This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Britney Jean' album in 2013 (November 25)

• Super Moderators
17 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OK Exhale Police, report yourselves to this thread, Poke just made a thread about BJ, be careful, he might rewrite Britstory is we allow him!!

I didn't know about this! :O

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

She wants her hip-hop / urban album so bad... I feel like she's aiming at it since ITZ.

We should clarify that that picture recipe is fan-made, it didn't come from Britney or her team.

I always hated so much that she confused her actual name with... "a term of endearment" omg couldn't her team correct her before repeating that in every single interview? A "term of endearment" would be "Brit Brit" or "(the real) Queen B". No wait, that last one is just a fact.

This is the first time I hear that... There's a comment in this video that says: "Sorry, but this is not G.R.L.! Natasha from G.R.L. confirmed it." But I couldn't find that confirmation online.

Britney Spears - Tik Tik Boom (Demo by G.R.L.) - YouTube

:orangu_orangutan_ape:

Thank you SO MUCH for this! William Orbit is an astounding producer, so I could never believe that he would make such a huge mistake as allowing a glitch in any of his records, especially not for one of the biggest stars the world has ever seen, that's nuts to even think about it. So I'm not surprised to hear it was will.i.am's fault.

...really?

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work Beep is still a bop

On November 25, 2013, Britney Spears released her eighth studio album Britney Jean. Or not exactly, but it was actually put out for streaming for free through the iTunes store and iTunes radio. The of

Iconic Ask Anything Chat  

Posted Images

• Exhale+

The crowned “Biggest Britney Jean Hater” has arrived :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

I will say that the photo shoot for this album is outstanding. Britney looks so fresh and beautiful. Plus it was the album that gave us Work God :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Anyways, Happy Anniversary BJ... thanks for being the joke of the fan base for the last seven years, someone had to :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Amazing write up @PokemonSpears Hope you’re celebrating today! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 6

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

I like Britney Jean. The Will.I.am production was heavy especially with the robotic futuristic sounds. He wouldn’t gotten away with it and called it a theme but it was a tad too much. I am not that against incorporating Myah Marie because I am familiar with many other artists who have their vocals layered with backing vocals and it just so happens that it’s Myah Marie. Yes it was overdone but I don’t view it as horribly as many exhalers and the GP.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Great memories surrounding the album/timeframe it was released. I remember planning my 1st trip to Vegas to see Britney and buying tickets the day POM was announced. Despite the drama surrounding the album, I actually enjoy it. It helped me get through a painful breakup at that time and another breakup I had last year. The album is definitely helpful for anyone going through a breakup. So despite how trendy it is to hate this album, I actually love it. But I’ve never let this forum influence my decision anyway, so I’m able to enjoy the music regardless. 

It’s always so funny to me how it’s trendy for Britney fans to hate on this album, but when it first came out Britney fans were all like “OMG this is her best album since In The Zone” and “this is part of the Britney holy trinity.” Some Britney fans have a tendency to be negative in general and jump on bandwagons, and this is definitely a great example of that. I’ve also seen new fans or fans that aren’t very familiar with her music say they hate this album without giving it a chance. If you don’t like the album, that’s fine, but I think everyone deserves a chance to listen to it and judge for themselves. 

I think Exhale enjoys this album more than they pretend to hate it since I see a new BJ thread every other day. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Tbh I remember being excited hearing about the album being personal and I think Larry even compared to Ray Of Light? I was very disappointed when I heard it for the first time bc it didnt feel personal at all. Then it felt very short too. The album sounded basic and whatever, I was never a fan, and that was before I heard about the whole Myah mess. Same goes to PG that I thought to be trash the minute I heard for the first time.

I like FF tho, so I dont care about other peoples opinions. And even tho I think Glory is a good album, I just dont think its up there with ITZ and Blackout. It was still a good effort and upgrade from BJ mess tho. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Tbh I remember being excited hearing about the album being personal and I think Larry even compared to Ray Of Light? I was very disappointed when I heard it for the first time bc it didnt feel personal at all. Then it felt very short too. The album sounded basic and whatever, I was never a fan, and that was before I heard about the whole Myah mess. Same goes to PG that I thought to be trash the minute I heard for the first time.

I like FF tho, so I dont care about other peoples opinions. And even tho I think Glory is a good album, I just dont think its up there with ITZ and Blackout. It was still a good effort and upgrade from BJ mess tho. 

Yes it was hyped as Britney's Ray of Light, and I think that was more before will.i.am was ex producer. Alien did have the producer from Ray of Light.. It def didn't help that it was mis-market like you said, "most personal" is a joke..

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kevney said:

Yes it was hyped as Britney's Ray of Light, and I think that was more before will.i.am was ex producer. Alien did have the producer from Ray of Light.. It def didn't help that it was mis-market like you said, "most personal" is a joke..

Then we see her dad bragging about doing good things for her career :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: they have been ******* Britneys legacy over and over again since 2011 and 2013 was a ******* mess in everything. I cant believe they lied like this to fans and bc we didnt know better at the time, we bought it. 

• Love 4

My god this album aged SO badly! I blame it on Will.I.Am!

Idk why they picked him as a producer when he is autotuned and generic.

Overall I think that the album had potential and the idea had a good intention but it just didnt hit the mark.

Its just weird how it was supposed to be her most personal album yet she barely sings in it.

I will say though that I do like Til Its Gone, Brightest Morning Star and Work Bich

• Love 1
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

My god this album aged SO badly! I blame it on Will.I.Am!

Idk why they picked him as a producer when he is autotuned and generic.

Overall I think that the album had potential and the idea had a good intention but it just didnt hit the mark.

Its just weird how it was supposed to be her most personal album yet she barely sings in it.

I will say though that I do like Til Its Gone, Brightest Morning Star and Work Bich

not a fan of hold on tite? :)