Was Britney in debt or worth $40 million in early 2008?

It's very plausible that Britney was facing lawsuits in early 2008, as her father's lawyers suggest, but there is a big discrepancy concerning the worth of her assets in 2008.

As many media has reported, her father's lawyers claim "James Spears has had a strong record as sole conservator, raising her net worth from being in the red to over $60 million."

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/britney-spears-conservatorship-never-perform-again/

(35:00)

Yet, as has been repeatedly pointed out, the media reported back in 2008 that "Britney's estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

(20:45)

This month the media of course ran with the "Britney was in debt" before her father saved her narrative, but as stated, back in 2008, the same media said she was worth $40 million before her father took over her assets.

What is the real answer?  Is this just another instance of more media corruption of the masses regarding Britney?

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Bundy said:

How could she blow so much money just like that?

She did an interview with people magazine in late 2002 and people magazine talked about how she had over 100 millions, she even commented "I know, Im freaking rich". 3 years later she did an interview for Elle magazine and they said it was reported she had at least over 123 millions. Then 2 years later she only had less than 1/3 of that money? I know she wasnt working a lot and there was leeches like Kevin, but still. She wasnt going to fancy restaurants, travelling to Europe every week, buying Lamborghinis and luxury goods. 

Theres also smt very odd about Jamie bragging about her state being 60 millions. It has been like that for a decade now! She earned 64 and 58 millions in 2009 and 2011 alone. Britney lives with an allowance, she wears the same shorts all the time, her glam team was cheap, she is like the only a list big celeb that lives in a mansion that is worth less than 10 millions. Its not like she buys new and different cara every year too. Where is her money? Many financial sites have talked about that bc its really weird that someone like Britney that is under a cship for almost 13 years, is very successful since she was 16 years old and has worked a lot since then, only has 60 millions forever? It doesnt make any sense. 

Wasn't the $60 million simply the assets that the conservatorship had access to?

The rest was put in the SJB Revocable Trust in 2004.

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Wasn't the $60 million simply the assets that the conservatorship had access to?

The rest was put in the SJB Revocable Trust in 2004.

What about before the cship? For example, when she did the Elle cover in late 2005 and they talked about her having over 123 millions... Do you think that money was in her trust or not? Tbh its hard to believe in anything her team and father have control over. Theres that sus thing that happened with Stonebridge having 600m out of the blue. I wouldnt be surprised If theres not much money left on the trust too. 

1 minute ago, Bundy said:

What about before the cship? For example, when she did the Elle cover in late 2005 and they talked about her having over 123 millions... Do you think that money was in her trust or not? Tbh its hard to believe in anything her team and father have control over. Theres that sus thing that happened with Stonebridge having 600m out of the blue. I wouldnt be surprised If theres not much money left on the trust too. 

It feels as if there may be a connection between Jamie Lynn taking over from Bryan as co-trustee of the SJB, and Stonebridge having 600 million out of the blue.

Also, why did Bryan step back as co-trustee, when he had held that position since 2004?

Did he step back at the same time that he stepped back from his role as Tour Manager (which he appeared to step into to replace Jamie in August 2015)?

As of February 2008, it was thought that around $100 million was sitting in the SJB Revocable Trust:

https://people.com/crime/whos-in-charge-of-britney-spearss-money/

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It feels as if there may be a connection between Jamie Lynn taking over from Bryan as co-trustee of the SJB, and Stonebridge having 600 million out of the blue.

Also, why did Bryan step back as co-trustee, when he had held that position since 2004?

Did he step back at the same time that he stepped back from his role as Tour Manager (which he appeared to step into to replace Jamie in August 2015)?

As of February 2008, it was thought that around $100 million was sitting in the SJB Revocable Trust:

https://people.com/crime/whos-in-charge-of-britney-spearss-money/

Do u know which year Bryan stepped back? 

Is the assumption that he replaced Jamie as a conservator in 2015 confirmed? I know he was seen with her a lot, but he also said on his interview that he worked in Vegas so he lived with Britney during that time. This could explain why he was always with her, no? Of course that with him being around Britney bc of his work, Jamie wouldnt have to "worry" about Britney that much anyway.

But do u think that when those magazines used to talk about her money before the cship, it was actually her state?

14 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Do u know which year Bryan stepped back? 

Is the assumption that he replaced Jamie as a conservator in 2015 confirmed? I know he was seen with her a lot, but he also said on his interview that he worked in Vegas so he lived with Britney during that time. This could explain why he was always with her, no? Of course that with him being around Britney bc of his work, Jamie wouldnt have to "worry" about Britney that much anyway.

I didn't know Bryan stepped back as co-trustee until it was announced just recently that Jamie Lynn was in the role. I'm assuming it occurred at the time Jamie Lynn stepped in during 2019, but am not certain.

Bryan has never been conservator, and I don't think anyone has ever alleged that.

