Jump to content

Little Mix's new album 'Confetti' out now - stream + comment party!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm now on track 10 and i think this is the poppiest record in a long time. I'm getting the cheesy pop hooks of Get Weird but it's more polished and more mature.  It's a good album. I think i li

Britney Jean?! i'm dead  

Not Jade re-creating one of the times Little Mix got through to the next week on X factor  Also the LOOKS  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

I thought it'd be available for listening but it isn't for another 4 hours in my country!!!! Was hoping they'd upload it to YouTube like Kylie did. NOOOOOO I HAVE TO WAIT LONGER!! Come On Reaction GIF

Oh my god :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

It’s worth the wait I promise, my new favourite Little Mix album!

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post
4 minutes ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

It is already my favorite album and I havn't even listend to it all! But the singles alone are crazy good and the hype for the reste of the album is inssane! What are your favorite/stand out tracks???

 

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Honestly I love every song! I do think most of the strongest came out! It’s such a cohesive and solid pop album!

my faves:

Sweet Melody, Confetti, BUS, Happiness, Gloves Up, A Mess, rendezvous, breathe, nothing but my feelings...

I could name them all :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

people seem to love Gloves Up the most from what I’m seeing online!

their voices are beautiful in the ballad, it’s not my favourite ballad of theirs but I appreciate their vocals and how stripped back it is - it’d be INCREDIBLE live!

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the album!

 

  • Love 1

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I’m so proud of them and even more excited for my confetti merch to arrive :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

how do you rank it out of the albums you’ve heard?

I'd love a tank with the Confetti album for the gym, I'd feel hella hot. 

I believe this is by far their best. 8.5/10 and their last album before that is 7.5/10 

I presume everything else before that is dated, although I love Black Magic and Power. :thelook_pissed_mad_judging_bow_blue_cheerleader_judging:

  • Love 1
Link to post
18 minutes ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

It is already my favorite album and I havn't even listend to it all! But the singles alone are crazy good and the hype for the reste of the album is inssane! What are your favorite/stand out tracks???

 

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

As much as I love bops like Sweet Melody and Confetti, I just feel Break Up Song has longevity for me. It's such an earnest track that's so relatable. I feel my heart burst each and every time. 

giphy.gif 

Gloves Up should be the next single. It's such an anthem.

Put cha put cha gloves up boy you betta put em high

57c7c652e614f935bb6f7003b6292cf65e5b6bc9

  • Love 2
Link to post
17 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I'd love a tank with the Confetti album for the gym, I'd feel hella hot. 

I believe this is by far their best. 8.5/10 and their last album before that is 7.5/10 

I presume everything else before that is dated, although I love Black Magic and Power. :thelook_pissed_mad_judging_bow_blue_cheerleader_judging:

Best album of 2020 yup :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I enjoy all of their albums! You’ll enjoy Get Weird, so many great bops!

  • Love 1

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post

1. Break Up Song: Classic Little Mix. It's very 80s yet still very timeless. The vocals are *Chef's Kiss* It still feels fresh after all these months. I was unsure of how it would work as an album opener but it actually sets up the album really well. (10/10)

2. Holiday: The song feels a tad generic to me, but its not bad. It kinda grew on me. Perrie's post chorus saves the whole song. (7/10)

3. Sweet Melody: Pop perfection. On the first listen I thought it was just ok but the chorus was imprinted in my mind and it grew on me since. The production is amazing and Jade's F5 is great. Very reminiscent of Touch (even down to the line distribution). (10/10)

4. Confetti: I was addicted on first listen. It is Little Mix meets 7 rings. I was expecting something more pop oriented but this was 100 times better. The production is immaculate and I am in love with Jade's phrased E5. (10/10)

5. Happiness: I loved this song on first listen as well. I love how dramatic the classical instruments are as they build up to a house inspired chorus. And the lyrics are also pretty decent. The only thing I wish it had was a proper bridge. (9.5/10)

6. Not A Pop Song: A very nice midtempo. I feel like it fits in sonically with the record but not thematically considering that this album is comprised of pop songs. It probably would've fit better on LM5. Nevertheless it has great lyrics and is overall a well constructed.... pop song. (8/10)

7. Nothing But My Feelings: I love how subtle and direct the lyrics are at the same time. It's a fun song though I feel like some parts are overproduced and they could've layed off the autotune. (8.5/10)

8. Gloves Up: AN ANTHEM!!! This song feels like an event. Perrie and Leigh were singing their ****s off in the chorus. And Jade came through with her falsetto. The song is in SEVERE need of a bridge though; it ends to soon. (9.5/10)

9. A Mess (Happy 4 U): I guess this is the first "lull" (I use the word lightly). It has a nice chorus and Jade's pre chorus is the best part of the song. But the song is extremely overproduced, and after wanting a real bridge for half of these songs we finally got one and... it was NOT it. (6.5/10)

10. My Love Won't Let You Down: The song has a nice sentiment, yet I feel like it's lacking something. Like They just through a ballad on the record because they were expected too. And there shouldn't be any autotune on a piano ballad. Who thought that was a good idea? (6.5/10)

11. Rendezvous: This song is HOT! I love the ****** energy. The production is great and doesn't take away from the sensual vibe of the song. It kinda gives me Rihanna vibes. (10/10)

12. If You Want My Love: I love the throwback energies of this track. We got a great bridge for the first time since Break Up Song. Only criticism is that sometimes the "IF YOU WANT MY LOVE!" chant can sometimes feel a tad heavy handed (9/10)

13. Breathe: A refreshing closer. I love the transition from the extremely strong preceding track to something more ethereal. The chorus is great. And their vocals make the song feel personal and emotive despite the use of multiple lyrical clichés. Despite the album not having any theme or story I feel as if I've come full circle. (9.5/10)

This was a great album. Definitely worth the wait; all the girls got to shine. The record feels oddly nostalgic of old Little Mix while simultaneously pushing them in new directions. It has the cheesiness of DNA, harmonies of Salute, choruses of Get Weird, vocals of Glory Days, and the maturity of LM5. With this album Little Mix has finished the work that LM5 started of transitioning them from any regular girl group to 4 mature young women who come together to become a singular ARTIST. (8.8/10)

  • Love 3
Link to post

I like absolute fierceness and attitude Glory Days and LM5 have, but Confetti is incredible too in its own right.

I still am listening. So far I got impression its more celebration album, like every song is what you play at your girls party and sing your hearts out and dance.

I like the energy, and Sweet Melody sounds less basic in the context of the album.  Only problem is typical pop bop formula, nothing kinda fresh or too new (so far), but solid. I think its album that broadens their audience. 

  • Love 1
Link to post

IT'S A BOP! One of their best albums to date. Confetti is definitely sitting up there between the Holy Trinity of theirs. Although it does not bring anything 'new' it is a cohesive and solid album. I mean that the pop sound is not new for them. Anyway, ladies and producers and everyone involved made sure that it works. My faves are Holiday, Sweet Melody, Confetti, Happiness, Gloves Up, Rendezvous, If You Want My Love and Breathe.  My Love Won't Let You Down is beautiful too. Great album! No boring song. A true masterpiece. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: Just beautiful work. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff::onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

  • Love 1
Link to post
 9 hours ago, sutramaya said:

Confetti is FIYAHHHHHHH! This is their best album so far. And I have to admit this: Confetti and DISCO cured my disappointments with an album released last week. I'm abusing the replay button since last night. Working from home feels so much better now!

UGH YESSS :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I'm so happy too!

7 hours ago, Deyonce said:

1. Break Up Song: Classic Little Mix. It's very 80s yet still very timeless. The vocals are *Chef's Kiss* It still feels fresh after all these months. I was unsure of how it would work as an album opener but it actually sets up the album really well. (10/10)

2. Holiday: The song feels a tad generic to me, but its not bad. It kinda grew on me. Perrie's post chorus saves the whole song. (7/10)

3. Sweet Melody: Pop perfection. On the first listen I thought it was just ok but the chorus was imprinted in my mind and it grew on me since. The production is amazing and Jade's F5 is great. Very reminiscent of Touch (even down to the line distribution). (10/10)

4. Confetti: I was addicted on first listen. It is Little Mix meets 7 rings. I was expecting something more pop oriented but this was 100 times better. The production is immaculate and I am in love with Jade's phrased E5. (10/10)

5. Happiness: I loved this song on first listen as well. I love how dramatic the classical instruments are as they build up to a house inspired chorus. And the lyrics are also pretty decent. The only thing I wish it had was a proper bridge. (9.5/10)

6. Not A Pop Song: A very nice midtempo. I feel like it fits in sonically with the record but not thematically considering that this album is comprised of pop songs. It probably would've fit better on LM5. Nevertheless it has great lyrics and is overall a well constructed.... pop song. (8/10)

7. Nothing But My Feelings: I love how subtle and direct the lyrics are at the same time. It's a fun song though I feel like some parts are overproduced and they could've layed off the autotune. (8.5/10)

8. Gloves Up: AN ANTHEM!!! This song feels like an event. Perrie and Leigh were singing their ****s off in the chorus. And Jade came through with her falsetto. The song is in SEVERE need of a bridge though; it ends to soon. (9.5/10)

9. A Mess (Happy 4 U): I guess this is the first "lull" (I use the word lightly). It has a nice chorus and Jade's pre chorus is the best part of the song. But the song is extremely overproduced, and after wanting a real bridge for half of these songs we finally got one and... it was NOT it. (6.5/10)

10. My Love Won't Let You Down: The song has a nice sentiment, yet I feel like it's lacking something. Like They just through a ballad on the record because they were expected too. And there shouldn't be any autotune on a piano ballad. Who thought that was a good idea? (6.5/10)

11. Rendezvous: This song is HOT! I love the ****** energy. The production is great and doesn't take away from the sensual vibe of the song. It kinda gives me Rihanna vibes. (10/10)

12. If You Want My Love: I love the throwback energies of this track. We got a great bridge for the first time since Break Up Song. Only criticism is that sometimes the "IF YOU WANT MY LOVE!" chant can sometimes feel a tad heavy handed (9/10)

13. Breathe: A refreshing closer. I love the transition from the extremely strong preceding track to something more ethereal. The chorus is great. And their vocals make the song feel personal and emotive despite the use of multiple lyrical clichés. Despite the album not having any theme or story I feel as if I've come full circle. (9.5/10)

This was a great album. Definitely worth the wait; all the girls got to shine. The record feels oddly nostalgic of old Little Mix while simultaneously pushing them in new directions. It has the cheesiness of DNA, harmonies of Salute, choruses of Get Weird, vocals of Glory Days, and the maturity of LM5. With this album Little Mix has finished the work that LM5 started of transitioning them from any regular girl group to 4 mature young women who come together to become a singular ARTIST. (8.8/10)

OMG I love in-depth reviews! thank you for posting! So happy to see you love the album too :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

3 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

I prefer LM5 better but I do like this album. A lot of songs kinda remind me of NSync. It kinda feels like this is an album for the young Mixers.

They said they wanted to go with a pure pop record and nothing serious, they did actually say one of the songs in particular is like a 90s Boyband song :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: I feel like it's their most grown up album (behind LM5). I'm glad you like the album! :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

1 hour ago, sweetkiss said:

I like absolute fierceness and attitude Glory Days and LM5 have, but Confetti is incredible too in its own right.

I still am listening. So far I got impression its more celebration album, like every song is what you play at your girls party and sing your hearts out and dance.

I like the energy, and Sweet Melody sounds less basic in the context of the album.  Only problem is typical pop bop formula, nothing kinda fresh or too new (so far), but solid. I think its album that broadens their audience. 

loving the great reviews from you guys :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

IT'S A BOP! One of their best albums to date. Confetti is definitely sitting up there between the Holy Trinity of theirs. Although it does not bring anything 'new' it is a cohesive and solid album. I mean that the pop sound is not new for them. Anyway, ladies and producers and everyone involved made sure that it works. My faves are Holiday, Sweet Melody, Confetti, Happiness, Gloves Up, Rendezvous, If You Want My Love and Breathe.  My Love Won't Let You Down is beautiful too. Great album! No boring song. A true masterpiece. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: Just beautiful work. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff::onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

the way we've been waiting for what feels like forever and we finally got to listen :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

so happy we're both happy with this amazing album! :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Truly my fave album of theirs or in my Top 2 along with Glory Days!

  • Love 2

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post

I became a solidified LM fan with Glory Days. Saw them live when they opened for Ariana in the US and became a Stan. I didn’t get super into LM5, I enjoyed it but it just wasn’t my fave.

Confetti. Is. EVERYTHING. Seriously, every song is amazing. It’s kinda like GD’s older sister and I love it. The only skipable song for me is “My Love Won’t Let You Down” but it’ll grow on me. I’m never much of a lover of a ballad on first listen LOL. 
 

Thanks for coming in clutch this week, Ladies! You did us proud :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

  • Love 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

I prefer LM5 better but I do like this album. A lot of songs kinda remind me of NSync. It kinda feels like this is an album for the young Mixers.

Omgggg i said the same about NSync! Especiallyyyyyy If You Want My Love

  • Love 1
Link to post
17 minutes ago, jcf523 said:

I became a solidified LM fan with Glory Days. Saw them live when they opened for Ariana in the US and became a Stan. I didn’t get super into LM5, I enjoyed it but it just wasn’t my fave.

Confetti. Is. EVERYTHING. Seriously, every song is amazing. It’s kinda like GD’s older sister and I love it. The only skipable song for me is “My Love Won’t Let You Down” but it’ll grow on me. I’m never much of a lover of a ballad on first listen LOL. 
 

Thanks for coming in clutch this week, Ladies! You did us proud :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Confetti really is that ***** :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

I'm so jealous you saw them live! I have tickets for the Confetti tour next year but i'm sure it'll be delayed because of Ms Rona :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I cannot wait for a live performance of My Love Wont Let You Down - they always slay live ballads :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

What are your favourites off the album?!

  • Love 1

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block