This Day in Pop: Britney releases In the Zone album in 2003 (November 12)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On November 12, 2003, Britney Spears released In the Zone, her fourth studio album, in the UK and Italy. It was released on November 18 in the United States. The album showed a more mature sound and i

On November 18, I was with my best friend on our way to Kmart to get our copies of In The Zone  We listened to the CD on the way home and we both instantly freaked out over Toxic and said it was going

Wooo Lordy, November is a big month for Britney it seems!  What is there to say? I stanned since Oops... and there is no slumps here. Queen delivered masterpiece after masterpiece and they have m

Posted Images

• Exhale+
7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

A fan favorite album, it's sold over 7M copies worldwide. In 2019, it was sold as a vinyl for the first time through Urban Outfitters.

12 million copies WW not 7 million :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Those were the certified figures of 2004 :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 2

Under my Umbrella-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+

Wooo Lordy, November is a big month for Britney it seems! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

What is there to say? I stanned since Oops... and there is no slumps here. Queen delivered masterpiece after masterpiece and they have mostly aged very well.
From Touch Of My Hand (because playing with ones self never goes out of fashion) to Breathe On Me (pop girls wish they had a track like this) to Toxic (one of the most revered pop songs from this side of the millennium, but perhaps in pop music history).

Legendary album from the last pop artist that deserved the Legend title. And all with only her 4th studio album :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

For the millionth time: they don’t make ‘em like they used to :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 8

Might I freak ya out, 'magine if I work ya out 😛

ITZ is just her perfect album. It’s so Britney and it’s my favourite era ever. She was so confident and ****. 

Looking back at those interviews though I can’t help but feel like the cracks had started to show and I feel her vibe was a little bit over it. She loved her music and what she had created but she already said she wanted to be more involved with the production of her next album (ITZ wasn’t even out yet). I feel like she got bored by ITZ. I think the whole Justin split made her lose her spirit and she was starting to get lonely. Compared to Britney in 2001 and 2003 she looks so sad deep down. I never really noticed it until looking back :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

On November 18, I was with my best friend on our way to Kmart to get our copies of In The Zone :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: We listened to the CD on the way home and we both instantly freaked out over Toxic and said it was going to be a smash hit :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud: I miss those days. I miss when Britney was free and I look forward to her getting free soon.

They also had a big In The Zone promo poster up by the CD's that we ended up stealing :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 7
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

ITZ is just her perfect album. It’s so Britney and it’s my favourite era ever. She was so confident and ****. 

Looking back at those interviews though I can’t help but feel like the cracks had started to show and I feel her vibe was a little bit over it. She loved her music and what she had created but she already said she wanted to be more involved with the production of her next album (ITZ wasn’t even out yet). I feel like she got bored by ITZ. I think the whole Justin split made her lose her spirit and she was starting to get lonely. Compared to Britney in 2001 and 2003 she looks so sad deep down. I never really noticed it until looking back :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I think she was sad still about her breakup with Justin and I think maybe she was starting to get sick of all the fame

• Like 3