New BreatheHeavy Video! Should fans boycott Britney's new song "Swimming in the Stars?"

I’ve been a fan since BOMTs release. I’m not buying any new music. It’s not about the money. They’re doing these stupid releases to distract from what’s really going on: Britney’s lack of basic civil rights. Not everything is about money. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanna say that everyone can do whatever they want, but if you're gonna feel guilty about this or you're trying to make someone else feel guilty about this, let's just remember that we've all be

People should do whatever they want and leave the other side alone. We have fought over this for quite some time that I don’t see how bringing these topics up again help. Anyways, will make a drawing

Sorry, not sorry, but this attitude isn't good enough. Yes, ALL of us fans have contributed to the Conservatorship going the way it has by consuming Britney's Brand, whether that be buying her al

Posted Images

• Exhale+
3 hours ago, Alexanda said:

It's like she is in a circus, but she is the animal in the cage, not a person anymore. 

Yes, it's hard to refuse to listen to this song, yes, but at this point, i would be glad if she retires completely.

She has enough money, that's just not it.

Call me a fakefan, idc. 

Yeah apparently if you stan for 20+ years you become exempt from having to do the right thing. Apparently nobody can question you when you’ve reached a certain level of standom. 
Notice how my questions go unanswered. There’s so much hypocrisy going on around here.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yeah apparently if you stan for 20+ years you become exempt from having to do the right thing. Apparently nobody can question you when you’ve reached a certain level of standom. 
Notice how my questions go unanswered. There’s so much hypocrisy going on around here.  

He was right all the time. 

• Super Administrators
41 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I don't believe it's hypocrisy going around as much as it is people trying to understand what the gray area means and how to navigate through it. It'd be nice if this situation was black and white, but it just isn't. 

• Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Exhale+
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I don't believe it's hypocrisy going around as much as it is people trying to understand what the gray area means and how to navigate through it. It'd be nice if this situation was black and white, but it just isn't. 

I respectfully disagree. I believe it is black and white, and I’m seeing a lot of loose justifications being thrown around trying to make it seem like a nuanced issue. I find it interesting that whenever I try to dig deeper into some of the more superficial points being made, I’m ignored. It’s not that I’m trying to tell people what to do, I’m just trying to understand the logic but nobody is interested in that discussion; I suspect the reason my questions are uncomfortable is because the answers are ugly. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

It’s very much transparent. Here’s what is black and white: Britney has been exploited and has been held against her will for a decade. Her children were used as pawns to keep her in her restraints. Her father abused her son and now the world knows his true colors. Britney has never wanted any of this. When Britney was allowed to speak freely, she compared herself to being in prison except not knowing when she’ll be released. That was 11 years ago. Imagine how she feels now? That’s as black and white as it comes.  Nothing gray there. 

• Like 2

It definitely is a grey area.

I understand people’s reasoning for not wanting to support the song. I think otherwise. And that’s fine too.

If it were a new single or album being released after Britney has specially said the other week- that she doesn’t want to work or perform... then that’s different. This is a 4 year old song that never seen the light of day- getting a small release to obviously get RCA some sort of revenue. And obviously... for the fans. 

Swimming In The Stars isn’t going to put out the fire we have spent so long building. And whilst I feel it’s slightly dramatic arguing with fans that it is... I’m not going to judge you for choosing to boycott. We just need to all respect each other’s reasonings and do whichever feels best for you. 

I don't see it as a gray area tbh

But which person should we ask? Britney is not allowed to. 

No friends, no kids, no cellphone, no access to the world wide web, work? of course! But on the other hand: What's there to enjoy otherwise? 

I even would call it slavery at this point, because she is not working for herself, she is working for the people behind her. 

Has anyone see the Ashley-O Black Mirror episode? That's going on here. 

• Love 2
On 11/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, PokemonSpears said:

The thing is streaming DOES give them a lot of money, but not her new releases, especially this that is getting released without any big announcement.

The true streaming force in Britney's case comes from her older music, which is consumed by the general public.

Sorry if I was unclear. What I meant is that in general, streaming is a very minor piece of the problem. Otherwise, Britney would be fighting to take down all of her old music from Spotify, Apple Music, etc. and the general public is never going to stop using these platforms to listen to her old music. More to the point, streaming a new song is like saying a needle in a haystack is going to make the whole thing collapse.

Sorry for the terrible analogy, it's late :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

People should be free to do whatever they want to do. But, it would be cool if we show some kind of empathy with Britney, the person. Britney has always been treated as a product by the industry and media, and sometimes by her own fans. Let's be real, we all love Britney Spears, the music, the tours but let's take a moment to think about her current situation, and let's treat her as the person she is. She's been fighting for so long, she's expressed her opinion about her career at this point, and she does not want to work until she feels right to do it. 

Imagine you're Britney, and you've been struggling with everything Britney has... Imagine you don't want to work, so you don't make money for others. Would you feel ok with your fans buying the music / going against your plans? 

On 11/22/2020 at 12:36 AM, Alexanda said:

I don't see it as a gray area tbh

But which person should we ask? Britney is not allowed to. 

No friends, no kids, no cellphone, no access to the world wide web, work? of course! But on the other hand: What's there to enjoy otherwise? 

I even would call it slavery at this point, because she is not working for herself, she is working for the people behind her. 

Has anyone see the Ashley-O Black Mirror episode? That's going on here. 

Well, in the Black Mirror episode, her fans saved her. Imagine her fans would've decided to help her aunt.