This Day in Pop: Britney presents the Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist award to Mary J. Blige at the AMA's 2006 (November 21)

I wish there was a clip of Britney walking out. The amount of cheering and admiration for her was ginormous! It felt like everyone was rooting for her and finally felt like once she left KFed, the old Britney was back. I love that not one celeb (that I could think of) has said Britney was rude. Even Mary J. defended her against haters. It just shows kindness and humility goes a LONG way in the game of life! Love this! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

EDIT:

Found it! Little Miley Cyrus at the 0:05 mark and it looks like Jesse McCartney says, "She's back"!

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

What is ghetto? 

Hi, I'm happy to teach you some English today:

Ghetto: a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social pressures or economic hardships (from dictionary.com).

Mary J. Blige was born in the borough of the Bronx. The family subsisted on her mother's earnings as a nurse after her father left the family in the mid-1970s, the former an alcoholic and the latter a Vietnam War veteran who suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. At the age of five, Blige was molested by a family friend, and as a teenager she endured years of ***ual harassment from peers of both ***es. She briefly taught herself boxing in an effort to defend and protect herself. She would eventually turn to alcohol, drugs and promiscuous *** to try and numb the pain (from wikipedia.com).

She tried to find it through drugs, alcohol, and spending; by the late nineties, she'd become the gold-chain standard of the hyper-bling look known as "ghetto fabulous" (from oprah.com).

Blige presented new iconography: a hard-headed hip-hop girl who exulted in the tough, working-class culture she grew up with. Despite worldwide appetite for this brash ghetto style, the reality for Blige has been traumatic (from theguardian.com).

It has no deregatory or offensive meaning, at least in the way I used it, and I see plenty of other newspapers and sites using this word when talking about her, so I invite you to remove the thumb down. Thank you :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Can’t believe she was 24 here... like how?! World superstar and two kids already. Lunatic. 

her Larry orchestrated divorce publicity hype (letterman, this, the skating photos) was pure management brilliance (probably the last good management thing he did). It generated so much good hype for her. Sadly, what she probably needed was to go home to Kentwood to heal, as she’s said, and we may be in a different situation today. Not hype up her career... 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

Hi, I'm happy to teach you some English today:

Ghetto: a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social pressures or economic hardships (from dictionary.com).

Mary J. Blige was born in the borough of the Bronx. The family subsisted on her mother's earnings as a nurse after her father left the family in the mid-1970s, the former an alcoholic and the latter a Vietnam War veteran who suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. At the age of five, Blige was molested by a family friend, and as a teenager she endured years of ***ual harassment from peers of both ***es. She briefly taught herself boxing in an effort to defend and protect herself. She would eventually turn to alcohol, drugs and promiscuous *** to try and numb the pain (from wikipedia.com).

She tried to find it through drugs, alcohol, and spending; by the late nineties, she'd become the gold-chain standard of the hyper-bling look known as "ghetto fabulous" (from oprah.com).

Blige presented new iconography: a hard-headed hip-hop girl who exulted in the tough, working-class culture she grew up with. Despite worldwide appetite for this brash ghetto style, the reality for Blige has been traumatic (from theguardian.com).

It has no deregatory or offensive meaning, at least in the way I used it, and I see plenty of other newspapers and sites using this word when talking about her, so I invite you to remove the thumb down. Thank you :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

You didn’t teach me anything I’m from the ghetto I just wanted to know what you meant & you explain so yeah :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Love 1

I always thought this was before the divorce. She was or seemed still in control of herself here. Probably something happened later, she probably needed time and help but they pushed for a come back and se started to rebel and than people as Sam Lutfi came in and everything went wrong. If only she had a real good friend to tell her the true, convincing her to get help.. Instead she had fake friends like Paris (I know that now she seems more mature, but at those times she was only an attention ***** that couldn't give any good advice to Britney), and she had an abusive father and a mother that did nothing (as a mother she should have stayed with Britney day and night until she would convince her to go back to Louisiana with her). 

• Like 2