This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Britney Jean' album in 2013 (November 25)

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Why thats what! BJ really was the actual downfall of Britney and she lost a decent amount of fans at the time, and it just got worser with the Myah scandal and really paved the way for Glory underperforming

Honestly the reason why Glory underperformed was once again the lack of promotion, she barely promoted the album (although she did do the VMAs performance which helped a lot and some promo in the UK) she stopped promoting the album after a month, also the album could've debuted at #1 had she released it the week later (Travis Scott debuted at #1 with less than Glory's sales that week), us Britney fans were fuming at her team for once again choosing a terrible week to release the album

• Love 3
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work Beep is still a bop

On November 25, 2013, Britney Spears released her eighth studio album Britney Jean. Or not exactly, but it was actually put out for streaming for free through the iTunes store and iTunes radio. The of

Iconic Ask Anything Chat  

Posted Images

• Exhale+
1 minute ago, bliss said:

Honestly the reason why Glory underperformed was once again the lack of promotion, she barely promoted the album (although she did do the VMAs performance which helped a lot and some promo in the UK) she stopped promoting the album after a month, also the album could've debuted at #1 had she released it the week later (Travis Scott debuted at #1 with less than Glory's sales that week), us Britney fans were fuming at her team for once again choosing a terrible week to release the album

Dont forget single choices, when there were so many potential hits in the album. People thought that Glory would be as bad as BJ so ig they didnt give her a chance ya know?

• Like 1

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Dont forget single choices, when there were so many potential hits in the album. People thought that Glory would be as bad as BJ so ig they didnt give her a chance ya know?

tbh I think the singles were well chosen (Make Me... was so refreshing and it still sounds good today) and Slumber Party was a good choice too (even though I voted for Better on that Billboard Poll), I just wish they had released it solo I never got the point of them releasing a version with Tinashe... but I wonder what would have happened had Do You Wanna Come Over? had been released like Britney's team supposedly wanted to release 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Moderators

Ahhh. So that's why it took you so long to reply. You were super into writing this and I love that for you. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Our lead Britney Jean stan, Exhalers, PokemonSpears. Give it up for him. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

He really worked extra hard on this, like he always does for any episode of This Day in Pop. But this is special to him, I know. He also made time to write this even after doing nearly impossible regional event missions on Pokemon Go. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

This is your best work and i'm so proud. Love you. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 7
  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+
15 minutes ago, bliss said:

tbh I think the singles were well chosen (Make Me... was so refreshing and it still sounds good today) and Slumber Party was a good choice too (even though I voted for Better on that Billboard Poll), I just wish they had released it solo I never got the point of them releasing a version with Tinashe... but I wonder what would have happened had Do You Wanna Come Over? had been released like Britney's team supposedly wanted to release 

Make Me wasnt really a good LEAD single, maybe as a 4th single but its for sure not when DYWCO? and Love me down were also there

• Love 1

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

When this album came out, I was in really bad place in my life. The whole year of 2013 was literally a mess for me :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:
But the whole anticipation of this album sparked so much excitement and joy in me. For the fist time in the whole year there was a reason to go on. WORK ***** WAS FIRE back then :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:
When I first listened the album I liked almost everything from it :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: I guess it was mix of denial and my poor earphones at the time lol. My personal favorites at the time used to be Tik Tik Boom and til it's gone for some reason :jackk_alien: 

Now listening the album makes me cringe a lot. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: But I've pretty much forgave and forgot it. For me it's just distant memory from the harder times of my life in 2013 and Work ***** helped me a lot lol. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching: 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Don’t hate me because I don’t hate it :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

I understand how impersonal this album is, how much of a backup singer she is here, but those songs are connected to a special moment in my life :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

Also, I love ‘Passenger’, it means a lot to me :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: please don’t drag me. 
Btw, I saw a meme that edited the cover and said ‘Britney Guadalupe’, Latin fans will understand :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 3

