This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Blackout album in 2007 (October 25)

• Exhale+

I will never be able to truly sing my praises enough for this album. I feel like I owe it everything to be honest. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: After experiencing this album for the first time, I wrote my first good song. It was like a songwriting breakthrough for me. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: Get Back is that b.itch. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: Outta This World is also that b.itch. :melt_weird_drift_wow: Forever and always, f.uck you Billboard. :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 7

🌟They flicker, flicker, flicker, but they ain't gonna shine like us 🌟

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On October 25, 2007, Britney Spears released her fifth studio album Blackout. The dance-pop / electropop record was executive produced by Britney, and recorded between 2006 and 2007. Other collaborato

13 years later, i'm still pressed it didn't go to #1. We could've had a record setting 7-album streak. 

******* billboard changing rules last minute just to **** up with Britney

Posted Images

• Exhale+

Still to this day, they allowed a Wal Mart CD to chart, but to exclude Victoria's secret who was the exclusive retailer for the Greatest Hits of the spice girls in the uS. 

Had to buy mints for 3 Dollars to pay a CD for 15 Dollars, because in order to buy the CD, I had to buy something. 

What's worse, is running into your Butch Lesbian Mom asking why did you come out of Victoria's secret. The humiliation. 

• Love 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Exhale+

Also F. Suck jive, they failed to mention a Target exclusive, as that was the only way to get "outta this world" on CD in the US. 

how ironic, her best Album had an early Target exclusive, bonus track, free ringtones, and a hyper Cd that took you to an exclusive secret website devoted to Blackout, but nope, went under the radar as usual. But everybody from Tom cat to Tom dog knew about the Femme fatale tour Deluxe cd/ DVD with Remixes and scary. 

Her best Album and somewhat decent Epix special. 

Both peaked at #2 on their respective. 

Eagles get a big f u, but considering in 2011 it was Gaga season, and perhaps the end of her short lived prime, it's a pass. Cos the monster ball was everything the Femme fatale sadly wished it could be, that bish everybody wanted to attend regardless if being a fan or not. I even went to a show or two in Phoenix, and I can still say. Gaga can never top This tour, like Britney can't top her onyx hotel tour. 

• Love 2

• Exhale+
23 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Still to this day, they allowed a Wal Mart CD to chart, but to exclude Victoria's secret who was the exclusive retailer for the Greatest Hits of the spice girls in the uS. 

Had to buy mints for 3 Dollars to pay a CD for 15 Dollars, because in order to buy the CD, I had to buy something. 

What's worse, is running into your Butch Lesbian Mom asking why did you come out of Victoria's secret. The humiliation. 

The way you commented several post in this thread. You love Blackout as much as me? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Under my Umbrella-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+
16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

The way you commented several post in this thread. You love Blackout as much as me? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I was 23 when it came out. It was really the last album I stanned. It was like her inner bad girl came out. But her team did ruin her by forcing her back to the girl next door than going into The M...I....l....f...k status Club

• Love 2

I honestly think this album cemented my love for Britney. The fact that she was going through hell, yet still released a masterpiece of an album that is widely considered her opus, is nothing short of legendary. So many factors working against her - the media in general, the BS that gave her #1 spot to the Eagles (who I actually like but come on), Perez dragging her for filth.... the fact that she churned out this classic in the midst of so much turmoil is incredible.

Also, her #dgaf attitude.... :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt: Her sole promotion (aside from the VMA's) was a random interview with Ryan Seacrest where she was clearly lounging around her house with better things to do was legendary, not to mention instead of promoting Gimme More or Piece of Me, she picked Heaven on Earth as her favorite track from the album because she thought it was cool :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Trust me go to discogs. Blackout even had an official cassette release in a few markets. I bought one from Amazon for 85.00, it was my whole pay check. But it's worth it. 

For a cassette?! I genuinely thought by 2007 cassettes had gone the way of HitClips :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: You might have a relic in your hands!

• Exhale+
8 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

For a cassette?! I genuinely thought by 2007 cassettes had gone the way of HitClips :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: You might have a relic in your hands!

They still were being sold in asian markets.

Plus thx to Disney and Guardian of the galaxy. Cassettes are making a comeback. 

Just like the vinyl it's being treated as a limited edition, not mass Produced like it once was. Britney had her debut album repressed in pink cassette at Target. It sold out fast. There's a market, plus stereos are including them. 

Hell Dolly Parton and Amazon are bringing back the 8 track tape. It doesn't get more relic than an 8 track. Anything nostalgic is in style now. 

It all comes back, even VHS tapes

Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

Just like the vinyl it's being treated as a limited edition, not mass Produced like it once was. Britney had her debut album repressed in pink cassette at Target. It sold out fast. There's a market, plus stereos are including them. 

Hell Dolly Parton and Amazon are bringing back the 8 track tape. It doesn't get more relic than an 8 track. Anything nostalgic is in style now. 

Omg I love this. Please don't think I was throwing any shade your way, I just remember having cassettes when I was younger, and then there was the 5 minute HitClips craze so I was just surprised.

I have so many old VHS tapes at my parents' house with old SNICK episodes and other relics from the past, although 8 tracks were before my time:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

90's nostalgia is real :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Exhale+
7 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Omg I love this. Please don't think I was throwing any shade your way, I just remember having cassettes when I was younger, and then there was the 5 minute HitClips craze so I was just surprised.

I have so many old VHS tapes at my parents' house with old SNICK episodes and other relics from the past, although 8 tracks were before my time:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

90's nostalgia is real :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Cassettes were my Vinyl, being born in 84. That was my first version of the album. 

I think that's what makes me excited is my childhood Nostalgia came, left than came Back. 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Cassettes were my Vinyl, being born in 84. That was my first version of the album. 

I think that's what makes me excited is my childhood Nostalgia came, left than came Back. 

89 baby here! I remember being shocked my parents still had a record player in the 90's, even if it was hidden away in the crawl space of our basement :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I am all about childhood nostalgia coming back. All we need is a reboot of All That with Britney feat. TLC as the musical guest :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Exhale+
7 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

89 baby here! I remember being shocked my parents still had a record player in the 90's, even if it was hidden away in the crawl space of our basement :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I am all about childhood nostalgia coming back. All we need is a reboot of All That with Britney feat. TLC as the musical guest :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

They did Reboot All that, the skit that makes me laugh is the skit where Beyoncé was able to open her own mall chain called

Bed, bath and Beyoncé. The girl who plays Beyoncé nailed her perfectly. 

• Super Moderators
51 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Urban Outfitters is releasing her albums in cassette, including Blackout

IMG_1284.jpg

the horrible way they cut the cover to fit the title :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean