This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Blackout album in 2007 (October 25)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On October 25, 2007, Britney Spears released her fifth studio album Blackout. The dance-pop / electropop record was executive produced by Britney, and recorded between 2006 and 2007. Other collaborato

13 years later, i'm still pressed it didn't go to #1. We could've had a record setting 7-album streak. 

******* billboard changing rules last minute just to **** up with Britney

Posted Images

• Exhale+
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

13 years later, i'm still pressed it didn't go to #1. We could've had a record setting 7-album streak. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Blame Perez Hilton 

But she probably would have had a chart battle anyway, Alicia keys released As I Am, and her song No one was everywhere on Radio that winter, I think I heard it more than Gimme More where I lived. 

Hell I heard all the circus singles on radio more than Blackout. Jive had to find interesting ways to promote this album, from Ellen dancing to her favorite tracks. Without Britney, Jive basically had a hard time trying to promote the Album themselves. 

It also took five years to go Platinum in the US. Ironically it also took Britney Jean the same amount of time to just go Gold in the US as well. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Exhale+
6 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Didn't this happen because Britney fans set up a buying campaign for Blackout? :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:.

Most influential fanbase, wbk. 

Yet, you guys don't get credit for the justice movement, but who does a fan base with an album called glitter, like a madonna fan said. Glitter isn't happening now, if it wasn't a thing in 2001. 

• Love 1

• Exhale+
6 minutes ago, Isla said:

Truly an iconic album. Britney at her best.

She really was at her best, cos she basically called the shots. It was her only album with no management, just herself, and this is what the fans wanted. Their own club Album. 

But what happened then, Vanilla Britney reemerged and so went the **** back to the girl Next door who happens to be a Mom. I kinda wonder if she stayed at the **** status, would the fans who left after Larry came back would still be around. 

This can be seen as her own Bangerz but not as explicit. Since it was released aka edited Only. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Hell I heard all the circus singles on radio more than Blackout. Jive had to find interesting ways to promote this album, from Ellen dancing to her favorite tracks. Without Britney, Jive basically had a hard time trying to promote the Album themselves. 

I disagree

She was on the news nonstop (and i mean the news with politics and stuff, not just some gossip-tabloid nonsense) she had the VMA performance and even got stories for her new album in the news! It was really bizarre and something i've never seen again. 

It was also really scary to me how ruthless and disrespectful people can be (her privatezone on the frontpage for example) it was a shame and what i really don't understand how they can be such asskisser and praising her again. 

This time really made me a Britneyfan. 

:endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

The best birthday gift I ever got. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:I can remember the day I bought the album very well. I had a cold and feel very bad but this album made me feel better. Britney´s best album and the best booklet with the most beautiful pictures she ever has done. It looks very high fashion. And I love the sarcasm/irony ( I don´t know how to call it.) The little pieces from a magazine which say stuff like:" With a married man!" That's why I adore Britney so much. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:The CD deserved a lot of Grammys.:hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting: 

Until today I´m pissed that she doesn't go on Nr.1 just because the Walmart double CD´s count twice.:flop_britney_candies::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching::beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

• Love 6
  • Exhale+

Billboard changing the rule at the last minute was so clear to add more fire to the era. Blackout deserved that place

But wbk Billboard's shady ever since that :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: