Jump to content

Where did the Blackout title come from?


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, britneyluv said:

It was given to her by Jive and we can all debate the meaning behind it but it ain't that deep.

Agree, probably so they could capitalize on the whole “meltdown” and the media frenzy at the time, it only made sense; similar to circus.

We do complain a lot about her team but for the most part they do “listen” to the public... and they capitalize on what is to sell the most.

examples: MP - basically narrating Britney’s life at the time.

”I know I may be young... but I got feelings too” - addressing her being overly ****** and disguising it as “oh I just love music I’m not a ****”

HIAM - acknowledging her “fall” after a safe recovery (after circus)

chaotic - they knew getting married with a dancer you just met and proposing to him after a few months was indeed crazy.

OIDIA - I’m not a one hit wonder, I can do this many times... and so on.

I think you get the point.

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Super Moderators

not me forgetting this on the anniversary thread :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I knew I was missing something

So, in June Britney posted on her website a poll for the fans to choose the title of the album. The options were:

  • OMG Is Like Lindsay Lohan Like Okay Like
  • What If the Joke Is on You
  • Down Boy
  • Integrity
  • Dignity

Ultimately, in October Jive Records announced that the album would come out in November and that it would be titled Blackout. According to Jive it “refers to blocking out negativity and embracing life fully.”  :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

  • Love 5

 I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Link to post
15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

not me forgetting this on the anniversary thread :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I knew I was missing something

So, in June Britney posted on her website a poll for the fans to choose the title of the album. The options were:

  • OMG Is Like Lindsay Lohan Like Okay Like
  • What If the Joke Is on You
  • Down Boy
  • Integrity
  • Dignity

Ultimately, in October Jive Records announced that the album would come out in November and that it would be titled Blackout. According to Jive it “refers to blocking out negativity and embracing life fully.”  :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

31208.jpg
:urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: I miss the official fan club

  • Love 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Super Moderators

She was inspired by the teachings of kabbalah, she was very spiritual at the time, even though she wasn't actively practicing it, it wasn't like she was thinking on a spiritual level. I think she did a blog talking about "blacking" out bad energy, I mean Jive don't give a damn what's it called, they just want an album out at that moment. 

Link to post
On 10/25/2020 at 12:07 AM, PZHSB said:

Am I a bad fan for not knowing this? What’s the story behind the title? 

 

On 10/25/2020 at 12:34 AM, britneyluv said:

It was given to her by Jive and we can all debate the meaning behind it but it ain't that deep.

 

15 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

Agree, probably so they could capitalize on the whole “meltdown” and the media frenzy at the time, it only made sense; similar to circus.

It might also have been inspired by this song Cathy Dennis submitted for the album before Heidi Montag recorded it

 

Link to post
9 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I think it was originally supposed to be called ‘Black’ to represent the negativity in her life at the time. Then they made it ‘Blackout’ as in the darkness in her life was leaving. Black (the darkness) + Out = Blackout

No it was not indeed crazy. Murdering someone is crazy. Being young and throwing herself out in life is not. Marriage is just a modern norm. Love, infatuation and an utge to form a couple when young and fertile etc, that is a natural instinct and need

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 12:45 AM, PlayboiMommy said:

 

 

It might also have been inspired by this song Cathy Dennis submitted for the album before Heidi Montag recorded it

 

I don’t care about heidi montag but I love the song. It might’ve been fun for Brit to record, not sure it would’ve fit on the iconic Blackout album though. 

Link to post

in her house the electricity always went out when she tried to log in to her supercomputer so she was like: why the **** not name an album from that, computer is very dear to her heart. she also recorded Outta* This World straight just only from her supercomputer

  • Haha 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block