Tri Star Glassdoor Employees Review...WELP

:orangu_orangutan_ape:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Tri-Star-Sports-and-Entertainment-Group-Reviews-E1105636.htm

21. Beware of the positive reviews that are on Glassdoor. There was a meeting about how people refused to come in to interview because they were smart enough to read the reviews. Management pleaded for employees to place positive reviews on here.

4. Disrespectful behavior is tolerated. Managers lead by example and allow condescending emails to go back and forth.

5. The Higher-Ups aren’t truthful. They tell you one thing and their actions are different but I don’t blame them, they’re also trying to keep their jobs too. 6. There’s High Employee Turnover. 48+ people quit/got fired in a Year. This includes a CFO who lasted a week, 1 HR director lasted 8 months and a most recent HR director quit in a month, a Tax Director lasted 2 weeks.

This company is horrible. Run for the hills. DO NOT . DO NOT THINK OTHERWISE.

Advice to Management

Less bully and intimidation and false expressions.

Cons

Such a high turnover that everyone is afraid of losing their jobs. Therefore, everyone blames everyone else.

Cons

Please if you're in the position of considering a position here. DO NOT!! You will think back to this review and regret it. The positive reviews are all fake. Notice the dates- all April/May 2019 because about 5 people left in just one month in March/April. It is important to note that this is a small business with an owner. The owner is not a CEO in any kind of way. She is a small business owner that got lucky with few big-name clients, but to label herself a CEO? Nope. She does not understand what it means to be a true leader and manage people. She surrounds herself with people who are loyal to her like a dog. Senior leadership is nonexistent. As the other (real, not the fake ones) reviews mentioned, this place is not a place to grow your career. It's a dead-end job. You get a fancy title of an "accountant" but you're really a bookkeeper. But the owner doesn't want to label it as such because she wants to set herself apart from other business management firms. She also does this probably to get away from the fact that higher level "accountants" can be treated as exempt employees. This means that she does not have to give them overtime. Almost every other business management company and even CPA firms pay each employee hourly. The irony of this is that she doesn't want to classify you as an hourly employee but you sure are treated like one (you have to log all your hours with descriptions even if you're an assistant or a receptionist). The owner and her lack of trust for her workers mean that your hours will be recorded and scrutinized. I'm no HR expert, but I'm pretty sure that might be something you can flag to the department of labor. Because the owner deals with celebrities, you will get judged on what you wear. Comments will be made. Hurtful comments. If you are fat, the type of open fat-shaming with blatantly rude comments that you face is unreal. The owner hides behind the fact that because this is a "client-facing" role, she has the right to hire and choose who gets to sit with clients. Makeup, weight-loss, heels... are of these are directly and indirectly suggested. If you are in a client-facing role, your jaws will drop when you see some female directors come dressed in, let's say, not-so-modest clothing with cleavages and lots of legs exposed with high heels that belong elsewhere. Seriously, I got so shocked to see their attires in a work setting. It straight up looks like club attire. Professionalism at its finest! There is no "HR". If you have a problem, good luck. Anyone in HR never lasts long - that is a big red flag. One HR director has gone in half a year. A recruiter maybe one year. A CFO left in 3 months. If the people who are responsible for trying to create a positive workforce and finance leave, this is the ultimate sign that maybe you need to get out asap. Never trust what you tell HR. Actually, never trust anyone because people talk in this organization. Someone will already know what's going on in your life. The will use your weakness for their gain. The owner has created a culture of fear. People get fired so easily. No one trusts each other, everyone is negative, and people backstab each other all the time because once again, they're afraid to own up to their mistakes. The owner and sr. management will always blame a specific person for something. But if its consistently the same problem, who really is to blame here? The management or the individuals? If most of your employees are leaving within a year, it's not them. This is a finger-pointing culture. If anything goes right, it's just something that's expected. Credit will never be given. You have people here that will rat you out for leaving 15 minutes early but never praise you for working late. Look, she clearly is someone who understands EQ. This is actually the scary part! She will often tell you that she sits next to clients instead of in front of them to build trust and all these psychological tricks. She knows how to manipulate emotions and use it to her advantage just to achieve her goal. But she will recklessly dismiss talent on a regular basis with no concern of his or her well-being. She thinks that you are easily replaceable and that is why she focuses so much on recruitment. It's constant busy-season so be ready to work late nights and long hours. The owner keeps signing on clients at a rate that maxes out the internal workload. There are periods where no vacation is allowed and you are required to work late. Again, no overtime and guess what they feed you when you stay late? We're talking about 8 pm to past midnight hours here.... we get fed fast food. Pizza, Taco-bell, UGH, so gross. Meanwhile, the owner gets her meal-preps delivered to her with fresh salads. All the owner has to do is pay maybe what her shirts cost her to buy the team a decent meal. Other firms give like $10-15 for meal reimbursement if they stay late. She will buy the most lavish gifts for her clients but you're paid below market with a false promise of "promoting" you or giving you a review in 6 months and increasing your pay. Bonuses are laughable. It's one week's pay... are you kidding? The industry standard for accountants is 10%. If you are the owner's favorites, she'll buy you nice gifts though. But don't expect to keep it if you get terminated. The best thing that I've done for myself is leaving this organization. The anxiety of perhaps getting fired will keep you up at night. You will hear in your dreams of all the cursing and yelling that the owner shouts out. The funny thing is that this is a "Christian" company. Oh, btw, this is not an inclusive environment that celebrates people's various backgrounds. You'll see bible verses on walls so... if you're not Christian, just be prepared to see bible references everywhere. To current employees reading this, you know that they will suck you dry and leave you hanging. Take care of yourself first.

