This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Blackout album in 2007 (October 25)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On October 25, 2007, Britney Spears released her fifth studio album Blackout. The dance-pop / electropop record was executive produced by Britney, and recorded between 2006 and 2007. Other collaborato

13 years later, i'm still pressed it didn't go to #1. We could've had a record setting 7-album streak. 

******* billboard changing rules last minute just to **** up with Britney

Posted Images

Amazing album but it was so underwelming how we never got a proper era for it, like 4 or 5 singles with real music videos (hello Break The Ice) and basically zero promotion. It was also the last time she was truly free to do what she really wanted without a PR team. Let's hope and pray it will happen again.

Also these promotional photoshoot as a brunette were epic <3 This could be considered like her Erotica era in someway.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

Amazing album but it was so underwelming how we never got a proper era for it, like 4 or 5 singles with real music videos (hello Break The Ice) and basically zero promotion. It was also the last time she was truly free to do what she really wanted without a PR team. Let's hope and pray it will happen again.

Also these promotional photoshoot as a brunette were epic <3 This could be considered like her Erotica era in someway.

you are so hot, omg. Why do French men have to be so attractive?:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, britneyluv said:

89 baby here! I remember being shocked my parents still had a record player in the 90's, even if it was hidden away in the crawl space of our basement :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I am all about childhood nostalgia coming back. All we need is a reboot of All That with Britney feat. TLC as the musical guest :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I've been all about TLC for the last couples of weeks :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: The 90s is such a good time for the music

1 hour ago, CripplerCrossface said:

It's a masterpiece, I feel bad that still don't get the recognition it deserves. Critics still are afraid to praise Britney and it's a shame.

Blackout deserves the critics Red, Lemonade and others get (no shade) but it's Britney so they can't put it that high :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

Lemonade is on a whole new level, but Blackout is musically more influential to the scene than Red IMO. Red is only significant to TS's self-evolution

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I've been all about TLC for the last couples of weeks :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: The 90s is such a good time for the music

Lemonade is on a whole new level, but Blackout is musically more influential to the scene than Red IMO. Red is only significant to TS's self-evolution

2 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I don't really get all this Lemonade hype ... This overrated album failed to produce a single hit ... Just because it praises black culture - it is a masterpiece all of a sudden?

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Exhale+
1 hour ago, Mooncatcher said:

I don't really get all this Lemonade hype ... This overrated album failed to produce a single hit ... Just because it praises black culture - it is a masterpiece all of a sudden?

This.

• Love 1

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+
14 minutes ago, BlurOut said:

THIS!!!

Oof! That was such a long line. The demand for Britney back then was truly crazy, even in a time when she was such a hated celebrity she got people buying copies of her album. Only legends can :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: