Meghan Trainor covered Britney Spears' "My Only Wish" on her new Christmas album

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leave “My only wish” alone! 😭😭🔨🦅

She better not make this her signature song or we’ll be having discussions 

As we’re talking about My Only Wish... stay tuned (this year)

Posted Images

On 10/30/2020 at 1:46 PM, timito said:

This actually is making me angry for some reason. I really don’t want people to think that’s Megan’s song and for it to get more popular than Britney’s if they promote the hell out of it. It is even worse if the reason why she covered is is because Britney declined to do a Christmas album. I would hate it if they did it just to get more money out of it by having someone else promote it as they couldn’t get Britney to do it.

You said exactly what I’m thinking. And I think we are both right...

About last week I heard a rumor rca had plans to rerelease my only wish this year

and They did just that with Britney. 

I don’t see this song getting popular even if they over promote it, if anything It might get moderate stream because it’s attached to Britney’s likeness but the song is not good and meaghen trainer isn’t that popular anymore. She did just release an actual album this year and its not like it flew off the shelves or many people even knew about it lol

• Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

She covered I'll be home for Christmas and retitled it I'll be home. 

Word is Meghan owns the rights now. And all britney versions is slowly being removed. They said lou is a business woman. So even if she loses Power over britney, word is they are buying her master recordings to make sure they still make money somehow. 

Is this a troll/joke?

Because now you're just blatantly making stuff up. None of this is true. There is no "word" on any of these details.

Music rights don't even work like this....All of this is extremely incorrect. You don't sell the Masters of any recordings for someone to cover a song that would NEVER happen. And even if it would they wouldn't erase the original artists versions.. Wtf?

And Brit's version is literally on every single Christmas Spotify playlist starting every November. Also it plays at every mall during Christmas time.

Do you just make stuff up to make posts more interesting? I don't understand.. If you're being funny/clever you should make it more obvious, because your passing these things off as facts.