This Day in Pop: Giorgio Moroder releases Tom's Diner single featuring Britney Spears in 2015 (October 9)

• Super Moderators

tomsdiner.jpg.58b7a8cf8e95e14352713c1a0a33b515.jpg giorgiobritneyEPcover.png

On October 9, 2015, Giorgio Moroder released Tom's Diner ft. Britney Spears as the fourth and final single off his album Déjà Vu. The Suzanne Vega cover, despite not being released as a single up to this point, it was already the best selling digital song of Giorgio, peaking at #38 on the Dance/Electronic Songs chart and #14 at the Dance/Electronic Digital Songs.

The single contained the album version of Tom's Diner plus two remixes: Leu Leu Land Remix and Hibell Remix.

A music video was never shot for the song, however, the same day the single came out, an animated lyric video was uploaded to Giorgio Moroder's YouTube channel.

• Love 9

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Super Moderators
31 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Will never forgive my Chinese class for saying they didn’t like this during one of our present continuous lessons :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

it was you? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Super Moderators
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Me how? I remember being so excited when the lesson came up because the song had just dropped and then I asked them if they liked it and one of them so nonchalantly was like “teacher I don’t like” and I stood there like :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

yes, I remember this story, but I didn't know it was yours :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Super Moderators
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Will never forgive my Chinese class for saying they didn’t like this during one of our present continuous lessons 

Iconic story! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Haha 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

I remember not liking it on the first listen but man, this song has grown so hard on me! Not to forget, Giorgio had nothing but amazing things to say about our girl (just like majority of the music industry) 

Wish they'd done a video, pictured a moody video with Brit driving across the Malibu coastline, singing .. nothing too flashy. 

Oh well

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Moderators
2 hours ago, YannFrance said:

Don't attack me but i never liked it, it sounds like a demo or something, also i don't like Moroder's music at all.

omg Yann and I was starting to like you again :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

but you are allowed to have your own opinion even if it's an unpopular one. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Never forget the clean version with Britney's raw vocals :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I don't understand why they never release this version officially? they have all these remixes and him doing another version yet this never gets the same treatment? like do all parties absolutely hate this version? I mean I wanna hear this in high quality and without extra concert noise. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Cassyls said:

Never been a fan of this song in any version 

Its just a weird song imo:zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

not every song britney releases has to be some kind of dance track or just completely revolving around ***

lets appreciate intellectualney here ok

this song is beautiful :melt_weird_drift_wow: