New BreatheHeavy Video! Should fans boycott Britney's new song "Swimming in the Stars?"

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

No, those are your words.

What is the issue why people are slamming those that are buying or streaming the song? Because Britney said she's not performing as long as her father keeps in charge of her estate. So if that's the reason, then yes, it's valid that people can see it as unethical to support it (even though she wasn't forced to work in order to release this song, because this song was recorded, arguably, years ago, way before she was refusing to work) and it could be seen as her "team" stepping on Britney's wishes and a form of displaying that they have the final saying when it comes to her career and they can do whatever they want with or without her consent.

But then some people make it seem like it's about the money: you buy the song, they get the money, they keep releasing more stuff because people keep getting it. So when it's true they will make money from this, no one bats an eye at the hundreds of thousands of dollars they make monthly from YouTube (which as I've said a million times already, has increased a lot in views ever since the #FreeBritney movement started and peaks every time there's a hearing and the protests). Fans refraining from streaming isn't making anything, because her music keeps getting consumed by the general public, if not as much as the current artists, the fact that her most watched videos, BOMT and Toxic keep going strong in daily views shows they're not stopping anytime soon, and no boycott from the fans is doing a thing.

As I said, I only see people complaining about Swimming in the Stars, which hasn't even come out yet, just because of the timing of the last hearing. I don't see any movement demanding Spotify, Apple or YouTube to remove Britney's music from these platforms, I don't see any campaigns informing the general public not consume her music anymore, and that's where the real money is coming from for her team (and her).

So even if we all agreed to boycott this new song or any subsequent releases, the money machine is still running, and no one is doing anything about it.

So you're right, this is not about the money. It's about the ethical aspect of it, and if you are one of the few that have decided not to consume the song, I applaud you because you have to have a lot of strength to suppress the fan in you and not listen to this (because I'm sure you won't download it illegally either, because again, it's not about the money, but the fact that they're releasing something without her consent, and listening to it without paying would still be wrong anyway).

Happy Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanna say that everyone can do whatever they want, but if you're gonna feel guilty about this or you're trying to make someone else feel guilty about this, let's just remember that we've all be

People should do whatever they want and leave the other side alone. We have fought over this for quite some time that I don’t see how bringing these topics up again help. Anyways, will make a drawing

Sorry, not sorry, but this attitude isn't good enough. Yes, ALL of us fans have contributed to the Conservatorship going the way it has by consuming Britney's Brand, whether that be buying her al

Posted Images

• Super Moderators
1 minute ago, britneyluv said:

No, you are misunderstanding. Britney is not a slave, and I think she would be offended to be referred to one since she has said on numerous occasions she hates the perception that she is a victim in any way. 

I think what @PokemonSpears is trying to say is that streaming SWTS is not in conflict with Britney boycotting her father and refusing to work. Britney has never said she does not want her fans to enjoy her music that she has already recorded, but rather that she does not want to do any future work while her father is in charge of her conservatorship. It's comparing apples and oranges. 

Streaming is not where the money is. Performing, endorsements, etc. is where the money comes in. By refusing to do these things, she is giving a big eff you to her father by hurting him where it really counts. Britney has already had several big wins - Lou is gone, the court documents are being unsealed so we can see what Britney truly desires, and the independent trust company she asked to be appointed was approved. 

Boycotting one single that was already recorded and that most people don't even know about is missing the forest for the trees. We need to look at the bigger picture and streaming SWTS is not going to make any difference in keeping Jamie on board or not. 

The thing is streaming DOES give them a lot of money, but not her new releases, especially this that is getting released without any big announcement.

The true streaming force in Britney's case comes from her older music, which is consumed by the general public.

• Love 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Exhale+
24 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So even if we all agreed to boycott this new song or any subsequent releases, the money machine is still running, and no one is doing anything about it

My point stands. Some of us are trying to do something about it. We can’t implement a mandatory embargo so of course she’ll continue to make money. That does not make it ok to contribute to it because any amount is too much. Just because people dump trash in the ocean doesn’t mean you shouldn’t recycle. It’s a matter of principle. 

I understand that the money machine will continue regardless but can you clarify how you think that should affect folks decisions to support the song or not. 

