This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Me Against the Music single featuring Madonna in 2003 (October 14)

Which one is the best Me Against The Music performance?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ABC Special, forever and always

On October 14, 2003, Britney Spears released Me Against the Music, featuring Madonna, as the lead single off her fourth studio album In the Zone. It was written by Britney, Madonna, Christopher "Trick

It's literally impeccable My favourite moment is during Madonna's part, the back bend is everything

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, electricopop said:

I wonder why Madonna didn't perform this with Britney last time.

Last time when?

I am surprised they never did a live version of this together. However, it just goes to Britney's strength as a performer that she got the Queen of Pop to duet with her on a lead single, yet Britney absolutely owned every live performance of the song so much that I'm sure people forgot Madonna was even on it. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, britneyluv said:

Last time when?

I am surprised they never did a live version of this together. However, it just goes to Britney's strength as a performer that she got the Queen of Pop to duet with her on a lead single, yet Britney absolutely owned every live performance of the song so much that I'm sure people forgot Madonna was even on it

That's what I wanted to say first, however I wrote whatever mess. Thank you... and yes She killed them all the MATM performances :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

Wow! Great memories of this song. I’ve always loved MATM and still do. Britney’s deep vocal tones on the solo version still give me goosebumps, I love it so much. I remember being so happy for Britney that she got the chance to work with her favorite artist. She reminded me of how any of us would act if we got a chance to record a song with Britney. Great song, great video, great performances, always an exciting part for me personally during any Britney concert. 

• Love 1
On 10/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, britneyluv said:

Last time when?

I am surprised they never did a live version of this together. However, it just goes to Britney's strength as a performer that she got the Queen of Pop to duet with her on a lead single, yet Britney absolutely owned every live performance of the song so much that I'm sure people forgot Madonna was even on it. 

I meant back in 2003 when the song was released.

It would be a great kick start to promote the ITZ era with a VMA performance of the song, but instead we are blessed with the ever iconic Like A Virgin/Hollywood lesbo kissing performance!