen kind of as a cool, vintage, "baddie" from the 2000s + 1999. Of course she could get inspired and create something and do a real comeback. She only got REALLY got into her artistic side with In The Zone & Blackout. I feel like she won't get too serious about an acting role or an album again. I think it's more important that she is healthy and happy. 

• Love 2