7 years ago. Jesus!!! I was a sophomore in high school and I remember everything ramping up to this album. The Blackout 2.0 thing, the album recipe picture, then the sudden disappointment when I heard it was going to be a “personal” album. I don’t know why I didn’t like that back then. Maybe because I was younger and I assumed “personal” meant slower? I just wasn’t that excited. Then Work ***** came out which took a really long time to grow on me. I just remember a lot of songs sounding like that back then. Like choruses are replaced by an EDM break and it all sounded the same. I didn’t like it at first.

then the album came out. I just felt so massively disappointed. I did however REALLY like Tik Tik Boom and Now That I Found You (lol). But the album just wasn’t my favorite. I also remember thinking Britney just sounded “weird” the whole time. My whole family said it, even my friends who aren’t stans. And they all said the same thing: “it doesnt sound like too much auto tune. It just doesn’t sound like Britney”. That’s when I as a stan discovered who Myah Marie was lol

such a weird time, but this is when I really became a stan in the sense I joined forums and what not. I LOVED Britney growing up and loved all her albums, but the discussion of B8 is when I joined online discussions about Britney lol it still holds a special place in my heart. I did go to Vegas in 2014 and it was the first time I saw her. It was just the best experience. Then the release of Tom’s Diner and Pretty Girls (which I enjoy!!!) just got me more hyped because it felt like she was improving her work after Britney Jean. I also recall a lot of cool stuff leaking around this time, like Burning Up and Guilty. This all kept me hyped right until the Glory era which was just so magical to me lol

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Great memories surrounding the album/timeframe it was released. I remember planning my 1st trip to Vegas to see Britney and buying tickets the day POM was announced. Despite the drama surrounding the album, I actually enjoy it. It helped me get through a painful breakup at that time and another breakup I had last year. The album is definitely helpful for anyone going through a breakup. So despite how trendy it is to hate this album, I actually love it. But I’ve never let this forum influence my decision anyway, so I’m able to enjoy the music regardless. 

It’s always so funny to me how it’s trendy for Britney fans to hate on this album, but when it first came out Britney fans were all like “OMG this is her best album since In The Zone” and “this is part of the Britney holy trinity.” Some Britney fans have a tendency to be negative in general and jump on bandwagons, and this is definitely a great example of that. I’ve also seen new fans or fans that aren’t very familiar with her music say they hate this album without giving it a chance. If you don’t like the album, that’s fine, but I think everyone deserves a chance to listen to it and judge for themselves. 

I think Exhale enjoys this album more than they pretend to hate it since I see a new BJ thread every other day. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Great memories surrounding the album/timeframe it was released. I remember planning my 1st trip to Vegas to see Britney and buying tickets the day POM was announced. Despite the drama surrounding the album, I actually enjoy it. It helped me get through a painful breakup at that time and another breakup I had last year. The album is definitely helpful for anyone going through a breakup. So despite how trendy it is to hate this album, I actually love it. But I’ve never let this forum influence my decision anyway, so I’m able to enjoy the music regardless. 

It’s always so funny to me how it’s trendy for Britney fans to hate on this album, but when it first came out Britney fans were all like “OMG this is her best album since In The Zone” and “this is part of the Britney holy trinity.” Some Britney fans have a tendency to be negative in general and jump on bandwagons, and this is definitely a great example of that. I’ve also seen new fans or fans that aren’t very familiar with her music say they hate this album without giving it a chance. If you don’t like the album, that’s fine, but I think everyone deserves a chance to listen to it and judge for themselves. 

I think Exhale enjoys this album more than they pretend to hate it since I see a new BJ thread every other day. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Our minds were clouded when this was first released. I used to think it was good around the time it came out. I heard Chillin’ With You the other day and wow... literally one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard in my life. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Twitter Team

It’s far from her best album but still has some good songs. I feel like I might have overmarked some in @Slayer’s megarate but what do I know lol. Work ***** might just be up there as one of her better singles.

Also the album artwork and booklet were gorgeous.

• Like 1