This Day in Pop: Britney releases In the Zone album in 2003 (November 12)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On November 12, 2003, Britney Spears released In the Zone, her fourth studio album, in the UK and Italy. It was released on November 18 in the United States. The album showed a more mature sound and i

On November 18, I was with my best friend on our way to Kmart to get our copies of In The Zone  We listened to the CD on the way home and we both instantly freaked out over Toxic and said it was going

Wooo Lordy, November is a big month for Britney it seems!  What is there to say? I stanned since Oops... and there is no slumps here. Queen delivered masterpiece after masterpiece and they have m

Posted Images

• Super Moderators

A week after it's global release, i dropped by the mall to buy the album but they didn't have it yet. I had to find a record store close by the mall to get a copy. Long story short, I got mine at this small irrelevant record store.

Lesson: record stores are legit. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

I know Im in minority but I dont think this is her best album, I only used Brave New Girl and Shadow. Most of the album was about *** and self service. Id rather have songs like Alien about suicidal thoughts million times over over ***. for millionth time. Doesnt matter who is serving who lol. I get her idea of empowering women, but if relationship is all *** is empty. Thats how I felt about that album. Overrated as hell.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sweetkiss said:

I know Im in minority but I dont think this is her best album, I only used Brave New Girl and Shadow. Most of the album was about *** and self service. Id rather have songs like Alien about suicidal thoughts million times over over ***. for millionth time. Doesnt matter who is serving who lol. I get her idea of empowering women, but if relationship is all *** is empty. Thats how I felt about that album. Overrated as hell.

Blasphemous! :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked::howdareyou_meme_cat::plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised::fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I was 12 years old when it was released and my parents told me they wouldn’t buy me the album because I was too young and she was too ‘adult’ now. My parents were still shocked over the VMA’s apparently.

I didn’t have the album until June 2004 when I was staying with my grandma in Puerto Rico. She barely speaks english so it was a perfect time to get her to buy the album for me where I would play it in her car whenever we had to drive anywhere :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:

Incredibly, 17 years later, the album still sounds fresh, modern, and legendaric!

My favorites are:

EARLY MORNIN

TOUCH OF MY HAND

But lets be real, every track on this album is perfect

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Moderators

I still have my newspaper clipping the day this was released. It was an entire page :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: and my original copy still in perfect condition. It has an ad inside from Walmart to download the bonus tracks :queenie_falling_dying_dead: but I didn’t get them until I bought my ITZ DVD :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 3

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Super Moderators

I also remember having my mom press the pedal to the metal from school when she performed on TRL cause back then these were events you couldn’t catch later :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: and then imagine how shooketh I was that we got deep Voiceney singing live :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 4

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