Britney’s album covers are BAD.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(in my opinion) The Circus cover feels very fitting to me with the album.  I know it wasn’t technically the best photo (& probably not the iconicness you’re talking about), but in retrospect

Let’s be real. An artist of Britney’s caliber should have ICONIC and memorable album covers... yet Jive and RCA always and I mean ALWAYS disappointed.  Album covers are meant to provide insight t

itz is her best cover     fight me

4 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

(in my opinion) The Circus cover feels very fitting to me with the album. 

I know it wasn’t technically the best photo (& probably not the iconicness you’re talking about), but in retrospect the cover along with the booklet photos fits perfectly with the whole album/era mood/vibe. I think it aged quite well. 

It feels very Circus, If You Seek Amy, Mannequin, Lace & Leather, Kill The Lights, Mmm Papi, Unusual You, etc.

& something about that dress, the colors, & those blonde curls feel very “bubblegum” & I know that’s how they were aiming to re-introduce her.

I think they succeeded with this album cover in the vibe they were going for. 
Circus-_Album.png

This. Circus has the best cover and it gives u a perfect feeling of the album theme. Also the back was so nice. The worse one is without any doubts, the Original Glory. 

They're not that bad... Most of them are good.

THE GOOD:
...Baby One More Time
Oops!...I Did It Again
Britney
In The Zone
The Singles Collection
Femme Fatale
Britney Jean
Glory (re-issue)

THE BAD:
Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
Circus
Glory

THE UGLY: 
B In The Mix: The Remixes
Blackout
B In The Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2

• Like 1

I do understand what you mean and I have to agree. 

The Circus and Blackout covers could have been so much better with the images they had but they ruined it with cheap looking boarders which make it seem tacky. Had they been removed it would have been better. Circus should have had a more Circus themed cover like when she’s sitting on the bed with the round window.

ITZ probably could have been better with a full body shot while I’ve always hated the Britney era style. It does nothing for me. They totally ****ed up Glory. 

Her team are just the worst - they’re majorly incompetent.

• Love 2
  • Community Super Mods
6 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

They're not that bad... Most of them are good.

THE GOOD:
...Baby One More Time
Oops!...I Did It Again
Britney
In The Zone
The Singles Collection
Femme Fatale
Britney Jean
Glory (re-issue)

THE BAD:
Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
Circus
Glory

THE UGLY: 
B In The Mix: The Remixes
Blackout
B In The Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2

B in the Mix Vol 1 isn't that bad though, Circus either, but everything else I agree. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Community Super Mods
1 minute ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I do understand what you mean and I have to agree. 

The Circus and Blackout covers could have been so much better with the images they had but they ruined it with cheap looking boarders which make it seem tacky. Had they been removed it would have been better. Circus should have had a more Circus themed cover like when she’s sitting on the bed surrounded by dolls. 

ITZ probably could have been better with a full body shot while I’ve always hated the Britney era style. It does nothing for me. They totally ****ed up Glory. 

Her team are just the worst - they’re majorly incompetent.

the border is what I like the most about Circus :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I really like the combination of colors, and the stars, and the background. Only the pose is a bit awkward. 

• Love 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

I was just thinking of this topic yesterday and to be honest, I respectfully disagree, at least for her first four album covers which were very fitting and couldn’t have been more perfect in terms of captivating the mood of the album, imo. Blackout cover isn’t bad but I think they could have gone with a better outfit. That pink dress is hideous. Circus also feels a bit weird. By all means, it isn’t bad considering it’s probably the best photo from that entire album shoot. FF-Glory album covers is where they were nothing short of a disaster, especially BJ and Glory.

• Love 2

I agree. My boyfriend isn't into pop other than gaga, he liked rock, metal, techno and stuff like that. I'm trying to make him appreciate Britney but even though he likes BTI (and ONLY that so far) , he keeps saying the cover for Blackout is terrible. 

• Love 1
  • Exhale+

I wouldn’t say they’re all bad. The Britney cover says hello 

Britney_Britney_Album_Cover.PNG

They definitely missed the mark with the Glory cover. But we were all aware of the argument with LaChapelle so it’s not that surprising that they didn’t go with his work. It’s more annoying that they chose to use a bs screen grab instead of doing another shoot with someone else... but again, not surprised  :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 2

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

My least favorites are Britney and Glory 1.0. The yellow color Britney has is so unappealing. I like the version where she’s not edited. Glory, as much as I dislike it, I sort of did like the overexposed lighting theme. I think that worked in the sense that the album felt very light and bright and also moody because the overexposed lighting made Britney covered in more shadows. I just didn’t like the screenshot motif, but I liked what they were going for (especially since it was such a last minute change). Her best by far is Glory 2020. The vision was very clear and is just visually stunning. I’m always surprised to hear this fanbase didn’t like Blackout when it came out. I LOVED it when I was younger. almost as much as I loved the pink baby cover or the oops cover! She just looked so mature, edgy, and cool

46 minutes ago, descg said:

This is the best photo for me:

309b646385a6c7847c2f652855da68c3.jpg

ab67706c0000bebb43704bc85b018910e85b8542

artworks-000260132999-lmtoty-t500x500.jp

While I agree, they chose the best photo for comeback purposes. The official cover shows Britney in a very soft and angelic light. She looks like a woman, but she’s covered up and looks “innocent” yet ****. they were reintroducing her and trying to avoid as much negative press as possible. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2