Unusual You - #5 on underrated 00’s songs list

Really unpopular opinion, but I think it’s overrated by the fans. It’s a really good album track but I feel like it was just a nice song that got submitted and she laid down vocals for it. I doesn’t really speak to me as a Britney song, it feels like it could be on any singer’s album at the time.

I like the vibes of it and I’m glad Glory finally allowed her to explore this more moody, synth style and I think most of the tracks there are just better more fully realised versions of Unusual You.

I think Blur, Mannequin and Phonography are three really underrated gems on Circus. 

Either way great to see her recognised in a positive light anyway!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Really unpopular opinion, but I think it’s overrated by the fans. It’s a really good album track but I feel like it was just a mice song that got submitted and she laid down vocals for it. I doesn’t really speak to me as a Britney song, it feels like it could be on any singer’s album at the time.

I like the vibes of it and I’m glad Glory finally allowed her to explore this more moody, synth style and I think most of the tracks there are just better more fully realised versions of Unusual You.

I think Blur, Mannequin and Phonography are three really underrated gems on Circus. 

Agree with every bit of this except the Blur part. Blur is overrated by the fandom too. It is just a mediocre Danja song looking like a Blackout reject. 

Phonography and Mannequin are wasted potentials and I'm salty about it still :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

4 hours ago, *******essek said:

Agree with every bit of this except the Blur part. Blur is overrated by the fandom too. It is just a mediocre Danja song looking like a Blackout reject. 

Phonography and Mannequin are wasted potentials and I'm salty about it still :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

That’s fair, in my little fan head it’s a metaphor for her 2007 troubles- but I really know it’s not haha

i do like her voice on it though. It felt like the rawest, deepest vocals on Circus which generally felt quite pitched up.

9 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Really unpopular opinion, but I think it’s overrated by the fans. It’s a really good album track but I feel like it was just a nice song that got submitted and she laid down vocals for it. I doesn’t really speak to me as a Britney song, it feels like it could be on any singer’s album at the time.

Disagree.  Unusual You... Alien... and If I’m Dancing should have all been underrated