I suspect Bryan became Tour Manager in August of 2015, which coincided with the era in which Britney began to flourish (it was those "Daddy issues" that she told Mario Lopez she had put behind her...the "Daddy issues" being Jamie involved in her day-to-day business).

The Tour Manager role is distinct from the conservator role...and it was quite lucrative for Jamie. It made him a millionaire, and put him directly in contact with the daily inner workings of Britney's career:

https://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/britney-spears-dad-jamie-spears-larry-rudolph-manager-conservator-tour-manager-seven-figure-deal-femme-fatale-tour/

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Bundy said:

But do u think that when those magazines used to talk about her money before the cship, it was actually her state?

Yes, I think the magazines used to refer to her total worth, not just her liquid assets.

I think the conservatorship only has access to a small portion of her funds -- nothing that has been invested prior to February 2009.

EDIT:

However...

Investing the SJB Revocable Trust funds in Stonebridge would have given Lou access for the first time.

That is, if Lou is still actually connected to Stonebridge.

15 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I didn't know Bryan stepped back as co-trustee until it was announced just recently that Jamie Lynn was in the role. I'm assuming it occurred at the time Jamie Lynn stepped in during 2019, but am not certain.

Bryan has never been conservator, and I don't think anyone has ever alleged that.

I suspect Bryan became Tour Manager in August of 2015, which coincided with the era in which Britney began to flourish (it was those "Daddy issues" that she told Mario Lopez she had put behind her...the "Daddy issues" being Jamie involved in her day-to-day business).

The Tour Manager role is distinct from the conservator role...and it was quite lucrative for Jamie. It made him a millionaire, and put him directly in contact with the daily inner workings of Britney's career:

https://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/britney-spears-dad-jamie-spears-larry-rudolph-manager-conservator-tour-manager-seven-figure-deal-femme-fatale-tour/

I read that JL stepped in in 2018. 

Jamie must be such a nightmare that even tho her dad is a ****head, she seemed more happy when he was around too. Rn I wonder if they are still close. I was seeing a 1999 interview and Bryan didnt sound the insensitive ******* he sounded on the podcast. Power must have changed him a lot. 

So being a tour manager makes them way more rich than the conservator role. Britney wasnt lying when she said she gave her dad the best job in the business. Its quite sad that they only see money and power no matter if they are destroying Britneys life and best years.

15 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yes, I think the magazines used to refer to her total worth, not just her liquid assets.

I think the conservatorship only has access to a small portion of her funds -- nothing that has been invested prior to February 2009.

EDIT:

However...

Investing the SJB Revocable Trust funds in Stonebridge would have given Lou access for the first time.

That is, if Lou is still actually connected to Stonebridge.

Its weird that only less than 60m is tied to the cship. It seems like they want people and media believe she only has that. I wonder why. 

That video that surprise witness did about the whole thing was really eye opening, everything seems so sus. So weird that after the public pressure, both Lou and JL stepped back and the Stonebridge's CEO or smt seems to be doing his best to erase any connection to Lou on the internet.

5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I read that JL stepped in in 2018. 

Jamie must be such a nightmare that even tho her dad is a ****head, she seemed more happy when he was around too. Rn I wonder if they are still close. I was seeing a 1999 interview and Bryan didnt sound the insensitive ******* he sounded on the podcast. Power must have changed him a lot. 

So being a tour manager makes them way more rich than the conservator role. Britney wasnt lying when she said she gave her dad the best job in the business. Its quite sad that they only see money and power no matter if they are destroying Britneys life and best years.

Yep. It's all about the tour manager role...At least when it comes to money.

The conservator role pays fairly, but the tour manager role is very lucrative.

Notice that Britney was happier during the Circus tour? That was prior to her "second breakdown" -- which roughly coincided with Jamie stepping into the tour manager role in 2011.

Notice that Britney became happier when Bryan was by her side in Vegas, and Jamie had left to spend time building Jamie Lynn's career?

Notice that Britney refuses to work now? And by "work," I mean tour?

She seems to love to spend time in the recording studio, and loves to film videos...but doesn't want Jamie on set or backstage when she's trying to do her thing.

I suspect that Jamie stepped back into the tour manager role following the botched Make Me video...which would explain why her mental health appeared to go downhill in Vegas (e.g. ticks, bad makeup, skimpier and skimpier costumes). I truly believe she despises his presence, and his constant meddling in her artistry.

But until it appears in a court document, it's all just a theory.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Its weird that only less than 60m is tied to the cship. It seems like they want people and media believe she only has that. I wonder why. 

That video that surprise witness did about the whole thing was really eye opening, everything seems so sus. So weird that after the public pressure, both Lou and JL stepped back and the Stonebridge's CEO or smt seems to be doing his best to erase any connection to Lou on the internet.

It could be that the $60 million is liquid assets, in the sense that it's money the conservatorship has access to -- in the form of real estate (that can easily be bought and sold), term deposits, etc.

