Could this be what Jamie is aiming at with the odd posts?

• Super Moderators

But is it true? Is Jodi really giving Britney more freedom regarding her meds? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Also, I don't know much about the subject but do people diagnosed with mental health problems ALLOWED to make decisions regarding their treatment? 

For the record, I don't think Britney is bipolar or whatever. While I know that she may have some mental issues but I think it's just anxiety and being totally disconnected from the world. I don't think she has something serious. So yes, she should be given the freedom because I don't think she even has real, like, REAL issues. She's not a threat to herself. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

But for people who are like OFFICIALLY diagnosed with bipolar disorder, can they decide whether to get treatment or not?

• Love 5
  • Like 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

12 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

But is it true? Is Jodi really giving Britney more freedom regarding her meds? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Also, I don't know much about the subject but do people diagnosed with mental health problems ALLOWED to make decisions regarding their treatment? 

For the record, I don't think Britney is bipolar or whatever. While I know that she may have some mental issues but I think it's just anxiety and being totally disconnected from the world. I don't think she has something serious. So yes, she should be given the freedom because I don't think she even has real, like, REAL issues. She's not a threat to herself. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

But for people who are like OFFICIALLY diagnosed with bipolar disorder, can they decide whether to get treatment or not?

Didnt Jamie say on some docs that he feared she was getting too much freedom? 

And there are so many people that are bipolar and arent under a cship like Mariah, so I guess maybe they can have a say about the meds they are supposed to take. I know a person that sometimes didnt want to take her meds and no one would do anything... 

• Like 1
  • Super Moderators
2 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Didnt Jamie say on some docs that he feared she was getting too much freedom? 

And there are so many people that are bipolar and arent under a cship like Mariah, so I guess maybe they can have a say about the meds they are supposed to take. I know a person that sometimes didnt want to take her meds and no one would do anything... 

Oh so that's what he means?

So the freedom thing with Britney is because she's under the cship? It's a cship sanctioned freedom-to-decide? It's not freedom as someone-who-has-mental-health-issues aka allegedly diagnosed with dementia? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Oh so that's what he means?

So the freedom thing with Britney is because she's under the cship? It's a cship sanctioned freedom-to-decide? It's not freedom as someone-who-has-mental-health-issues aka allegedly diagnosed with dementia? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Tbh I dont know, but with him we can expect anything by this point. If its true that she is having more freedom about going out or having a say about her treatment, I bet hed not like that. If someone who knows Britney and works for Mario Lopez cant take a pic with her without asking his appproval first, imagine how he must be with cship related things.

• Like 1
  • Super Moderators
7 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Tbh I dont know, but with him we can expect anything by this point. If its true that she is having more freedom about going out or having a say about her treatment, I bet hed not like that. If someone who knows Britney and works for Mario Lopez cant take a pic with her without asking his appproval first, imagine how he must be with cship related things.

I absolutely know who you're talking about. I know him. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Like 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Someone with a diagnosed mental illness absolutely has say in their treatment typically. Even if they are a danger to themselves and others they can’t legally be forced to take medication. Unfortunately that’s why some that seriously need medication to function instead end up homeless and such. Pretty much unless the person with a mental illness does something that gets them locked into an institution they are free to be unmedicated. They can also say they don’t like a certain treatment and ask to try another type. I have a family member that is bipolar and she won’t take medication, she abuses drugs and lives on the street. She’s not a threat to anyone so nothing can be done. I have a family member with schizophrenia, his long term medication stopped working. He was put on something else by his doctor, the side effects weren’t something he could handle. He asked his doctor to try another treatment option. His current plan seems to be working for him and he’s doing well. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Moderators
29 minutes ago, Bundy said:

U know him personally?

Well, not like that. But yes we met on Twitter like waaay before I came here on Exhale earlier this year. And then IG too. When his story was brought up on a thread months ago, I got him to come over here and check it out. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Like 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Super Moderators
8 minutes ago, AP4 said:

Someone with a diagnosed mental illness absolutely has say in their treatment typically. Even if they are a danger to themselves and others they can’t legally be forced to take medication. Unfortunately that’s why some that seriously need medication to function instead end up homeless and such. Pretty much unless the person with a mental illness does something that gets them locked into an institution they are free to be unmediated. They can also say they don’t like a certain treatment and ask to try another type. I have a family member that is bipolar and she won’t take medication, she abuses drugs and lives on the street. She’s not a threat to anyone so nothing can be done. I have a family member with schizophrenia, his long term medication stopped working. He was put on something else by his doctor, the side effects weren’t something he could handle. He asked his doctor to try another treatment option. His current plan seems to be working for him and he’s doing well. 

