Jump to content

This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Blackout album in 2007 (October 25)


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Britney M. Carey said:

Lemonade is on a whole new level, but Blackout is musically more influential to the scene than Red IMO. Red is only significant to TS's self-evolution

You are forgetting something. Yeah, Lemonade is well produce and had an important thematic but that's it, the only other thing Lemonade is well know is causing Tidal problems because they inflate it streaming numbers, it didn't represent anything else.

Blackout was unique in every aspects.

In sound, Blackout was trend setter, at the time Blackout sounded like the future, it was something special and many tried to replicated but didn't get it like Blackout did.

Lyrically, Blackout could be seeing as a *** thematic album, but lyrics could well get turned into a methapor of Britney's life and career.

In Britney's life and career represents everything. This album proves that she still got it and she was going to be here forever, also she released it in the lower point of his public image, nobody gives a damn about her and she gives us the most influential album of the last 15 years. Also, Gimme More and Piece of Me are Britney's classics for a reason.

So, no I don't think Lemonade is another level

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On October 25, 2007, Britney Spears released her fifth studio album Blackout. The dance-pop / electropop record was executive produced by Britney, and recorded between 2006 and 2007. Other collaborato

13 years later, i'm still pressed it didn't go to #1. We could've had a record setting 7-album streak. 

******* billboard changing rules last minute just to **** up with Britney

Posted Images

I love this album so much. It’s EVERYTHING.

To this day, I still search 2nd hand cd stores for the target exclusive version with the bonus track. I will find it one day. I have 3 different versions of Britney. And it took me YEARS to find the ITZ dual disc from Walmart (because I wasn’t going to pay 70+ on eBay) But I found it! This one will come around to me... I know it will...normal_blackout_usatarget_back.jpg

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

You are forgetting something. Yeah, Lemonade is well produce and had an important thematic but that's it, the only other thing Lemonade is well know is causing Tidal problems because they inflate it streaming numbers, it didn't represent anything else.

Blackout was unique in every aspects.

In sound, Blackout was trend setter, at the time Blackout sounded like the future, it was something special and many tried to replicated but didn't get it like Blackout did.

Lyrically, Blackout could be seeing as a *** thematic album, but lyrics could well get turned into a methapor of Britney's life and career.

In Britney's life and career represents everything. This album proves that she still got it and she was going to be here forever, also she released it in the lower point of his public image, nobody gives a damn about her and she gives us the most influential album of the last 15 years. Also, Gimme More and Piece of Me are Britney's classics for a reason.

So, no I don't think Lemonade is another level

You've got a point. I love both albums though :) 

  • Love 2
Link to post
13 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I love you guys, but I can't support Urban outfitters, I did my research to find out They donate to Anti LGBT charities and Such. Yeah, no. My money is gay, it goes Where I'm supported. Had she did Hot topic sign me up but I can't support stores that basically pretends to like us, but secretly hates us. 

Homosexual money 😂

Link to post
  • Exhale+
15 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

At least y'all got blackout for Christmas. Try being 15 in 99, wanting the debut Album of Miss spears, and getting NSYNC Debut album, plus your parents knew your musical collection. Unless it was Michael Jackson or Prince (or the symbol he was at the time, I didn't want it), my collection was mostly female. They got one Album right. 

 

I got Rave until the joy fantastic by the symbol, plus hearing your parents are gonna buy the pay per view concert special of the artist live at Paisley park, knowing I would have to do more chores than asked for since the pre order slot for the interview was 45.00 then just buying the concert for 19.99..

Not only did we see you have the most post in a Britney  thread , but you really showed your Britney stan out :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

Link to post
  • Exhale+

The fact is it's in the rock and roll Hall of fame, normally is a strong indicator that she herself will be inducted as an artist.

 

She's eligible in 2023. The hive like to think Beyonce has been solo since 1997. But she's eligible as a solo act in 2027. 

 

Destiny's child is eligible as a group in 2022. Though I think both will be denied, but not Britney. 

 

The only modern day girl group I can see getting inducted is TLC. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
  • Exhale+
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not only did we see you have the most post in a Britney  thread , but you really showed your Britney stan out :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I'm a fan, but some of her Music last decade definitely disappointed me. Honestly I think femme fatale was her best album as I described it as the Europop/Dance sister album to Blackout. 

 

The ying and Yang. 

 

Blackout is a dark dance album, Femme fatale was her Happy and very bright dance album. So the sister album did happen. I just don't think the Stan's realized it. 

  • Love 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
  • Exhale+
6 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I'm a fan, but some of her Music last decade definitely disappointed me. Honestly I think femme fatale was her best album as I described it as the Europop/Dance sister album to Blackout. 

 

The ying and Yang. 

 

Blackout is a dark dance album, Femme fatale was her Happy and very bright dance album. So the sister album did happen. I just don't think the Stan's realized it. 

Oh yes i see. Even though FF was also not made in a good time of Britney's live, it was the last album i stanned of Britney. Blackout and Femme Fatale are like the Moon and Sun if you think about it :wink_britney_everytime_white:

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block