26 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So you're right, this is not about the money. It's about the ethical aspect of it, and if you are one of the few that have decided not to consume the song, I applaud you because you have to have a lot of strength to suppress the fan in you

Huh? It’s 100% about the money, that’s the whole point. The only reason to not pirate the song is to not deny her earnings, but she’s not seeing a dime either way, so there’s no moral quandary IMO. 

• Exhale+
48 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Streaming is not where the money is. Performing, endorsements, etc. is where the money comes in

Even if this were true, can you specify what amount or % of money would be enough for it to be problematic? For me, contributing even a penny is a penny too much. For you, apparently morals only kick in after a certain amount of money is on the table. How much, in your opinion, should her fan base be willing to fork over before the whole “civil liberties” thing makes things uncomfy? 

• Like 1
  • Super Moderators

Oh another thread about boycotting? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It's always the flop fans, the fake fans, and the ones who weren't there from the very beginning, those who have only been a fan for a few years, the Circus stans, the Femme Fatale stans, the ones who own the least amount of Britney tingz, the ones who have invested the least amount of money, time, and effort for Britney - that are the loudest and the bravest and the ones who have the audacity to call out OG stans (how dare they) about boycotting. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

As for me, i'll be enjoying and supporting Britney's music and her career AS I ALWAYS HAVE. From the very beginning. And no, I still don't support the conservatorship and i'm all for #FreeBritney and yes you can be both.

Oh and I don't stream her music either so don't even try it with me. Cause unlike most flop fans, I actually own her music in both physical AND digital AND in multiple versions. When will the flop fans? :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: In fact, I have always been open in this forum that i'm not big on streaming unlike the Gen Z-ers who are the loudest about boycotting while simultaneously owning the least amount of Britney albums and have only been in the fandom for a few years thinking they're bigger than OG fans like me? Eww? Please. And yes, I do judge new fans especially when they're obnoxious and problematic because I will not let somebody who hasn't been around since the very beginning LIKE MYSELF, and have all her albums, VCDs, DVDs LIKE MYSELF, and have bought most of her perfumes LIKE MYSELF - tell me [me?!] what to do. No ma'am. Who do you think you are and where have you been all this time?

Can't wait to buy "Swimming in the Stars". I'd love to get the vinyl too but I don't own a vinyl player so a digital copy would be just fine. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Also, please support our new japanese single, Better, now out on all digital and streaming platforms worldwide.

#BuyTWICEBetterOniTunes 

• Love 5

🦄 💛🧡💜

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Oh another thread about boycotting? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It's always the flop fans, the fake fans, and the ones who weren't there from the very beginning, those who have only been a fan for a few years, the Circus stans, the Femme Fatale stans, the ones who own the least amount of Britney tingz, the ones who have invested the least amount of money, time, and effort for Britney - that are the loudest and the bravest and the ones who have the audacity to call out OG stans (how dare they) about boycotting. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

As for me, i'll be enjoying and supporting Britney's music and her career AS I ALWAYS HAVE. From the very beginning. And no, I still don't support the conservatorship and i'm all for #FreeBritney and yes you can be both.

Oh and I don't stream her music either so don't even try it with me. Cause unlike most flop fans, I actually own her music in both physical AND digital AND in multiple versions. When will the flop fans? :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: In fact, I have always been open in this forum that i'm not big on streaming unlike the Gen Z-ers who are the loudest about boycotting while simultaneously owning the least amount of Britney albums and have only been in the fandom for a few years thinking they're bigger than OG fans like me? Eww? Please. And yes, I do judge new fans especially when they're obnoxious and problematic because I will not let somebody who hasn't been around since the very beginning LIKE MYSELF, and have all her albums, VCDs, DVDs LIKE MYSELF, and have bought most of her perfumes LIKE MYSELF - tell me [me?!] what to do. No ma'am. Who do you think you are and where have you been all this time?

Can't wait buy "Swimming in the Stars". I'd love to get the vinyl too but I don't own a vinyl player so a digital copy would be just fine. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Also, please support our new japanese single, Better, now out on all digital and streaming platforms worldwide.

#BuyTWICEBetterOniTunes 

Well said gurl!!! Really tired of these boycott threads.  I feel boycotting would actually do more harm than good anyway.  It's already hard enough for Britney to get attention from her label.... they rarely ever promote her.. I haven't seen a single ad for her last few albums since Circus, whereas you see 'lesser thans' plastered everywhere. If she doesn't have sales/spins/views/etc. then her label will see her as irrelevant and just holding on to her for legacy purposes because she's still a money maker in other ways. Also, thanks to Jamie her fortune has already been drained quite a bit and he's using it against her to fight her in court. So supporting her music is a great way she can make money while continuing to refuse to perform.

Don't hate me, I do stream though lol.

I've never heard of TWICE! That song is a BOP!  I'm gonna have to watch their other vids now :D

• Love 3
  • Super Moderators
10 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Well said gurl!!! Really tired of these boycott threads.  I feel boycotting would actually do more harm than good anyway.  It's already hard enough for Britney to get attention from her label.... they rarely ever promote her.. I haven't seen a single ad for her last few albums since Circus, whereas you see 'lesser thans' plastered everywhere. If she doesn't have sales/spins/views/etc. then her label will see her as irrelevant and just holding on to her for legacy purposes because she's still a money maker in other ways. Also, thanks to Jamie her fortune has already been drained quite a bit and he's using it against her to fight her in court. So supporting her music is a great way she can make money while continuing to refuse to perform.

Don't hate me, I do stream though lol.

I've never heard of TWICE! That song is a BOP!  I'm gonna have to watch their other vids now :D

I don't judge. Unless they come for OG stans cause that's what annoys me the most. Like, biiiieeechhhh whoooo do you think you are? :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: Respect your seniors. The ones who made Britney happen the longest and the reason she still even has a career so they can discover her and her music at later years. If not for us, Britney would not even have lasted until the Femme Fatale and Glory era for these new stans to discover and stan.  :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I have friends who are pro-boycott like my legal first husband @C0CKy and my other fave @Dark.Knight (may he continue to save Gotham wherever he may be), but they don't come for people who still choose to support her music. They're not loud and obnoxious like that and are actually very level headed. When will these flop and fake and new and Circus and Femme Fatale stans? Couldn't be us cause were Britney era stans, Jenny gurl. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I don't and won't hate you. Haha! And thank you for listening to the song! It is a bop! Now listen to our other single released a few weeks ago.

This one is in Korean cause 'Better' is our japanese single. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Can't wait to buy "Swimming in the Stars". I'd love to get the vinyl too but I don't own a vinyl player so a digital copy would be just fine. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

#BuyTWICEBetterOniTunes 

Sis went OFF! Nothing but facts though :checkit_sipping_drinking_spill_tea:  It’s always the fake fans who feel like they speak for the entire fan base and make the rules. News Flash: Britney’s true fan base was here way before them and will be here when they decide to leave. It’s not about the conservatorship, it’s not about Jamie or Jamie Lynn, it’s not about all of the other bs out there. It’s about supporting your so called favorite artist no matter what. I’ve supported Britney from the beginning and will continue to do so until the day I die. Because I’m a day one Britney stan :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 2

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

• Super Moderators
29 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

It’s always the fake fans who feel like they speak for the entire fan base and make the rules. News Flash: Britney’s true fan base was here way before them and will be here when they decide to leave. 

Period. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Like, they really think they can just enter this fanbase, call themselves "stans" just like that and then tell us what to do and cry when they see people buying the vinyls? Eww? I can't imagine being that pressed about what somebody does with their money. My stan card is already so worn out from fighting so many battles and having gone through so many album cycles. They could never. I can even smell the shiny new plastic that is their stan card so they should take a few seats if i were them. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 3

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Period. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Like, they really think they can just enter this fanbase, call themselves "stans" just like that and then tell us what to do and cry when they see people buying the vinyls? Eww? I can't imagine being that pressed about what somebody does with their money. My stan card is already so worn out from fighting so many battles and having gone through so many album cycles. They could never. I can even smell the shiny new plastic that is their stan card so they should take a few seats if i were them. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

If they want to support our Queen, then support her. If they don’t, then don’t. But what they’re not going to do is be rude and attack other fans for not doing what they want or what they think is right. Like, bish who is you? Once you’ve got your 20+ years badge then maybe we can talk. Most won’t make it that far though :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 2

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

• Super Moderators
7 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Like, bish who is you? Once you’ve got your 20+ years badge then maybe we can talk. Most won’t make it that far though 

Which is difficult to get, not everybody has that to their credit. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Super Administrators
10 hours ago, Roxxy said:

#BuyTWICEBetterOniTunes 

Hey again queen :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: Points were made :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

• Love 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

16 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, but then why is only this single a problem, when everyday her entire catalog is getting consumed / streamed by the masses, and that's what really is making the whole conservatorship go on.

