Who Are The 10 Most Important Pop Stars Of All Time?

• Exhale+
23 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Sounds about right. But you can actually take out Lady Gaga and replace it with Rihanna. No shade to Gaga, I love her too but she's not higher than Taylor Swift even with the combined impact of The Fame all the way to Born this Way era. Rihanna on the other hand has transcended the "pop star" status. Now, she is simply an ICON. Period. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Whenever I post or read something on Exhale I feel the way Britney felt on Xfactor every time she gave an opinion.A whirlwind of emotions :o

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Britney Spears  2. Britney Spears  3. Britney Spears  4. Britney Spears  5. Britney Spears  6. Britney Spears  7. Britney Spears  8. Britney Spears  9. Britn

Sounds about right. But you can actually take out Lady Gaga and replace it with Rihanna. No shade to Gaga, I love her too but she's not higher than Taylor Swift even with the combined impact of The Fa

Its not a top 10 tho like the OP asked 

Posted Images

• Exhale+

Well after thinking this very carefully (In no particular order):

1) Madonna

2) Britney Spears

3) Lady Gaga

4) Justin Timberlake

5) Beyonce

6) Rihanna

7) Shakira

8) Lana del Rey

9) Katy Perry

10) Christina Aguilera

Whenever I post or read something on Exhale I feel the way Britney felt on Xfactor every time she gave an opinion.A whirlwind of emotions :o

• Madonna
  • Michael
  • Britney
  • Rihanna
  • Taylor
  • Beyoncé
  • Gaga
  • Mariah
  • Cher
  • finally, I can't decide between Whitney, Prince, Celine, Janet, Shakira, Selena, Kylie, etc.

This is coming from someone who grew up in the 00s, so don't @ me for leaving out your fave. Madonna and Michael are obviously THE blueprints. Other than those two, I think Britney and Rihanna are the ones who transcended the pop star status and defined their respective decades the most. Britney is an obvious choice, but I feel like some people have a tendency to downplay the impact of Rihanna, which is crazy to me. She is THE main pop girlie of the late 00s and 10s. The only ones who could potentially rival her are Taylor, Beyoncé, and Gaga. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Exhale+
23 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

are you 12 years old?

Well elaborate please . The only one you can argue about is Katy Perry. But she solidified her status with her first 3 albums. The rest I dont get why you would say Im a 12 years old :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I see these artists as important, not because of their sales but the impact they had for a whole generation at their peak and their influence on follow artist, and the changes they did with the music industry:

Michael Jackson

Elvis

The Beatles

Madonna

Britney Spears

Rammstein

Falco

Spice Girls

Maybe Abba,Queen ,Bowie,BSB,Eminem and Nirvana

• Love 1
On 11/26/2020 at 4:58 AM, Roxxy said:

Sounds about right. But you can actually take out Lady Gaga and replace it with Rihanna. No shade to Gaga, I love her too but she's not higher than Taylor Swift even with the combined impact of The Fame all the way to Born this Way era. Rihanna on the other hand has transcended the "pop star" status. Now, she is simply an ICON. Period. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Gaga is an actual artist, has had more impact on music, had more iconic and memorable moments. Also, she will be remembered as a real musician instead of a glorified model.

This is really hard but I will list them in order of around the time period they came out with music (won’t be completely accurate). 

1. Elton John

2. Michael Jackson

3. Madonna

4. Janet Jackson

5. Whitney Houston

6. Mariah Carey

7. Britney Spears

8. Taylor Swift

9. Lady Gaga

10. Adele

Sorry Beyoncé fans! 

40 minutes ago, RebelMe said:
  1. Madonna
  2. David Bowie
  3. Michael Jackson 
  4. Diana Ross
  5. Prince
  6. ABBA
  7. Donna Summer 
  8. Whitney Houston
  9. Stevie Nicks
  10. Cyndi Lauper

:madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

Your list is nearly the most spot on but Cyndi? I mean she is known for 80s hits but you should have put Cher in her place, she had hits in four consecutive decades from the 60s to the 90s and she's still going.