Ariana Grande - 'Positions' stream + comment party!

2 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

I HATE Selena Gomez with a passion but at least rare was good. Positions is a good album as well, it just has no replay value, ya know? Kinda like how sweetener was good and experimental but none of the songs were addictive. thank u, next is so freakin' good and I don't think she'll ever top it unless she leaves pop-trap behind and goes with either pop-r&b or full R&B.

Agree I’m just very underwhelmed. 
But that’s just my personal opinion. 🥴🤷🏻‍♀️

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG I don't know what I downloaded but its basically covers of Don't Call Me Angel

I just finished hearing the entire album and it's kinda like Yours Truly grew up and started hanging out with Thank You Next.  But definitely NOT in a good way. 

Posted Images

I need to read the lyrics to all the songs before being able to really judge the album because I feel like the lyrics are (or should be) the third of a song besides the music and the vocals, and this woman can't enunciate properly for the life of her. I DO understand all the "f uck"s and "s hit"s, though, so maybe I could say I understand half the album.

About the music, I'm sorry to break it up to you but THIS is Ariana: not her most famous pop bangers that we all know her for (and that she's taking the time to slowly but surely diss one by one...), but this vibey R&B sound with breathy, half spoken and half harmonizing vocals... Which is not bad, but it's definitely a mood. Think Lana Del Rey but with vocal range, younger, happier, and s luttier.

• Love 2

Just an update, I listened to a few more tracks just now and it’s literally so good. I’m saving the rest for Friday but I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s definitely not for pop stans which is why so many users on here hate it. I was kinda disappointed at first last night but I’m so happy right now.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Administrators

Ok y'all it's starting to grow on me. This is NOT an album you'll love on first listen tbh. It's got some layers. Still not sure how I feel about it.  I liked TU,N instantly, so this is an adjustment. 

• Love 3

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

58 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Ok y'all it's starting to grow on me. This is NOT an album you'll love on first listen tbh. It's got some layers. Still not sure how I feel about it.  I liked TU,N instantly, so this is an adjustment. 

lmao I just opened this thread to post an update like this!

Im listening again today and it's growing on me. Sure it's no TUN or even Sweetener, it's just a very watered down, more sensual Ariana. I've been waiting for some bops though oh well

Highlights: motive, nasty, safety net, love language and positions

Honorable mentions: 34+35 just cuz :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: and just like magic.

• Exhale+
4 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Ilolololol by I still think this album will be successful bc it’s Ariana n lately ppl eat anything she gives Bc she’s trendy.  🤷🏻‍♀️

maybe she should of taken a break to get creative juices flowing. Idunno 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Idk, i think only the Ari stans will stream this rubbhish oop- i mean album.

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 2

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I enjoyed reading all of your opinions. It seems a majority of you don't like it :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: I'm going to wait until it's officially released Friday so I can listen to it from start to finish in the highest quality. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+

Obvious this is a pop music forum, so they would hate anything not pop. 

But I think people need to understand. Ariana started doing r&b with her debut album, but yours truly brought a slew of unwanted Mariah Carey comparisons cos if the 90s sound, so she did pop until a sound came that would be her own..

Ever since she went back to the R&B sound with Sweetener, you didn't see any Mariah Carey comparisons.

Gaga returned to dance music, and Babylon had comparisons to Vogue by MADONNA with the house production, and the sing rap style. 

Ari's team was Smart to wait until a sound or style came that had nobody from previous decades associated to. 

As we see, it worked. 

Gaga has yet to find a dance style that's her own. 

But blood pop said there's a nine inch nails version of Babylon, he fought to get that one, out. She wanted the more commerical one out. 

• Like 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Exhale+
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Obvious this is a pop music forum, so they would hate anything not pop. 

But I think people need to understand. Ariana started doing r&b with her debut album, but yours truly brought a slew of unwanted Mariah Carey comparisons cos if the 90s sound, so she did pop until a sound came that would be her own..

Ever since she went back to the R&B sound with Sweetener, you didn't see any Mariah Carey comparisons.

Yours Truly was a Rn'B masterpiece and the **** Flopositions wanted to be but could never! Dont compare this trash to Slaying Truly :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Rn'B is one of my most favoritism genres and i think Sweetener is part of Ariana's Trinity :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Yet i disliked this Bull****- whoop i mean Flopositions :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Also, we are DONE with RnBGrande she already profited off that genre with her 2 biggest eras AKA Peak: Sweetener and Thank U, Next :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

• Love 2

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+

Another observation, what's with an album for hanky panky, if we're Being medically advised that unless we're coupled up, no Hanky panky. 

This is why a pregnancy boom happened to all my girlfriend's who are married or coupled up. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

It's good and I see myself playing it while I do stuff but I want to see her evolve from this sound, don't know if I could stand another album like this. I get it, it's HER sound, but I'll love to see something new from her, Positions is monotonous at parts and not impressive (coming from a Britney fan when 99% of her songs are about S3X is kind of hypocritical, but yet we see some evolution from album to album sound-wise at least). Guess and hope it's a grower, the single did indeed stuck with me so let's see if the album does the same. 

• Like 2