Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

• Exhale+

I don’t really see the point in this other than a last minute cash grab by her team :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

I highly doubt Britney laid down new vocals, shot a music video, or will do any type of promo for the song. Sh1t, I would be willing to bet that she doesn’t even know this “release” is happening. Keep it. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

• Love 2

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't support cash in opportunities.   The official calendar with a decade old photos, now this.   Obviously she's not working, so they are desperately Makin' money from that loo

I want an official single cover.

Not buying it #boycott

Posted Images

Unless we're getting an official music video and single cover with a new photo, I'm not interested.

I'll stream it anyway though to support Britney the artist and because it's a timeless classic to play during Christmas time, but I'm not gonna promote my friends to.

Who knows, maybe it's part of Project RED with a Danja remix LOL.

On 10/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, PokemonSpears said:

About the "re-release" if any, they might be re-releasing the Platinum Christmas album which is turning 20 this November. If she didn't re-record the song, I don't see what's the point. Without being a proper single, or being included in important lists as Spice said, it's managed to become one of her most streamed songs on Spotify, is on the radio everywhere, so I don't know what difference it would make if there's no music video or live performance. 

Yeah it really doesn't make any sense if it's the same track. Like wouldn't it be better just to promote the original song so the spins will increase even more on that track (since it's already one of the most streamed) versus re-releasing it again and starting from 0?  At least Mariah re-rerecorded it and had a new video to justify the new release.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 10/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, Tear the floor up up said:

They should have capitalised on its slow burner success as a modern Christmas classic years ago and filmed a proper music video w/ official artwork. 

They could have done that all they want years ago. I doubt she'd film a music video.

Idk if this has been posted in this thread, but UO has a limited LP for pre-order.

Already available in my country (although it has always been) but this time with it's own single artwork. Can someone check on iTunes?

https://music.apple.com/ph/album/my-only-wish-this-year-single/1537659108?ls

Ngl, it's part of my Xmas playlist along with Mariah, Taylor, Destiny's Child, Justin Bieber, Kelly Clarkson, Xxxtina, etc. tracks. Are you going to stream and buy the vinyl?

• Love 7