Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:09 AM, PickleSpears said:

You think she's sitting around her big mansion in LA without a smart phone? Or any other way to make a video herself? Girl... How do you think she's in contact with her lawyers, morse code? Messenger pigeons? How do you think she's making these IG videos? Get a grip. My point was that if she was really against this release she could easily make a video and say something but she doesn't care. She could even use Sam's phone.

Lame reasoning, she can’t contact her lawyer any time she wish. I guess he visits her or book a call in advance with her team. She does not have access to a phone like that. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's exciting to listen something new by Britney, of course. And I got all the hype from the snipped but I'm not going to support it. The whole release and timing is disgusting and I'm not going to bu

The point isn't to cut Britney off from any income imagine if everybody stopped buying everything from Britney? she'd suffer the most Just sayin' :-) this doesn't seem like a good

THIS. I will always support her, Britney. But I will not support Britney Spears (the brand) for obvious reasons until everything is in a better place/situation for her.

Posted Images

On 11/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, Scrappy said:

Eff this. Enjoy your old music and your old art. I’ll come back when you guys actually want to Stan the living artist and her future ambitions. I’ll wait for the real Ms. Britney Spears while you guys drool over your bread crumbs.

so beautifully put. thank you.

by supporting these releases you are all actively perpetuating the current state that Britney is in, a state where she refuses to put out new music.

Britney is going to remain in this conservatorship and will never put out new music if you all keep this up, so I hope you all enjoy only getting photo outtakes and unreleased singles once every few years for the rest of your lives

• Love 3
On 11/12/2020 at 2:13 AM, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

But you'll still be listening to Britney Spears, just illegally. Where's your morality then? It doesn't make sense to call for boycotting the brand and then hide at home still listening to her. As it was already mentioned, if you're going to boycott the machine, either you are all in or all out. There's no mid ground there. 

I'm not looking at it through a financial lens here but through a moral one. Why? Because those claiming to boycott the brand will continue to listen to her music ILLEGALLY but at the same time will point the finger at the people doing the same thing but legally. That includes CDs as well btw. Do you see the hypocrisy there? 

Whether you'll listen to her music, legally or illegally, is your own choice. Just don't think you're a social justice warrior that can parade around blaming people left and right that they're contributing to the cship just because they're listening to her music LEGALLY and you're doing the same thing ILLEGALLY or from a CD you BOUGHT years ago. It's hypocritical and pathetic. Reminds me of this new cancel/twitter stan culture. It's toxic. 

Do whatever you want to and mind your business. Nobody's asking for your moral judgement especially when you're not that innocent yourself. 

P. S. That's not an attack on you personally. xx

I'm sorry, I don't see it that way. I'm enjoying her music without giving a cent to Lou or Jamie. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Exhale+

New Britney music and the fan base is imploding!  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:   :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:   :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

Half of us Love it!  :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Half of us Hate it!  :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:
The constant bit ching will never end!  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Even a Maya Jean tease!  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:   :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

Just a typical day on Exhale!  :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

And you know Jordan is getting those coins from all the traffic these past few days, you go Gurl!  :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

If you can't say I LOVE YOU, then say nothing at all...

On 11/14/2020 at 6:37 AM, Newrie said:

Lame reasoning, she can’t contact her lawyer any time she wish. I guess he visits her or book a call in advance with her team. She does not have access to a phone like that. 

You think her team is booking calls and visits with the lawyers that are fighting against them? That doesn't make sense. Anyway this thread is like a month so I don't care anymore lol. 

14 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Half of us Love it!  :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Half of us Hate it!  :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:
The constant bit ching will never end!

I think most of us love SITS and think matches is okay. Some are disappointed with the over processed and ghost vocals, but it doesn’t bother me I love sits.

we hate Britney being exploited and the fake narrative that this rerelease was her idea, yea. There is a divide on that part.

14 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Time to bump. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

girl don’t pickle, Geralt, and all them look foolish now :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: 

lol remember when it was just the sits vinyl release through UO and all the team con supporters were saying Britney’s team was gonna get no money :clownery_makeup_meme:

And we said it was gonna snowball and now it’s a major album rerelease 😂 yea this was all planned yeaaarss ago it has nothing to do with the freebritney saga. Team Con is doing this as a secret Santa for fans free of charge :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 1
On 11/11/2020 at 2:46 PM, A.a.A said:

THIS IS NOT how streaming works.
Artists make 0.13 cents per stream. Then the writers, producers and people who make the song get a cut, then Spotify (or whatever service) takes the rest. Her team makes no money off of streaming music. She makes no money off of streaming music.

All you guys are doing with the "boycott" of her songs is making sure the writers and producers don't get paid during a pandemic. We should re-think what we are boycotting.

She didn't ask you not to stream her music, she said she refuses to perform. Performing is what makes money. I respect this part, since it makes sense logically.

With this release, the label is either contractually obligated to release something or UO already bought the release rights and in which case Britney's team has already been paid and you are now boycotting a company (UO) that has done nothing wrong.

Where did you heard that artists makes 0.13 cents per streams? That's completely false, dude. First of all, spotify's payment is not per one stream, but by 1000 streams pack. Second, the payment varies every month due to a lot  of variables. by every stream you got, it's a royalty you have. Simply math here: the artist will receive the percentage of its royalties compared to all royalts emitted in that month, and that percentage is a cut from spotify' profit that month (by signatures and advertising). Here's an example: Spotify made 1 million dollar this december, and it pays 60% of it to the royalties (this 60% is the only thing specified previously to the artists, but idk the real percentage, its just an example). There are only Lady Gaga and Mariah Carey on the platform. Lady Gaga got  1000 streams, while Mariah got 200.000.000 at the period. So the total royaties are 200.001.000. Doing some math, you see Lady Gaga has 0.00005% of the royalties, multipling that by 600k dollars, she will receive 3 dollars by that 1000 streams, and obviously this 3 dollars are going to be splitted with a lot of people involved with the song (not only songwritters and producers). As you see, streaming (mainly in Spotify) is not lucrative at all (Taylor Swift didn't want to put her music there for years for no reason). Things got slightly better, but unless you're Ariana Grande with your 4b streams per year, no artist will get rich by Spotify payment. YouTube for example, is a free platform and pays a lot more. The main goal for an artist by adding songs on Spotify is because its the biggest streaming platform and you'll need it if you want your releases to be relevant (of course if you're Beyonce you wont need it, but even she did after a while). Anyway, no one except for spotify or record labels or ariana grande makes actual money on spotify, so no crying about this that the songwritters will die of hunger cause fans are boycotting spears' releases. That's just not real.

Imagine how amazing this release could of been, knowing that a month earlier a judge granted Britneys wishes and her dad was removed and we was even closer to Britneys freedom!! :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Hearing SITS, when thinking about the circumstances is actually tragic and extremely sad. Its such a beautiful track, she sounds absolutely great on it , yet she is still confined to her lonely mansion, no control, no custody, just sitting there waiting until the day she is free.. shes probably ripped up asf that she cant enjoy this positive reaction to her music, with her fans. 

:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I bought it and will continue to listen to her music legally. I don’t steal from the artists I love :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

if you have been a fan you should already own her music. why would you need to buy it again? I own all of her CD's and most vinyl from the past.

• Super Moderators
5 minutes ago, Kevney said:

if you have been a fan you should already own her music. why would you need to buy it again? I own all of her CD's and most vinyl from the past.

No I didn’t own SITS and yes I own her albums, but it’s not feasible for me to transfer them to my phone since my Mac isn’t outdated. It doesn’t have a CD slot. Anyways, what I do is my business and what you do is your business. You brought up rude mods in the other thread so why do you feel the need to quote to correct me? Are you trying to get a rise out of me to prove a point? Do you and I’ll do me 

• Like 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