THANK YOU for sharing your story. 💛💜 I don't know if this sounds ignorant but why are they allowed? It makes me sad that that's how things are with people who have mental health problems. I mean, how are they able to know if certain meds aren't working? Shouldn't they be under observation by a physician when they try new meds? Shouldn't there be supervision from a doctor? ☹

🦄 💛🧡💜

17 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Well, not like that. But yes we met on Twitter like waaay before I came here on Exhale earlier this year. And then IG too. When his story was brought up on a thread months ago, I got him to come over here and check it out. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Thats cool! I remember he kinda put Jamie on a blast months ago lol 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

THANK YOU for sharing your story. 💛💜 I don't know if this sounds ignorant but why are they allowed? It makes me sad that that's how things are with people who have mental health problems. I mean, how are they able to know if certain meds aren't working? Shouldn't they be under observation by a physician when they try new meds? Shouldn't there be supervision from a doctor? ☹

They would definitely b under observation of their doctor but that would be in the form of checkups basically. They are given the prescriptions and sent home with directions on taking it. Told what to look for as a serious side effect, and are suppose to follow up so many days/weeks/months after depending on what the issue is. However people have the right to decide on medical care or not. They can decide to no longer see the doctor. Medication can not be forced against someone’s will. Treatments can’t be forced. This is not just mental illness but health care in general. Say someone has a very treatable cancer that will die without the treatment. The person can decide they don’t want the treatment. The doctors and family can’t force someone to get the treatment to save their life. I believe this freedom on treatments is to prevent medical abuse as much as possible. If you see someone choking you aren’t allowed to help them without their consent legally. Someone that is unconscious can be helped based off reasonable belief they’d want help. 

I couldn’t say if Britney has the freedom to deny treatment because of the conservatorship, I don’t know the legality of stuff like that. I don’t think they are allowed to hold her down and force her to take medication, they can’t slip it into her drinks/food, and I’d assume a doctor couldn’t force inject her with medication either. Which is why she was forced into the treatment center because they do have more rights to force medication when you are in a mental facility. If you sign into a mental facility willingly I’m assuming that means you are willing to accept the treatments, being forced into them (51/50 and such) usually means you’ve proven to be a threat to yourself or others so the doctors would have the legal rights to monitor and provide treatments. 

while I think it’s good to an extend that people can not be forced medication it has its downside too. The health care system is so incredibly broken in america. A lot of people that need treatments are uninsured and couldn’t afford or have access to their medications even if they DID want them. A lot of mental illnesses would benefit greatly from therapy along with other treatments like medication. But the options aren’t really there. If you have the money like Britney does she has access to all the best care and treatment options if she wants to get them. The average person isn’t that lucky. A lot of drugs might as well be legal ****. Some doctors over medicate and don’t care much to make sure you are improving. Others are super cautious not to give out medication in fear of causing addictions or getting in trouble for giving them to someone that is abusing the medication. If you don’t have health insurance and see a doctor regularly it’s almost impossible to get medication because doctors need to have it established with them that it is needed. Often people that are held on 51/50 or hospitalized and given the medication they need, improve enough to be released and end up back suffering because they don’t have a regular doctor and aren’t able to get access to the medication they need anymore. So it’s a repeated cycle ending back up in hospitals until they eventually die or manage a way to get help. A lot of people with mental health issues will self medicate with illegal drugs. Mental health is a huge issue that needs to be address in America. 

• Love 4

This is really quite simple and should not be stressing anyone. Britney's posts are odd. Nothing more in terms of the court. Britney is doing the same thing all these other instagram chicks are doing, she's just in an awkward phase right now. Go check out Bundle of Brittany 's latest post dancing in the grey sweater skirt thing (won't embed). This is literally what Britney does. It's just in Britney's way.

First and faremost Britney is far from scaring the world with her insta posts. The only reason people are going *OMG* with her insta is because of the bots in the comments shaming her and spaming "aRe YoU Ok?".  Once she disables the comment section that narrative will disapear, just watch it :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Roxxy said:

They can, but (most) aren’t putting millions of dollars are risk if they decide not to..

• Like 2
12 hours ago, AP4 said:

Someone with a diagnosed mental illness absolutely has say in their treatment typically. Even if they are a danger to themselves and others they can’t legally be forced to take medication. Unfortunately that’s why some that seriously need medication to function instead end up homeless and such. Pretty much unless the person with a mental illness does something that gets them locked into an institution they are free to be unmedicated. They can also say they don’t like a certain treatment and ask to try another type. I have a family member that is bipolar and she won’t take medication, she abuses drugs and lives on the street. She’s not a threat to anyone so nothing can be done. I have a family member with schizophrenia, his long term medication stopped working. He was put on something else by his doctor, the side effects weren’t something he could handle. He asked his doctor to try another treatment option. His current plan seems to be working for him and he’s doing well. 

Thats absolutely true. That's exactly how it works, except for Britney who has her person controlled by a guardian.

14 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Also, I don't know much about the subject but do people diagnosed with mental health problems ALLOWED to make decisions regarding their treatment

Yessss, mentally ill people are absolutely allowed to determine their own medicinal treatment ! UNLESS they are involuntarily committed. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Roxxy said:

YES 100% The patient can decide wether they even get treatment andhave the right to chose which meds they take and doctors HAVE to listen to their clients. No doctor, family member or friend can force treatment on people (unless you're in an illegal conservatorship)

• Love 1
  • Like 3