Ariana Grande - 'Positions' stream + comment party!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG I don't know what I downloaded but its basically covers of Don't Call Me Angel

I just finished hearing the entire album and it's kinda like Yours Truly grew up and started hanging out with Thank You Next.  But definitely NOT in a good way. 

Posted Images

• Exhale+

Positions is 7.5/10, still such an underwhelming song AND single :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

But considering hearing the album, it actually was a good contender for single but motive deserved lead but anyway :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+

Okay, heres my detailed review:

• Shut Up- 2/10
  • 34+35- 4/10
  • Motive- 8.5/10
  • My Magic- 4.5/10
  • Off the table- 5/10
  • 6:30- 8/10
  • Safety Net- 7.5/10
  • My Hair- 4.75/10
  • Nasty- 8.5/10
  • West side- 5/10
  • Love Language- 5.5/10
  • Positions- 7.5/10
  • Obvious- 2.75/10
  • POV- 6/10

Total Rate: 56.7%

So let me first compare it to my previous score of her past 2 albums and see the difference:
Sweetener:- 76.5%

Thank U, Next:- 90%

Positions:- 56.7%

:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

I think that the album was pretty bland compared to the Pop Rn'B Masterpiece Thank U, Next was. It felt incredibly under-whelming and i was expecting not a better follow-up but...atleast GOOD follow-up to Thank U, Next. Like many exhalers (like @LaLohan) said... It felt so much like a really watered-down version of Sweetener except the Pharrel Production and the fact that Sweetener atleast has 6 highlights whereas this album only has 2 or 3 highlights! I was expecting Ariana to move away from the Trap-Pop sound she pioneered with this record but it fell so below my expectations because Trap-Pop is a fad trend of 2018-2019. Whereas for commercial performance, i dont think it is going to do so well. I really expected something really good and we hardly got breadcrumbs. Very disappointment, overall :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

• Love 6

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Is it me or this album sounds like a collection of songs not picked for the last 3 albums.. the album gives me nasa/make up vibes all the way. N idk how I feel about that. 

There not bad by any means just good fillers of stuff we’ve herd her do prior. Nothing innovated or new It’s cute rnb trynna b grown but still young n cute which confuses me lol. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Exhale+
9 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Is it me or this album sounds like a collection of songs not picked for the last 3 albums.. the album gives me nasa/make up vibes all the way. N idk how I feel about that. 

There not bad by any means just good fillers of stuff we’ve herd her do prior. Nothing innovated or new It’s cute rnb trynna b grown but still young n cute which confuses me lol. 

Period

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Period

Ilolololol by I still think this album will be successful bc it’s Ariana n lately ppl eat anything she gives Bc she’s trendy.  🤷🏻‍♀️

maybe she should of taken a break to get creative juices flowing. Idunno 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

Not trynna compare or pit women against women n ari clearly has the better voice 

but

after listening to ari’s new album I automatically put on rare by Selena Gomez n Perfer that.

(And mind you I’m not a big sg fan)

but her rare album does for me that I wish this ari album would of done somewhat kinda .
Pop/funk rnb somewhat chill vibe. Instead of the same formula. 

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Not trynna compare or pit women against women n ari clearly has the better voice 

but

after listening to ari’s new album I automatically put on rare by Selena Gomez n Perfer that.

(And mind you I’m not a big sg fan)

but her rare album does for me that I wish this ari album would of done somewhat kinda .
Pop/funk rnb somewhat chill vibe. Instead of the same formula. 

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I HATE Selena Gomez with a passion but at least rare was good. Positions is a good album as well, it just has no replay value, ya know? Kinda like how sweetener was good and experimental but none of the songs were addictive. thank u, next is so freakin' good and I don't think she'll ever top it unless she leaves pop-trap behind and goes with either pop-r&b or full R&B.