Anything generated over and above that may be regularly invested into the SJB Revocable Trust. 

Where it gets sketchy is if the money in the trust is being invested in companies that Lou benefits from...so that she's not just being paid a commission fee based on her "business management" services for the conservatorship, but is also a receiving funds through companies she is a director or shareholder in.

It seems as if Lou and Jamie have found every way imaginable to make bank off of Britney, over and above the services they were hired for in 2009...But they have to keep Britney constantly working in order to receive the benefits.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yep. It's all about the tour manager role...At least when it comes to money.

The conservator role pays fairly, but the tour manager role is very lucrative.

Notice that Britney was happier during the Circus tour? That was prior to her "second breakdown" -- which roughly coincided with Jamie stepping into the tour manager role in 2011.

Notice that Britney became happier when Bryan was by her side in Vegas, and Jamie had left to spend time building Jamie Lynn's career?

Notice that Britney refuses to work now? And by "work," I mean tour?

She seems to love to spend time in the recording studio, and loves to film videos...but doesn't want Jamie on set or backstage when she's trying to do her thing.

I suspect that Jamie stepped back into the tour manager role following the botched Make Me video...which would explain why her mental health appeared to go downhill in Vegas (e.g. ticks, bad makeup, skimpier and skimpier costumes). I truly believe she despises his presence, and his constant meddling in her artistry.

But until it appears in a court document, it's all just a theory.

The tour manager role also seems to give him even more control over her career.

I think she also looked happier during circus bc she was seeing the boys more and probably thought she would prove to be responsible, successful and get out of this mess, which it never happened. I really believe they promised her a lot so she would go along. I wonder when she wrote that letter: 2008 or 2009?

I bet she gets annoyed with him meddling in everything. Not only shes a 38 years old woman, who has worked since she was a child and is independent financially since she was 16, she also never got along with him. Britney, Lynne, her lawyer and even Jamie talked about this. I think many times before the cship she put up with his bs just bc she felt she had to bc he is her "father". 

Did u read the restauranter's story? Imagine how many times Jamie did **** like that even before the cship. I wish more people will come out talking about how he always made her life a mess. 

Remember that scene in FTR when she gets visibly annoyed bc hes talking what she should do with Womanizer? I bet she thinks he doesnt know jack**** but acts like he does. It must be so frustrating for her. They have stole a everything from her. 

If she ever gets free someday, I hope shes smart enough to put a restraining order against his ***. 

What do u think about MM? Do u think she was pushed to do it?

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It could be that the $60 million is liquid assets, in the sense that it's money the conservatorship has access to -- in the form of real estate (that can easily be bought and sold), term deposits, etc.

Anything generated over and above that may be regularly invested into the SJB Revocable Trust. 

Where it gets sketchy is if the money in the trust is being invested in companies that Lou benefits from...so that she's not just being paid a commission fee based on her "business management" services for the conservatorship, but is also a receiving funds through companies she is a director or shareholder in.

It seems as if Lou and Jamie have found every way imaginable to make bank off of Britney, over and above the services they were hired for in 2009...But they have to keep Britney constantly working in order to receive the benefits.

But isnt weird that its always the same amount even tho almost 13 years have passed? I fear that most of her money isnt on the trust too and the court wont know bc they dont have access to. Not that I trust the court anyway...

U said it all: it seems like they keep looking ways to make more money off her. What a ******* nightmare Britneys life has turned to. For someone who follows her since the beginning, its quite sad to see what happened to her, that her family did this to her and they will try to continue doing until the end. Back then when I was a child I bought that her family was united, that Lynne was such a good mother and Jamie wasnt a parasite. 

I just keep hoping she wont give in when they promise her more "freedom", money, trips or smt like that. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

How could she blow so much money just like that?

She did an interview with people magazine in late 2002 and people magazine talked about how she had over 100 millions, she even commented "I know, Im freaking rich". 3 years later she did an interview for Elle magazine and they said it was reported she had at least over 123 millions. Then 2 years later she only had less than 1/3 of that money? I know she wasnt working a lot and there was leeches like Kevin, but still. She wasnt going to fancy restaurants, travelling to Europe every week, buying Lamborghinis and luxury goods. 

Theres also smt very odd about Jamie bragging about her state being 60 millions. It has been like that for a decade now! She earned 64 and 58 millions in 2009 and 2011 alone. Britney lives with an allowance, she wears the same shorts all the time, her glam team was cheap, she is like the only a list big celeb that lives in a mansion that is worth less than 10 millions. Its not like she buys new and different cara every year too. Where is her money? Many financial sites have talked about that bc its really weird that someone like Britney that is under a cship for almost 13 years, is very successful since she was 16 years old and has worked a lot since then, only has 60 millions forever? It doesnt make any sense. 

Just her Perfumes empire is worth more than $100 millions I bet..

• Like 3