Advice to Management

If you talked to your staff with an ounce of compassion, more people would be there. Treat your employees the same way you treat your clients. They are the ones who are keeping the wheels spinning. It's not just you. All we want is to work with nice, positive people who show and truly appreciate the hard work the team puts in. If you can't show it with bonuses, at least give it to us in kind words. They are free and can go a long way. Stop treating your employees like hourly workers.

Cons

unfortunately.. the older reviews say it all.. i dont want exorcism to be performed at the place i work.. i want to feel safe and not have been told something like that i am possessed..

In a 6 month window, I witnessed over 45 people leave the company. The turn-over is a serious issue that can only be overcome, if they rid the ridiculous trio that dictate and bark Adolf-esque style commands to lower employees. I’ve found each member of the trio to lack professional moral, basic intelligence, yet overly capable of providing encumbrance throughout day to day operations.

Cons

Very cliquey. Some employees barely work 8 hours, the others work 12 hour days. The ones who "come in early" spend the first 2 hours chatting with each other. The company is 90% women who are all throwing each other under the bus and creating drama, instead of just...(hear me out)....working like they should be. The managers pretend to like you and 'have your back' but will throw you under the bus in a second if it helps them at all. Really hardcore favoritism. If you're not one of the favorites, just leave lol. It's a christian faith based company, and pretty apparent. There are proverbs on the walls. So you better be ok with that if you don't identify with it. Horrendous insurance. Can't afford to see a doctor hahahahaha. Good luck.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews on here, it's pathetic. The surveys are useful, but you have to take action if you really want employees to be happier.

It's like reading a horror book

:jackk_alien:

• Haha 2

Cons

Working there was a nightmare. Every second from the time I arrived to the time I left I was being micromanaged. I guess that’s what I should have expected from a company that thrives on micromanaging their client’s lives. Although they preached a good work/life balance, people were looked down upon for leaving before 7:00 pm. Most importantly, after landing a new job I learned that Tri Star does not have a good reputation in the industry as far as ethics are concerned. Luckily I wasn’t there for long. Like they say, you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Advice to Management

Treat people with dignity.

Cons

The cons are this, unlike what all the positive reviews say beware. Most likely they are putting in these reviews all at once since the new 16k location open with only 12 team members and the negative reviews were not letting them get the staff they needed to hire. This company has been around for 25 years in Nashville and 4 years in LA, so there should be more than 7 reviews and 5 of them in 2018 in the first few months. Where I see most of the issues coming from are from the executive level. They micromanage everything, thus not allowing for any growth. Approvals take months to get, thus the stagnation is horrible. If you wanted to bring on a client, forget it because that will take 6 months to do and you will lose the client to another firm. The owner of the company claims she is for women advancement but there is none there. She wants you to be subservient to her and not have a life although she will hide behind that a "family work balance". Moreover, the owner has the worst case of using foul language and demining you and hides behind her faith. She has a huge reputation for being difficult in the Business Management industry, however, everyone deals with her because of who her clients are. There is a HUGE turnover in her company so get used to that if you are there. Also, your job is NOT secure at all. If you bruise her ego she will fire you. If you differ from her point-- she will fire you. She is like an abusive husband where you take the abuse because you are too afraid to lose your lively hood.

Advice to Management

Get a board of directors to control and properly advise the owner, thus making it a company that can grow in a positive direction.

Cons

Extremely toxic culture. Exploitation of good workers. If you're a good employee they will bleed your dry. High pressure is an understatement, the company is riddled with unrealistic expectations and harshly condescending confrontation. The more competent you prove yourself to be, the more workload and pressure they will dump on your shoulders. Also, the expectation of perfection is never wavered, yet everyone in the company is so overloaded that messes abound.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. See the value of what they're giving you and compensate them accordingly. Get better insurance and 401k options. Staff properly so that the burden isn't on the shoulders of the few who are willing to stay in the office all hours. Reward those who do sacrifice their personal life to build your business. Eliminate fear culture. Things could be so much better if everyone felt valued and appreciated

The owner is extremely unprofessional. I have never heard anyone use the F word so many times in a short meeting (then pray at the end). She is EXCELLENT with clients, but needs to hire someone else to manage employees. You will never be able to do anything right, she will yell at you in front of everyone, and you will be expected to read her mind. She also has no shame in putting other women down based on what they are wearing or their appearance. As everyone knows, it goes from the top down, and this is the primary reason the turnover is so high.

• Haha 2

The things that have been said and done here are abhorrent. If some of the things that the owner has done to some of her CLIENTS ever got to the media, god help her. Turn over is high for a reason

This one always bothered me. I constantly get a picture in my head of Britney wanting to go somewhere and Lou saying, "Sure. Beg. On your knees. And bark like a dog after every beg." cuz she is the type who WOULD do that. 

"There have been instances of the technology team being forced to snoop through everyone's Skype history and emails to look for messages voicing their opinions or concerns about the company or the CEO. Upon finding, those people were terminated on the spot. 

Yeah, this I believe cuz she monitors everyone's devices if they're part of the cship. 

• Like 1

Cons

Hey y'all. I've been making money for Tristar for many years now even though I never even applied or interviewed to be an employee there. Anyways, I had to perform on stage for a few times a week and I found this difficult because there were big audiences and I suffer anxiety. I also had to do up close and personal meet and greets with potential killers, I think I hid my unease well though (for the photos.) I have some gay friends and the CEO of Tristar throws holy water on them every time while screaming homophobic slurs. It's pretty scary and not appropriate at all. I've emailed HR about this lady, but I always get the same automatic response "Satan's busy. Try again later." It's very frustrating. Anyways, I've taken some leave to clear my thoughts and do some modelling work on Instagram. My boyfriend likes to use me as his gym prop where he'll lift me, it's so fun. I also enjoy walks and going to the beach and painting. I haven't officially quit yet, but I haven't been to the office for 2 years so I hope they'll soon get the idea... 

Pros

I get an allowance. 

• Haha 4

We need to make this b.i.t.c.h famous. Everyone has to know who she is, everyone has to know how she looks like. Let’s make her as famous as Britney’s dad! Let’s spread the word! The whole world should know who this woman is.

#FREEBRITNEY

#BOYCOTT LOU M.TAYLOR

#LOUTAYLORISOVERPARTY

WE NEED TO MAKE THIS TREND! 

• Love 2