Was Britney in debt or worth $40 million in early 2008?

13 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I've been saying this from Day 1.

She wasn't in debt at the time the conservatorship was put in place.

Did she blow tons of money on frivolous purchases? No.

. And real estate is an investment.

She probably was in debt.

Her purchases were all on credit, the Ferrari she bought Kevin was repossessed in 2005. A row apparently but more likely that she couldn't afford it as they had Jayden two months after.

Her buying property was all on mortgages, that isn't investment unless you're renovating or renting. We know she did neither, remember it took like 5 years for her to sell her summit home.

This sums up the financial state and a bit of Britney economy during that time.

She wasn’t in a bad position at all.

it’s just crazy and sketchy her estate hasn’t grown properly ever since. Even though she arguably made much more money after the Cship.

I mean Christina Aguilera has Bigger net worth than Britney - and we all know very well that just ain’t possible

State in 2007/8: https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.entrepreneur.com/amphtml/189432

And I like to always point out to this (2016):

https://www.google.de/amp/s/moneynation.com/britney-spears-net-worth-the-350-million-blowout/amp/

• Like 2
  • Exhale+

She grossed 50 million dollars alone in 2004 and was the most paid celebrity of that year, this conservatorship is a scam Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

Nobody can go from owning 400 million-600 million dollars to their to then having only $50 million dollars when we know Britney isnt a reckless spender when she even cried about a $120 cardigan in H&M Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

Heck, the women is hardly seen shopping in luxury stores and is always seen going to local groceries, Target and Virgin megastore Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

• Love 3

Under my Umbrella-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

4 hours ago, chizwhiz said:

She probably was in debt.

Her purchases were all on credit, the Ferrari she bought Kevin was repossessed in 2005. A row apparently but more likely that she couldn't afford it as they had Jayden two months after.

Her buying property was all on mortgages, that isn't investment unless you're renovating or renting. We know she did neither, remember it took like 5 years for her to sell her summit home.

Do you think Kevin drained her?

What was her estate worth going into that marriage?

5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Do you think Kevin drained her?

What was her estate worth going into that marriage?

Na I don’t think he did.. she could buy him a garage full of cars and let him travel first class everywhere. It wouldn’t be a dent in her money.

and then the prenup secured her

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

Na I don’t think he did.. she could buy him a garage full of cars and let him travel first class everywhere. It wouldn’t be a dent in her money.

That's the way I understood it.

She had a pre-nup and that is WHY he went after her on custody issues -- because it was the only way to get MORE money out of her.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

Whilst they were married she haemorrhaged money. Remember she flew private jet everywhere and was forever buying a new home or going to Hawaii at the drop of the hat. She funded kfeds music career, built him a studio and she began producing her Mona Lisa album which she did herself. I think it's telling in 2007 when she served Lynne the restraining order, she also cut her off financially too, she was and is now again paying for all of Lynne's expenses. Although Brit was earning 6 figures in royalties a month, she was spending way more.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:40 AM, Pinky98 said:

Even when she’s not working she must be making BANK. She has millions of monthly listeners on Spotify, her YouTube generates cash, perfumes, sales, radio play, etc. 

I'm not talking about NOW.  She obviously makes a LOT from music- spotify and vevo, sound recording royalties etc...

I was talking about back in 2008, when the conservatorship was put in place.

It was reported back in February 2008, her estate was "estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

47 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I'm not talking about NOW.  She obviously makes a LOT from music- spotify and vevo, sound recording royalties etc...

I was talking about back in 2008, when the conservatorship was put in place.

It was reported back in February 2008, her estate was "estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

Back then her income from music was even higher, streaming generates a lower income. Radio play and continuous sales would have kept her afloat, plus her already sizeable perfume empire at the time 

2 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Back then her income from music was even higher, streaming generates a lower income. Radio play and continuous sales would have kept her afloat, plus her already sizeable perfume empire at the time 

We know she made around $700,000 a month back in 2007, thanks to a document that was filed in her divorce case.

That's a similar amount to what Lutfi claimed.

"But Lutfi said Spears pressed him, saying: "Sam, do you know what this job pays?"

"She said, 'I'm getting $800,000 a month even when I'm not working. You will get 15 percent of that,'" he recalled."

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/474490/britney-spears-meltdown-manager-takes-stand-in-court/

• Love 1