BLACKPINK's "The Album" debut at #2 on Billboard 200 and UK Albums Chart

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update (October 9):    They also debut at #2 in the UK, earning the highest debut for a female K-pop group in both US and UK. 'The Album' was also the best selling cassette tape there w

So awesome to see BLACKPINK claim the #2 spot in the US. That's absolutely huge.

Already outpeaked Glory.  #JusticeForGlory

Posted Images

• Exhale+
4 hours ago, Invitation said:

According to HDD's early projections, BLACKPINK's debut album "The Album" is heading for a No. 2 bow with 110-125k total units (90-100k album sales). Their most recent effort "Kill This Love" EP peaked #24 on the same chart. "The Album" was released with its lead single "Lovesick Girls" on October 2nd (Friday), featuring David Guetta's guest production. Cardi B and Selena Gomez also lent the girls their effort in album tracks "Bet You Wanna" and "Ice Cream" respectively.

On the day of its release, YG Entertainment confirmed that BLACKPINK: The Album has hit over 1 million pre-order sales, globally, marking the 'Lovesick Girls' act as the first K-Pop girl group to do so in history. 670,000 units were sold in Korea and 340,000 units in the United States and Europe. To add to that, 18,888 copies of their limited edition LP sold out early.

In other weeks, this would have gotten the K-pop group their first #1, but this is currently held off by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin's "SAVAGE MODE II". It will mark 21 Savage's biggest sales week with 170-195k total units (14-17k album sales).

The rest of the projections are as follows:

21 Savage & Metro Boomin (Slaughter Gang/Epic/Boominati/Republic) 170-195k total activity, 14-17k album
BLACKPINK (Interscope) 110-125k, 90-100k
Bryson Tiller (RCA) 75-85k, 6-9k
Lany (Interscope) 40-50k, 30-40k
Bon Jovi (Island) 19-22k, 18-21k

From #24 to #2!! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: I'm so proud of these talented beauties :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

So the Madonna fans were right. The Rarities was indeed going to flop. 

They got one thing right outside Christmas. Mariah isn't relevant no matter what the lambs say or try. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

They got one thing right outside Christmas. Mariah isn't relevant no matter what the lambs say or try. 

The B army got one thing right about Madonna and SpiceFlops. They aren’t relevant either. :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Exhale+
3 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

The B army got one thing right about Madonna and SpiceFlops. They aren’t relevant either. :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

So is Britney too :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

• Haha 3

:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: MATM (Bhangra Remix) is the best remix of Britney’s career :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Exhale+

Those are really good numbers :brityes_britney_yes_nodding: Who knows, maybe a mid-week prediction can change the charts, and the album (pun intended) debuts at #1 :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: MATM (Bhangra Remix) is the best remix of Britney’s career :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Super Moderators
8 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

is it me or these charts are completely irrelevant these days? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: These artists don't impact anymore on general public 

Except they are relevant. I am not a BLACKPINK stan but to say they don't impact the general public is grossly inaccurate and an ignorant.

Their views on Youtube alone go up to 500 million for multiple videos. Not everything is inflated like what you keep pushing.

And for a Beyoncé stan, who literally buys her awards, you sure are quick to put down artists who you think are inflating their numbers. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Twitter Team
11 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Except they are relevant. I am not a BLACKPINK stan but to say they don't impact the general public is grossly inaccurate and an ignorant.

Their views on Youtube alone go up to 500 million for multiple videos. Not everything is inflated like what you keep pushing.

And for a Beyoncé stan, who literally buys her awards, you sure are quick to put down artists who you think are inflating their numbers. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

First of all i live in Italy and here they are completely irrelevant :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:
Second i have witnessed the prime of Britney and the entire world was bow down to her so this local act can't even compete :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

P.S i'm not a part of Parkwood Entertainment so i don't know why i'm supposed to give a **** about Beyoncé and her awards :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

But i'm happy for you if you have seen the bills of those awards :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
12 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

We can also say the same thing about a certain album called Queen. 

• Haha 5

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

10 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

We can also say the same thing about a certain album called Queen. 

Nicki in 2020 has 3B streams on Spotify alone. Cardi? Madonna? SpikeFloppy? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

I know you’re hurting because you stan two irrelevant acts and one without any talents, but Nicki Minaj is far from being over! She’s competing with the pop girls, oops, THE RELEVANT ONES! You’re excluded from this topic  :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Nicki is still the biggest female rapper in 2020. I don't see how she will be irrelevant unless she retires.

Queen was also relevant. It's not a flop.

Preach and she will get her solo #1 and her Grammy. Just wait and see, she was blackballed for too long now. The barbs are eating this era. All she has to do is to slay just like she did with Trollz. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

So my advice to Spice di Nova is to stay in ya f place. You just don’t want to mess with me. 

• Haha 3