I don't see protesters demanding her music to be removed from streaming services, I don't see protesters going to the music stores and burning her albums so no one buys them. I only see fans attacking other fans, while the general public keeps playing all of her songs completely oblivious of the situation. If fans don't buy those vinyls, collectors and resellers will. If fans stop streaming her music, the general public will keep doing so.

Yes, we can't ignore Britney's situation, but blaming or shaming a fan for enjoying a new song, when her music is what most likely make them a fan in the first place, is not helping either.

Britney's legal existence, civil liberties and human rights' situation, is not defined by Swimming in the Stars. This song which will be lucky if charts in the Bubbling Under is just one droplet in an ocean of music, and perfumes, and everything she has under her brand which is what is actually making money for her handlers, AND for Britney herself.

If Britney stops making money for music, like, if magically all of her music was vanished from the internet and physical stores, and she's refusing to perform, and everything else is getting boycotted, where is she gonna get her money from? Her fortune will be rapidly consumed between lawyers, the maintenance of those mansions, the monthly pay for Kevin and the kids, the trips, etc.

Maybe her fortune will still last a lifetime, that's not the problem. The thing is, the conservatorship won't automatically end just because she stops making money from music, because for Jamie and co. there will always be the potential to earn control over her estate, and put her music back again on sale and streaming, and keep making money with her image. Heck, maybe Jamie's intentions aren't even the money, but just having the control over Britney's life, rich or poor.

So I totally get that part about doing what is ethical, about not ignoring a situation that is happening with Britney, but if we're gonna judge someone for a particular thing like consuming this new song, then let's look at the entire picture, and let's evaluate how much damage each thing is really doing, because the conservatorship has existed and will still exist before, after or despite this song.

If you look at the Youtube stats, the highest peaks this year have been exactly around the most important hearings. How do we feel that because of all these protests and all the noise the #FreeBritney movement has done, and the media coverage that has followed, we've actually giving her team more money from streaming, than what they got in years prior? Doesn't it suck that by doing a good thing like spreading the word about this situation, we're actually feeding the very money machine we're complaining about? And again, they're making more money out of the current Youtube views than what they'll make with this new release. But people are just choosing to ignore this part, and I don't think that's fair either.

So in the end, it's just about, do whatever you think is right, and let the others burn in hell if you think they deserve it by supporting this. But also be aware of the consequences of what you're doing too, directly and indirectly, let's think twice before pointing fingers and others and analyze how much damage we've actually done to the situation, and how much damage this will make in comparison, and see if they really deserved to be criticized so badly as some people have been doing.

If you're a fan and you're on here, you know enough to not support the brand.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

If you're a fan and you're on here, you know enough to not support the brand.

It's like she is in a circus, but she is the animal in the cage, not a person anymore. 

Yes, it's hard to refuse to listen to this song, yes, but at this point, i would be glad if she retires completely.

She has enough money, that's just not it.

Call me a fakefan, idc. 

• Love 1
  • Super Administrators
22 hours ago, Ivmusic said:

If she took the time and energy to recording vocals or her fan base  for a track that she chose to record because she felt a connection in the track and resonates with her personally then I don’t see any reason not to support swimming.... if it had Myah vocals all over it then that would be a different story and her heart wasn’t into it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Interesting point :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Super Administrators
21 hours ago, mihai.serban said:

I will listen to her music because I can't wait to hear her in a different aspect. I am so excited that several times a day I check for any news regarding this song. 

But, the only way I'll be listening will be via youtube. 

Thank you for the options and keep doing it!

Here you go :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Haha 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