This Day in Pop: Work ***** video premieres in 2013 (October 1)

• Super Moderators

workbitchv.jpg.d5dbdce2af450df741d0db50b4a58606.jpg Xray00933.jpg

On October 1, 2013, Britney Spears released the Work ***** music video. It was directed by Ben Mor, who also directed Scream & Shout's video. It premiered on the CW Network during the iHeart Radio festival, and later it was published on her YouTube account.

The video was shot in Malibu, California from September 7 - 10. Rumors sparked about the costs of the production and editing amounted to $6.5M, making it the second most expensive music video ever, but Ben Mor refuted these claims.

According to Britney, some scenes had to be edited out of the video because of their sexual tone. She said about the video: "A lot of *** goes into what I do. But sometimes I would like to bring it back to the old days when there was like one outfit through the whole video, and you're dancing the whole video, and there's like not that much *** stuff going on. It's about the dance and it's about being old school, it's like keeping it real and just making it about the dance. I'd love to do a video like that".

In the UK , the music video was banned from airing on music video networks before 10 pm, for displaying "a number of risqué scenes featuring bondage gear and Spears whipping her dancers".

013.jpg

The music video reached the 100M views on March 2014, becoming the 4th video on her channel to do so. It rapidly surpassed I Wanna Go video as the most watched on her channel, until it was eventually surpassed by ...Baby One More Time and Toxic a few years later.

Xray00178.jpg

Xray00247.jpg

Xray00368.jpg

Xray00491.jpg

Xray00520.jpg

Xray00580.jpg

Xray00652.jpg

Xray00731.jpg

Xray00826.jpg

Xray00907.jpg

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not you dissing Slumber Party 

Her face when she sings “you wanna live fancy” in the second verse gives me all the feels.   

Posted Images

• Exhale+

I remember reading the initial title of the track and cringing so hard at it "wErk *****".:nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew: But thankfully it was changed to what it is now.:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Anyway, I wasn't a fan of the song initially although I did love the instrumental. The music video was a banger. Britney looked amazing. The song grew on me and it's now a Britney classic. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I remember seeing that first shot from the set which made me think she was going for catwoman aesthetics.:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Britney Spears is back to her stunning best as she shows off her enviably  svelte figure in a bikini | Daily Mail Online

Halle Berry Says <i>Catwoman</i> 'Wasn't a Failure For Me'

Catwoman Halle Berry Ready to Fight Ready to Whip 8 x 10 Inch Photo at  Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles Store

Spoiler

I mean it's not far from the truth, looking at the leather gloves and the whip:waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

I like the video, but I never forgot that radio interview when she basically said she wanted to do a whole different thing for It.

Why they didn't respect Britney wishes? Her team seems to guide Britney's career without her opinions... like she's dead and they need to keep pushing and making decisions without the artist. That's so bizarre.

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not you dissing Slumber Party :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

I love Slumber Party both song / video. But I said what I said lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Exhale+

I think we can all agree that the video saved the song. The song is nice but really just a mediocre EDM infused track, but the sassiness and dominatrix she served in the vid added up to the song so much, I lived :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Like 3
  • Exhale+

This is one of my favourite music videos I love the choreography and she looked gorgeous :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

I'm caught up in the middle, jumping through the riddle, I'm falling just a little tonight.