Britney's cover of 'Satisfaction' is one of Mick Jagger's favorites and back in the day he found out about the cover through his daughter

Q: Which is your favourite cover version of a Stones song? Leon Jones, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England

A: I think Otis Redding’s Satisfaction has got to be in there. Aretha Franklin did a quite good version of Satisfaction as I recall as well. Erm, and then… after that I can’t remember. Britney Spears did a good version of Satisfaction.

https://www.mickjagger.com/interviews/bbc-mick-jagger-answers-your-questions

Mick's daughter purchased the Britney Spears record, and Mick apparently heard Spears' version of his song 'Satisfaction' through the walls of her bedroom," said Courtney Barnes, publicist for Rodney Jerkins, who produced the track. "So Mick asked who it was, and when he listened to it closely, he really liked Rodney's production. So there's been some talk about the two of them [Jagger and Jerkins] working together."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1444822/mick-jagger-finds-a-muse-in-britney-spears/

• Love 3
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Watch Me Work It said:

Dead at Mick finding out like that :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

why did no one tell him hey Britney did a cover or something :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I guess they thought he wouldnt like it :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

i’m glad he said that. rockstars are often very arrogant and closed-minded when it comes to pop. i remember Joan Jett asking why did Britney cover I Love Rock n Roll if she doesn’t even listen to rock music. I was so upset because I love both versions of the song:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: 

• Love 5
  • Exhale+
5 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Brit’s cover is a bop. And we can’t forget she performed some of it during one of her iconic VMA performances 

I love that we got live-vocalney for it :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1

I wanna get in the zone 💎

11 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

i’m glad he said that. rockstars are often very arrogant and closed-minded when it comes to pop. i remember Joan Jett asking why did Britney cover I Love Rock n Roll if she doesn’t even listen to rock music. I was so upset because I love both versions of the song:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: 

Exactly! The man is a ******* legend, a very respected singer and artist overall and he didnt try to shade Britney once, even tho she is very different from him. I think he was really nice saying that and the best of it is he didnt need to mention her cover but he did anyway. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ElenaB said:

Joan needs to stfu when her version is a cover too. 
Just because Britney is a popstar doesn't mean she only likes pop music :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

Joan needs to stfu when her version is a cover too. 
Just because Britney is a popstar doesn't mean she only likes pop music :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Britney has quite a few rock tshirts, Id guess she might really like some rock bands 

• Super Moderators

I will never understand anybody who hates Britney's version of Satisfaction. It's sooo good and packs the same power pop punch as the single worthy What U See (Is What U Get). :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 4

🦄 💛🧡💜

13 hours ago, Bundy said:

Q: Which is your favourite cover version of a Stones song? Leon Jones, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England

A: I think Otis Redding’s Satisfaction has got to be in there. Aretha Franklin did a quite good version of Satisfaction as I recall as well. Erm, and then… after that I can’t remember. Britney Spears did a good version of Satisfaction.

https://www.mickjagger.com/interviews/bbc-mick-jagger-answers-your-questions

Mick's daughter purchased the Britney Spears record, and Mick apparently heard Spears' version of his song 'Satisfaction' through the walls of her bedroom," said Courtney Barnes, publicist for Rodney Jerkins, who produced the track. "So Mick asked who it was, and when he listened to it closely, he really liked Rodney's production. So there's been some talk about the two of them [Jagger and Jerkins] working together."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1444822/mick-jagger-finds-a-muse-in-britney-spears/

Omg they are so hot together! I actually wish She had married him. He would have saved her from her family and team. She is a star, she should be with a matching Star! Not some personal trainer or back up dancer 😜

Mick and Britney would have Rocked together and got beautiful, rebellious children ❤️

• Dislike 1