Jump to content

[4K UHD]Gimme More (Michael Cromey's Rough Cut)


Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, jennyj said:

I wonder why they didn't include the other scenes in the actual video.  She looked so good.  It's still one of my fav bops, and it shows that even when Britney is managing on her own, she has her own element.  Only thing I didn't like about this particular edit was that it felt very repetitive and dragged on a bit, wish they included more of the other scenes. And as mentioned above, she removed her top too early in this edit, so you lose the flow lol.  I love the added never-before-seen angles though :)

Yeah, it seems that this version was very rough and was posted by mistake, hence why when the fans noticed the website, the video got quickly deleted.

  • Like 1
Link to post

18 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Her body looks so much less edited than in the official video. Love that, her body was still amazing back then, and people dragged her so bad. She’s always be beautiful. 

Body standards have changed a lot since 2007. Britney's Blackout body, when toned, would be praised right now.

  • Love 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
On 10/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, jennyj said:

I wonder why they didn't include the other scenes in the actual video.  She looked so good.  It's still one of my fav bops, and it shows that even when Britney is managing on her own, she has her own element.  Only thing I didn't like about this particular edit was that it felt very repetitive and dragged on a bit, wish they included more of the other scenes. And as mentioned above, she removed her top too early in this edit, so you lose the flow lol.  I love the added never-before-seen angles though :)

Probably because they couldn't edit those scenes, body/face wise, unlike the pole dance ones. Also, the storyline didn't make sense snd they made it made sense while repeating the pole dance while blonde Britney is watching. Pretty sure those blonde scenes were recorded after all of it by Jive's request.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/12/2020 at 11:38 PM, CJMCH said:

Probably because they couldn't edit those scenes, body/face wise, unlike the pole dance ones. Also, the storyline didn't make sense snd they made it made sense while repeating the pole dance while blonde Britney is watching. Pretty sure those blonde scenes were recorded after all of it by Jive's request.

 

On 10/12/2020 at 10:06 PM, CJMCH said:

Body standards have changed a lot since 2007. Britney's Blackout body, when toned, would be praised right now.

 

On 10/12/2020 at 4:04 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Her body looks so much less edited than in the official video. Love that, her body was still amazing back then, and people dragged her so bad. She’s always be beautiful. 

She wasn't edited on the Official Versions either, that's just due to a wrong aspect ratio format of the Funeral Version where it was stretched to achieve the 16:9 format, while the Official Versions are real 16:9 videos, let me show you:

Wrong format usued on the Funeral Version:

gimmemore.png

Real Format that have to be usued:

gimmemore2.png

She looks now less bigger because here, it's the real format and it's not stretched to fit the full screen, it's like stretching a 4:3 video to full 16:9, it makes everything stretched and bigger.

  • Like 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, MSTAR said:

 

 

She wasn't edited on the Official Versions either, that's just due to a wrong aspect ratio format of the Funeral Version where it was stretched to achieve the 16:9 format, while the Official Versions are real 16:9 videos, let me show you:

Wrong format usued on the Funeral Version:

gimmemore.png

Real Format that have to be usued:

gimmemore2.png

She looks now less bigger because here, it's the real format and it's not stretched to fit the full screen, it's like stretching a 4:3 video to full 16:9, it makes everything stretched and bigger.

If you can't see the excessive liquify on the official video, then I don't really know what you're watching. This is like saying that because you add a skin texture/accentuation to the video, you're maintaining the video's actual texture when it's actually an added effect that was not supposed to be there.

The video on Michael Cromey's MOV was less wider because it was actually in the wrong aspect ratio, probably an error while encoding the low resolution video for his web. Even if you think that the stretched version is real, you can check a few caps and judge for yourself, I used the original MOV vs the TS from VEVO:

5KaFQ1L.png

QgGfCV8.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
12 hours ago, CJMCH said:

If you can't see the excessive liquify on the official video, then I don't really know what you're watching. This is like saying that because you add a skin texture/accentuation to the video, you're maintaining the video's actual texture when it's actually an added effect that was not supposed to be there.

The video on Michael Cromey's MOV was less wider because it was actually in the wrong aspect ratio, probably an error while encoding the low resolution video for his web. Even if you think that the stretched version is real, you can check a few caps and judge for yourself, I used the original MOV vs the TS from VEVO:

5KaFQ1L.png

QgGfCV8.png

 

I will not disagree with you about the filters added as they are obvious, but that wasn’t my point. By retouching her, I meant that like what they did with Piece Of Me or Work Bi—h, like they retouched frame by frame Britney. I said that the major factor of Britney being big is essentially the format ratio, like you have seen on my example, by putting the frame in the correct ratio, Britney looks suddenly less bigger.

Link to post
3 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I will not disagree with you about the filters added as they are obvious, but that wasn’t my point. By retouching her, I meant that like what they did with Piece Of Me or Work Bi—h, like they retouched frame by frame Britney. I said that the major factor of Britney being big is essentially the format ratio, like you have seen on my example, by putting the frame in the correct ratio, Britney looks suddenly less bigger.

I'm not talking about the coloring filters, I was just putting out an example on how things are obvious sometimes. I was talking about the obvious retouching on the official music video vs Michael Cromey's video. It wasn't done frame by frame like Piece of Me or Work *****, that's why the background looks deformed and it's very obvious.

The aspect ratio is not the major factor and, again, the aspect ratio on Cromey's is messed up, she looks shrunken. If you see both comparison images I've just posted, you can see they liquified Britney on the official video and the brick wall/club background/pole looks deformed.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

I'm not talking about the coloring filters, I was just putting out an example on how things are obvious sometimes. I was talking about the obvious retouching on the official music video vs Michael Cromey's video. It wasn't done frame by frame like Piece of Me or Work *****, that's why the background looks deformed and it's very obvious.

The aspect ratio is not the major factor and, again, the aspect ratio on Cromey's is messed up, she looks shrunken. If you see both comparison images I've just posted, you can see they liquified Britney on the official video and the brick wall/club background/pole looks deformed.

"Filters" doesn’t mean filters of colors necessarily, I can add a filter that remove the noises for example. Or if you prefer, FX Effect would fits better. And yes that’s what I actually said, as it wasn’t done frame by frame unlike Piece Of Me and Work Work, they usued filters to make Britney thinner and look better...

 

Quote

She wasn't edited

What I’m meaning by "She wasn’t edited", is that she isn’t edited directly frame by frame like on Piece Of Me and Work Work. And this explains why I say that:

Quote

By retouching her, I meant that like what they did with Piece Of Me or Work Bi—h, like they retouched frame by frame Britney

I was explaining you what mean for me retouching/edit someone.

To clarify my answer:

No they didn’t retouched Britney’s body directly, by using the frame by frame method. They just throw filters (or FX Effects, it’s the same thing anyway) on some scenes, made distortions effects to make her thinner without retouching/editing her body specifically.

Link to post
20 hours ago, MSTAR said:

"Filters" doesn’t mean filters of colors necessarily, I can add a filter that remove the noises for example. Or if you prefer, FX Effect would fits better. And yes that’s what I actually said, as it wasn’t done frame by frame unlike Piece Of Me and Work Work, they usued filters to make Britney thinner and look better...

 

What I’m meaning by "She wasn’t edited", is that she isn’t edited directly frame by frame like on Piece Of Me and Work Work. And this explains why I say that:

I was explaining you what mean for me retouching/edit someone.

To clarify my answer:

No they didn’t retouched Britney’s body directly, by using the frame by frame method. They just throw filters (or FX Effects, it’s the same thing anyway) on some scenes, made distortions effects to make her thinner without retouching/editing her body specifically.

Either way, they still retouched her body, using filters, liquify or any other technique, so what other users said here is true: her body is less edited and bigger on Michael Cromey's version.

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, CJMCH said:

Either way, they still retouched her body, using filters, liquify or any other technique, so what other users said here is true: her body is less edited and bigger on Michael Cromey's version.

Ikr, I didn’t disagreed about what they said just wanted to point/add the aspect ratio thing at first but yeah you understanded what I meant first so you have completly right. :)

By the way is it you who have done this upscale?

Link to post
5 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Ikr, I didn’t disagreed about what they said just wanted to point/add the aspect ratio thing at first but yeah you understanded what I meant first so you have completly right. :)

By the way is it you who have done this upscale?

Yes I did. I added some grain, but YT compression erased that. The process was tricky, but the results are good compared to what we had, IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Meh. I’m sorry but the song deserves a better video.  It’s a bit cringe.  Pole dancing to Gimme More? Really? There’s so many other ways you could make a story about that.  This just made her look desperate.  Sure there are some cute moments when she smiles.. but there’s 0 choreo and it just altogether looks unpolished and amateurish. 

  • Dislike 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
7 hours ago, CJMCH said:

Yes I did. I added some grain, but YT compression erased that. The process was tricky, but the results are good compared to what we had, IMO.

Oh yeah it does the same when I was testing an upscale of If U Seek Amy, If U Seek Amy is originally grainy and YouTube removed a lot of grain and made the video awful, but still you did an awesome work, it’s indeed far better than the ugly 360p one. You usued Topaz Video Enhance AI or Gigapixel AI?

  • Love 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Meh. I’m sorry but the song deserves a better video.  It’s a bit cringe.  Pole dancing to Gimme More? Really? There’s so many other ways you could make a story about that.  This just made her look desperate.  Sure there are some cute moments when she smiles.. but there’s 0 choreo and it just altogether looks unpolished and amateurish. 

The thing is that Gimme More should have a complex video, but I read somewhere on internet (and even here) that’s Britney who didn’t wanted to shot the rest of the original story (more likely the funeral concept) but wanted to only shot the club scenes and just dancing. I also saw that’s Britney who picked this director instead of another that her team wanted at first. The official video is more interesting due to all effects added for the final product but still not enough, it still look cheap but that’s what Britney apparently wanted, to look cheap because everyone want more from her. So yeah, Gimme More definitely deserved a better music video with more budget for the video.

Link to post
14 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Oh yeah it does the same when I was testing an upscale of If U Seek Amy, If U Seek Amy is originally grainy and YouTube removed a lot of grain and made the video awful, but still you did an awesome work, it’s indeed far better than the ugly 360p one. You usued Topaz Video Enhance AI or Gigapixel AI?

Topaz + Premiere for clean up, grain, coloring

Thank you! Working with AI is always regretful, because you're always double thinking if it could work better with another setting or maybe with a double pass, at least in my case, so I just hope I'm doing the best that I could.

  • Love 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, CJMCH said:

Topaz + Premiere for clean up, grain, coloring

Thank you! Working with AI is always regretful, because you're always double thinking if it could work better with another setting or maybe with a double pass, at least in my case, so I just hope I'm doing the best that I could.

Omg the same! I’m always wondering if the results I have is the best or not, if there’s a better source somewhere, or if trying to change the AI module or some settings would make it better, and the problem is that you can’t try each setting with each AI module as it takes a long of time to render the upscales...

But I have an advice for you (in case if you never did): cut the video to make it like 15 seconds, and test this 15 seconds extract with every setting to test the results and choose the best one, that’s what I do recently and that’s why the results I have now are far better than my old ugly upscales.

  • Love 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block