Swimming With the Stars release explained (who and why)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean that's fine. Record company has every right to earn money every way they can especially when artist is on hiatus or retired. But this if true further proves that Britney stated I do not wa

What are they waiting for to release an unreleased compilation ? 

I don't even know which is more horrifying; her team milking her legacy with her or her label trying to milk her legacy without her    No one around her even cares about her as a person anym

Even without Team B’s involvement, shame on RCA for profiting off Britney’s name during such a stressful time in her life.

I figured this was the case, anyhow. Team B hid the Glory photoshoot in 2016 for a reason, why would they suddenly show us now? It’s clearly just her label’s doing.

but hey, maybe we’ll get more unreleased music lol

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Proof that the label has access to fully recorded/mixed/finalized songs that were left on the cutting room floor and contracts signed allow them to do with the material what they will. The use of the LaChapelle photography is interesting to me though. Do they have those photos as a part of the album packaging designs that were scrapped and then service it out/retouch it to the new song? I am perched for the song, as it sounds gorgeous.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2020 at 7:54 PM, studlygeorge said:

With that said do we think Britney even knows about And Then We Kiss?

I'm not certain, but at the time of the release of B In The Mix, I think it was said that Britney hand-picked all the tracks. Like, she chose her favorite remixes. Again, I'm not sure.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, studlygeorge said:

Even without Team B’s involvement, shame on RCA for profiting off Britney’s name during such a stressful time in her life.

I figured this was the case, anyhow. Team B hid the Glory photoshoot in 2016 for a reason, why would they suddenly show us now? It’s clearly just her label’s doing.

but hey, maybe we’ll get more unreleased music lol

I honestly don't think I mind the label doing this as long as they have no involvement with the Britney team which seems like that's the case. Hopefully they won't release anything major until Britney is released from her cship.

7 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

I'm not certain, but at the time of the release of B In The Mix, I think it was said that Britney hand-picked all the tracks. Like, she chose her favorite remixes. Again, I'm not sure.

Wasn’t she dancing in a studio to it back in the day or am I losing it?

As a record company it is smart to do this...these days to make it you have to release stuff consistently. I think they are trying to focus on Britney as an artist to keep her out there. 

Lets be real the longer she stays gone, the less ppl will care she is gone. She will get a little budget for future projects if she wants to do music. 

Success of Mood Ring? I mean, obviously It wasn't an official single, no video, no radio... But number 1 on itunes = nothing these days.

Songs sales from iTunes are weak, the real success it's the streaming, where MR did poorly. If RCA/ considered that a success they need to uptade their people now!

I still think her team has a hand on the releases. Maybe the idea comes from the label, but like with Mood Ring, that song was heavily promoted on Britney Instagram and that had nothing to do with RCA, it's her social media team (Britney team). The changed Glory cover sold as a "gift for fans", also promoted on Britney's Instagram, twitter, Facebook.

I'll wait to see If "Brit" will acknowledge the new song... Then we'll see If her team is behind this or not.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, PickleSpears said:

I knew it. Everyone who thought this was Team B trying to get a dime out of Britney can suck it. It was so clearly the label from the beginning and I don't blame them. They signed an artist that isn't working (which is fine) so they're getting creative with releases. And the fans have been loving it. So this makes total sense. Has from day one. People on here are so annoying about the c-ship and "Team Britney".

It's sad, but you are right until the part "has from day one". I think the fact that Britney is not working under the c-ship sends the message that she doesn't want to make money until she is free.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, David Rose said:

was mood ring really that successful though? like really, I cant imagine the label made much of anything from that release. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

13k copies of the song first week and it topped the pure sales chart. But since streams were very weak and the song wanst sent to the radios, it just charted on Bubbling Under 

1 hour ago, e-mailmyheart said:

It's sad, but you are right until the part "has from day one". I think the fact that Britney is not working under the c-ship sends the message that she doesn't want to make money until she is free.

But it's not about Britney making money, it's about her not working and about her label making money. Britney won't work which is totally fine if she doesn't want to but her label is releasing these songs to make some sort of money off a major artist and keep fans satisfied. We were really happy with the Mood Ring release so they kept goin.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:27 AM, Stannedforever said:

I don't even know which is more horrifying; her team milking her legacy with her or her label trying to milk her legacy without her :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

No one around her even cares about her as a person anymore. All they care is the money she's rakes in to everyone around her.

Well she has a contract with the label which she’s already been paid for so they need to find a way to make their money back while she’s not working. Also labels do this kinda thing all the time remember the The Essential Britney Spears collection and Oops I Did It Again: The Best Of Britney Spears those are the same kind of thing! 

On 11/20/2020 at 6:12 AM, Blackout2006 said:

This is basically what we (people who support buying vinyls of new releases) have been saying for a VERY VERY long TIME! The damage has already been done, because all the money taken in buying the vinyl is only going to UO and Sony because TeamCon already got their share, so whether we buy the record or not, money for TeamCon has still been taken :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

Her team didn’t get **** for this she didn’t even write the song, I bet Jamie doesn’t even know the song is being released! Labels release stuff without artists and their teams knowledge often, for example I bet Britney/her team has no idea The Essential Britney Spears compilation exists. Like I’ve said over and over this is RCA attempting to make money while she refuses to work, remember she has a contract with them that she’s already been paid for! 

• Like 1