Vote! Britney nominated for a People's Choice Award

1 minute ago, IJustWannaLurk said:

Will it bring her joy, though? If it's not her posting, and if (if) she even saw her profile, wouldn't she think "my fans actually like that creep Lou's posts?" :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:
IDK how this award works at all, what was she technically even nominated for? "Social celebrity". What did she do? She's MIA. I am so confused.

Come on guys, why is everyone saying that. I don't believe that she posts either. To me it's a nomination of my fav icon and I'm going to show my support. She knows that her fans don't give a fûck about her team and in my opinion she will feel good to know that we still got her back and don't have abandoned her (esp when she is against Ariana, Serena etc with 100+million followers).

Anyways, it's not obligatory to vote if you don't feel the same and it's totally cool. Besides, it's not that important, meaning it's not going to change anything in her life.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lou: I accept this award on behalf of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment 

My queen still getting nominations after 22 years. Who is doing it like her? 

Imagine receiving an award for posting this: Legends only. Eat your heart out, Katya Purina. 

Posted Images

Just now, 1inamillion said:

Come on guys, why is everyone saying that. I don't believe that she posts either. To me it's a nomination of my fav icon and I'm going to show my support. She knows that her fans don't give a fûck about her team and in my opinion she will feel good to know that we still got her back and don't have abandoned her (esp when she is against Ariana, Serena etc with 100+million followers).

Anyways, it's not obligatory to vote if you don't feel the same and it's totally cool. Besides, it's not that important, meaning it's not going to change anything in her life.

I agree, it can't hurt. I'm sure especially now she would appreciate any kind of fan support or recognition with everything going on. 

4 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

Yeah, but isn't this award kind of a GP thing? I'm not really familiar with it, only ever glanced it in passing in the news, but I was of the impression that it wasn't just a hardcore fan thing. Her instagram is flooded with really gross comments by people who have no clue, making fun of her antics. It just seems like mockery for her to win this in 2020. Like she didn't win it because her fans have her back, but because the 'People' find her entertaining when she's clearly in anguish. But that's just how I view it. I feel like a free, happy Britney wouldn't even vote for an account like that herself. And I don't want Lou to think people are actually buying her lies, because she's that stupid and self-absorbed. Plus my view is that Britney wouldn't be told if she won. I don't think they want to tell her anything. That Mariah quote from the article yday really struck me: “Because I was never alone, I had no comprehension of the impact my music and I were making on the outside world ... Did Tommy know I would be easier to control if I were kept ignorant of the full scope of my power?”

I don't want to come across as combative about this, so please don't take it the wrong way. I think your sentiment is really sweet and I don't think people voting for her is "wrong". Maybe it even makes some look into this and find #freebritney because, judging by the comments, a lot of people still have no idea what's happening. I just wanted to comment from a different angle.

If her lawyer's statement is to be believed, then she knows her fans have her back.

2 minutes ago, IJustWannaLurk said:

Yeah, but isn't this award kind of a GP thing? I'm not really familiar with it, only ever glanced it in passing in the news, but I was of the impression that it wasn't just a hardcore fan thing. Her instagram is flooded with really gross comments by people who have no clue, making fun of her antics. It just seems like mockery for her to win this in 2020. Like she didn't win it because her fans have her back, but because the 'People' find her entertaining when she's clearly in anguish. But that's just how I view it. I feel like a free, happy Britney wouldn't even vote for an account like that herself. And I don't want Lou to think people are actually buying her lies, because she's that stupid and self-absorbed. Plus my view is that Britney wouldn't be told if she won. I don't think they want to tell her anything. That Mariah quote from the article yday really struck me: “Because I was never alone, I had no comprehension of the impact my music and I were making on the outside world ... Did Tommy know I would be easier to control if I were kept ignorant of the full scope of my power?”

I don't want to come across as combative about this, so please don't take it the wrong way. I think your sentiment is really sweet and I don't think people voting for her is "wrong". Maybe it even makes some look into this and find #freebritney because, judging by the comments, a lot of people still have no idea what's happening. I just wanted to comment from a different angle.

If her lawyer's statement is to be believed, then she knows her fans have her back.

She's won it in the past and imo everything that she wins is based 100% on her fans and not the gp. But I absolutely respect your opinion. There is not right or wrong on this.

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You think Billie is superior to Britney so. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I never said that :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I said Billies debut was better artistically-wise than BOMT (album) :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Glory >>>>>>>>>>>> Rare. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:.

Glory, flopped as badly as a fish out of water, Slayare cant relate :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 1

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

I never said that :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

You like Billie better than Britney though and you've  admitted it. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:.

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I said Billies debut was better artistically-wise than BOMT (album) :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Being quirky does not make you a better artist. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:.

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Glory, flopped as badly as a fish out of water, Slayare cant relate :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Why do you hate Glory so much? Bitter that Smile can't relate? :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 1
  • Exhale+
10 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You like Billie better than Britney though and you've  admitted it. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:.

I like Billie more, but i obviously recognize Britney as more impactful and iconic

11 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Being quirky does not make you a better artist. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:.

Being a manafactured popstar with your debut neither makes you a better artist :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

11 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Why do you hate Glory so much? Bitter that Smile can't relate? :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I love Glory, but the fandom overrates it :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 1

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

• Exhale+
2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

How was it a manufactured debut when the only reason the ...Baby One More Time video exists is because Britney came up with the idea. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Im talking of the album, not the visuals or era :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Yeah and you under rated the album! :howdareyou_meme_cat:

It is one of my faves of Britney dont worry boo :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I tend to show lil love to the album publicly due to how everyone hates it, but secretly, i bop to the bops that are LMD, Liar, Slumber party, Change your mind and man on the moon :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: