Why Eminem is a Misogynist and a Homophobe and Why You Should Not Support Him

• Exhale+

This man has been forgiven far too many times for his homophobic lyrics. He hates nearly every female pop star and doesnt restrain from bashing them in his lyrics  (look at Mariah and Britney) and his songs are often calling for violence against gays. This article summed it all up and just how his (and many other hip hop artists') lyrics actually create huge violence against the groups he seemingly hates in his lyrics. I think LGTBQI+ should boycott Eminem as a brand as much as possible, we have been feeding into his fortune while he openly hated us this whole time. I know some gays support him a lot and I firmly believe those gays are closeted who desperately want to fit into the heteronormative world at all cost. 

https://www.jacksonkatz.com/publication/pub_eminem2/

Rather, one of the most damaging aspects of Eminem’s violent misogyny and homophobia is how normal and matter-of-fact this violence comes to seem. Rapping and joking about *** crimes have the effect of desensitizing people to the real pain and trauma suffered by victims and their loved ones. The process of desensitization to violence through repeated exposure in the media has been studied for decades. Among the effects: young men who have watched/listened to excessive amounts of fictionalized portrayals of men’s violence against women in mainstream media and ****ography have been shown to be more callous toward victims, less likely to believe their accounts of victimization, more willing to believe they were “asking for it,” and less likely to intervene in instances of “real-life” violence.

magazines with predominantly young female readership, like Cosmogirl and Teen People, now regularly feature “Em” on their covers, posed as a *** symbol, as an object of hetero***ual female desire. This is not simply the latest example of the star-making machinery of mass media constructing the “bad boy” as dangerously desirable to women. This sends a powerful message to girls that goes something like this: he doesn’t really hate and disrespect you. In fact, he loves you. He’s just misunderstood. It’s the hip hop version of Beauty and the Beast. You know, underneath that gruff exterior, between the lines of those nasty lyrics, lies a tender heart that has been hurt, a good man who just needs more love and understanding.

6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

This man has been forgiven far too many times for his homophobic lyrics. He hates nearly every female pop star and doesnt restrain from bashing them in his lyrics  (look at Mariah and Britney) and his songs are often calling for violence against gays. This article summed it all up and just how his (and many other hip hop artists') lyrics actually create huge violence against the groups he seemingly hates in his lyrics. I think LGTBQI+ should boycott Eminem as a brand as much as possible, we have been feeding into his fortune while he openly hated us this whole time. I know some gays support him a lot and I firmly believe those gays are closeted who desperately want to fit into the heteronormative world at all cost. 

https://www.jacksonkatz.com/publication/pub_eminem2/

Rather, one of the most damaging aspects of Eminem’s violent misogyny and homophobia is how normal and matter-of-fact this violence comes to seem. Rapping and joking about *** crimes have the effect of desensitizing people to the real pain and trauma suffered by victims and their loved ones. The process of desensitization to violence through repeated exposure in the media has been studied for decades. Among the effects: young men who have watched/listened to excessive amounts of fictionalized portrayals of men’s violence against women in mainstream media and ****ography have been shown to be more callous toward victims, less likely to believe their accounts of victimization, more willing to believe they were “asking for it,” and less likely to intervene in instances of “real-life” violence.

magazines with predominantly young female readership, like Cosmogirl and Teen People, now regularly feature “Em” on their covers, posed as a *** symbol, as an object of hetero***ual female desire. This is not simply the latest example of the star-making machinery of mass media constructing the “bad boy” as dangerously desirable to women. This sends a powerful message to girls that goes something like this: he doesn’t really hate and disrespect you. In fact, he loves you. He’s just misunderstood. It’s the hip hop version of Beauty and the Beast. You know, underneath that gruff exterior, between the lines of those nasty lyrics, lies a tender heart that has been hurt, a good man who just needs more love and understanding.

Are you writing this post from 1998? That is literally the last time this mattered. This is the oldest news and everyone is over it.

And whether you believe so or not, he is one of the greatest male rappers of our time and you can't ignorantly ignore the great/iconic songs and albums he has.
I have all of his albums.
He doesn't hate gays... this has been established thousands of times over the years. He did a song with Elton John for **** sakes.

Let's leave this topic in the late 90's as it should be.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+
2 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

Are you writing this post from 1998? That is literally the last time this mattered. This is the oldest news and everyone is over it.

And whether you believe so or not, he is one of the greatest male rappers of our time and you can't ignorantly ignore the great/iconic songs and albums he has.
I have all of his albums.
He doesn't hate gays... this has been established thousands of times over the years. He did a song with Elton John for **** sakes.

Let's not :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:. The fact he did a song with Elton John absolutely doesn't all of a sudden make him pro LGBT. You have examples of homophobes cooperating with the LGBT for money everywhere in the world (arab rulers and businessmen investing into LGBT in the West although they couldn't hate us more, but they very well know this will fill their pockets.) This is not a thing of the past at all, his lyrics are still filled with woman-hating and lgbt-hating (didn't he recently trash Cardi B?) If you wanna be a fan of his, by all means, do it. But do not convince everyone that Eminem is somehow a nice guy when facts and his past actions precede him. 

• Exhale+
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah why do people overhype this guy so much? tumblr_nhf83cTZOm1r8jjn6o1_500.gif

I like to think that world is filled with asshollles who like to choose one master asshoole and invest in him so he/she could represent their assshollery altogether :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Let's not :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:. The fact he did a song with Elton John absolutely doesn't all of a sudden make him pro LGBT. You have examples of homophobes cooperating with the LGBT for money everywhere in the world (arab rulers and businessmen investing into LGBT in the West although they couldn't hate us more, but they very well know this will fill their pockets.) This is not a thing of the past at all, his lyrics are still filled with woman-hating and lgbt-hating (didn't he recently trash Cardi B?) If you wanna be a fan of his, by all means, do it. But do not convince everyone that Eminem is somehow a nice guy when facts and his past actions precede him. 

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just saying this is a tired topic. Like is there nothing else to worry about in 2020?

This hasn't been relevant in 20 years. No one really cares. I feel like your pulling this out of the past to create some controversy. He doesn't even have new music out.

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
1 hour ago, Arthurfleck said:

He’s pure trash, filled with hate, just like Pink who was always putting people down ..but woke libs gave them a pass for whatever reason..

and his songs did not age well, there will be no legacy!

What? His songs have no legacy? See, you can dislike someone but still give them their props. Stan was a word that even made itself into the Oxford Dictionary, and he is a rap legend :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

didn't he recently trash Cardi B?

She deserves to be held accountable for actions she has done and admitted to, if we shouldn't support Eminem we shouldn't support Cardi B either. As long as it wasn't done in a misogynist/racist way, I don't see a problem with it.

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
26 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

He's the King of Rap, he's not overhyped. He's just excused for certain things while others would be cancelled. 

Obviously ik him as the king of rap but some of the stuff he says goes under the radar just because he is successful and a male 

• Love 1

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I'm not particularly a fan of his art, but I REALLY doubt boycotting him will have any impact on his career, he's not the first person that people have tried to cancel. There have been far worse people than eminem that people have tried to cancel, including XXXTENTACION who still has 40 million monthly listeners on Spotify despite the awareness that has been done regarding the domestic and mental abuse he inflicted on his ex-girlfriend who was pregnant at the time of the events. For R Kelly and Michael Jackson it's the same, there are still blind fans who don't care about any of the accusations. Cancelling is ineffective if the music is good.

To me, a painting or a song stands on it's own.
A very nice person might produce crap art.
You can separate a child from their parent.
Once a piece of art is born, it has a life of its own.
In the end, the art is not always the artist. They are separable to me.
Times change, norms change, and people change, too.
If we threw out all art whose creators didn't fit current political standards or whose creators were kunts, we would have precious little left.
If u are going to listen to music with this mindset, u arent going to listen to much sh*****t. The entertainment industry is full of degenerate rapists, racists and money hungry people anyway, if you don't want to support that kind of behavior well...stop supporting pop culture all together then. K-pop labels literally host training camps for future idols where they're enslaved for years. You are not in people's brain, some people may act like they're nice but maybe behind the scenes they are scums, who knows?