This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Me Against the Music single featuring Madonna in 2003 (October 14)

Which one is the best Me Against The Music performance?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Exhale+

meagainstthesingle.jpg.e626331e34a2f96f5f3bad60dfe81663.jpg 71B7Hhi6NvL._SL1500_.jpg

On October 14, 2003, Britney Spears released Me Against the Music, featuring Madonna, as the lead single off her fourth studio album In the Zone. It was written by Britney, Madonna, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Thabiso "Tab" Nikhereanye, Penelope Magnet, Terius Nash and Gary O'Brien and produced by Trixster and Magnet.

It went Top 5 in almost every country it charted, including 5 #1's. In the US, though it hit the #1 on the Dance Club Songs chart, it only peaked at #35 on the BBH100, marking also Madonna's 50th entry on this chart, and the first time that she appeared credited as a featured artist.

Its music video premiered on Making the Video on October 21, but we'll celebrate that next week.

Previously:

============================================================================

Hi guys,

It's just me and me against the music this time for best performance battle between all the MATM performances.

Cast your vote for your favorite MATM music and tell us why it is your favorite :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

After a few more best of performances, i will do a battle between all the winning performances from the threads :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 8

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me. Why don't they just let me live?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ABC Special, forever and always

On October 14, 2003, Britney Spears released Me Against the Music, featuring Madonna, as the lead single off her fourth studio album In the Zone. It was written by Britney, Madonna, Christopher "Trick

It's literally impeccable My favourite moment is during Madonna's part, the back bend is everything

Posted Images

• Exhale+
1 minute ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

I like to make these because people can find out more performances that they haven't seen yet :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I have to stan, your doing the lords work on a Sunday :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 1

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

• Exhale+

i knew you would pick this :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

such a great performance tho :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

It's literally impeccable :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

My favourite moment is during Madonna's part, the back bend is everything :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

tumblr_mq9a68aK4r1sw0z8no1_500.gif

• Love 6

I wanna get in the zone 💎

• Exhale+

I see you love MATM by piece of me-ney :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: she slayed during those performances

I'm actually joking :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I think POMney was one of the worst of britney's performances, minus 10ish in which she slayed. It's sad 

• Haha 3
  • Exhale+
Just now, BUWYGF said:

I'm actually joking :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I think POMney was one of the worst of britney's performances, minus 10ish in which she slayed. It's sad 

i think it depends on the night :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: she did slay some of those MATM choreography during piece of me show

and not you making me believe you were being genuine :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Haha 2

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me. Why don't they just let me live?