This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Blackout album in 2007 (October 25)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On October 25, 2007, Britney Spears released her fifth studio album Blackout. The dance-pop / electropop record was executive produced by Britney, and recorded between 2006 and 2007. Other collaborato

13 years later, i'm still pressed it didn't go to #1. We could've had a record setting 7-album streak. 

******* billboard changing rules last minute just to **** up with Britney

Posted Images

good 'ol times. At that time it was very difficult to be a fan of Britney Spears because everyone believed that she was going to die. I remember uploading a photo with the tracklist in my fotolog :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: and downloading the filtered songs in Ares :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:
 That album came to me at Christmas, I opened all the gifts and there was nothing Blackout :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: but after a few minute outfits the surprise album arrived. What an exciting time for my childhood. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 2
  • Exhale+

At least y'all got blackout for Christmas. Try being 15 in 99, wanting the debut Album of Miss spears, and getting NSYNC Debut album, plus your parents knew your musical collection. Unless it was Michael Jackson or Prince (or the symbol he was at the time, I didn't want it), my collection was mostly female. They got one Album right. 

I got Rave until the joy fantastic by the symbol, plus hearing your parents are gonna buy the pay per view concert special of the artist live at Paisley park, knowing I would have to do more chores than asked for since the pre order slot for the interview was 45.00 then just buying the concert for 19.99..

• Love 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Super Moderators

I remember taking this to school so my teacher would play it during our study sesh and as soon as she saw “Get Naked” she was like gEt NaKeDdD?! And I was like Mrs. Scott weren’t you playing FutureSex/Love Sound just yesterday? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around: she was a JT stan so maybe that’s why she didn’t let me grace everyone’s ears :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 5

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

An album that will stand the test of time. Gimme More, Heaven on Earth, and Get Naked are among my favorite Britney songs EVER. As mentioned above, I also want to petition for Britney/RCA to release Outta This World on streaming platforms!!!! Such a gorgeous song. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I was 23 when it came out.

I feel like this meant a lot to the people in their early/mid 20s when it came out. Cuz we were (most likely) on the same level as her: wanting to party and have a good time and experience all of the good things that come with being young and free :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

My local club even had a Blackout release party. It was the best of times :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Moderators
9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I remember taking this to school so my teacher would play it during our study sesh and as soon as she saw “Get Naked” she was like gEt NaKeDdD?! And I was like Mrs. Scott weren’t you playing FutureSex/Love Sound just yesterday?  she was a JT stan so maybe that’s why she didn’t let me grace everyone’s ears 

Not you having the courage to stand up to your teacher all for the love of Britney's music. I stan. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Super Administrators

What an iconic day :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: Seriously, this is my all-time favorite album. It sounds fresh no matter what year, what season. I have SUCH a special place in my heart for Blackout.

@PokemonSpears love love love your post. These are getting better and better!! It was awesome to relive a few of those interviews.

Happy Blackout day y'all :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

B10 gon be lit. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Exhale+
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Urban Outfitters is releasing her albums in cassette, including Blackout

IMG_1284.jpg

the horrible way they cut the cover to fit the title :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I love you guys, but I can't support Urban outfitters, I did my research to find out They donate to Anti LGBT charities and Such. Yeah, no. My money is gay, it goes Where I'm supported. Had she did Hot topic sign me up but I can't support stores that basically pretends to like us, but secretly hates us. 

• Exhale+
18 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

What an iconic day :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: Seriously, this is my all-time favorite album. It sounds fresh no matter what year, what season. I have SUCH a special place in my heart for Blackout.

@PokemonSpears love love love your post. These are getting better and better!! It was awesome to relive a few of those interviews.

Happy Blackout day y'all :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

B10 gon be lit. 

To think it's getting Better and better reviews. Basically everybody is apologizing to her saying it was just normal to hate her at the time, so the reviews reflect that. But sadly little monsters discovered, retrospective reviews don't count towards metacritic score. So sadly it stays mixed reception m 

• Exhale+

I honestly feel like her fans don't want her to be like Janet Jackson, where unless it's produced with Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, we don't want it. 

But I've also wondered is that a bad thing, to be associated with an iconic producer team. It does make it sound like, that it's a producer artist, and not the other way around. 

However, Janet working with other producers have proven to not be as successful in terms of her artistry than Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, so I can see the argument of not wanting Britney to be pigenholed to a particular producer and sound. 

Just because it was a success the first time around, actually doesn't guarantee the same results can happen Again. 

Maybe Blackout should be appreciated as a once in a lifetime moment. 

To hold on to her as such a standard, just to be disappointed that it didn't have the same effect on the fan base the first time around. Is probably why it's not happening. 

It probably wouldn't be the same, she's much older, so are we. Some of us are just like her approaching 40, so there's that as well.